Register Now
Clasher

Would you take up video Gaming as a professional job?

When I was younger I always thought it would be a dream job. Getting paid to play video games, how awesome! Now I feel like I would get bored and if your income is through playing video games you can't really get bored otherwise you won't be playing and earning money.

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

The stress doesn't all that worth it. Just that, I was familiar with the kind of assignment they asked for, but the price they offered is poor. And again the task doesn't come consecutively, it could've pushed me to do 2 or more of the tasks to earn at least $30 daily doing it. Since it wouldn't cost me more than 4-6 hours of my time daily. 

I can never consider that as a professional job for a game developer. Even if it's something that I enjoy doing, the pay is very discouraging to take the job. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I know the pay rate is far from being nice compared to the demands from the job. But, had it been i got surplus tasks to execute daily, I wouldn't have abandoned it. Maybe by now I could've raised reasonable amount of money for my own business online and offline as a mobile game tester. 

Okay, so you were pretty much occupied with other duties, that's perfectly understandable. I have never gotten that kind of offer, though I would like to but I haven't been applying for it because my current job wouldn't grant me enough time to add that to my daily activities.

46 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Okay, so you were pretty much occupied with other duties, that's perfectly understandable. I have never gotten that kind of offer, though I would like to but I haven't been applying for it because my current job wouldn't grant me enough time to add that to my daily activities.

I wasn't occupied thou, I fade up on the job because, it wasn't giving me the kind of funds I desire to make from it. And again, the tasks doesn't come steady, the 10$ I made from testing mobile games comes once every 2-3 days. Assume it comes daily and the tasks aren't stressful, I wouldn't have bothered, I could've been there at test.io earning those bucks. 

4 hours ago, Terry94 said:

When I was younger I always thought it would be a dream job. Getting paid to play video games, how awesome! Now I feel like I would get bored and if your income is through playing video games you can't really get bored otherwise you won't be playing and earning money.

For some people, if the pay is that good, they wouldn't care more about it being a boring job as long as they get their pay check as and when due. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

I can never consider that as a professional job for a game developer. Even if it's something that I enjoy doing, the pay is very discouraging to take the job. 

The pay is low, but it is a step ahead for one like me who never really earned that amount daily online. I wanted to grow from there, then explore to console video game testing adventure. Then from there, I can enter into hardware testing. 

On 6/6/2022 at 10:58 PM, Dannyjax said:

For a tournament where a winner can get up to $5000, it's definitely seen as professional job in my eyes because most jobs don't pay such amount of money. 

That maybe considered as one but it's going to be very difficult to win that kind of tournament if you're not on top of your game. It's not something you just join and win it. 

I'm looking for such kind of tournament to participate on. Even if I wouldn't win, let me be a partaker first. Maybe a David can still slay a Goiath when the time presents itself, cos I've seen memory shockers in the past when I was devoting my time watching eSports events. 

On 6/8/2022 at 11:01 PM, Justin11 said:

I wasn't occupied thou, I fade up on the job because, it wasn't giving me the kind of funds I desire to make from it. And again, the tasks doesn't come steady, the 10$ I made from testing mobile games comes once every 2-3 days. Assume it comes daily and the tasks aren't stressful, I wouldn't have bothered, I could've been there at test.io earning those bucks. 

I was interested in gaming jobs for a while, but I just decided to stick to playing for fun as gaming jobs dont come on a regular. I could still do game testing if the opportunity presents itself though.

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

That maybe considered as one but it's going to be very difficult to win that kind of tournament if you're not on top of your game. It's not something you just join and win it. 

There is no gain without pain. It's one of my best quote in life. It's why I take challenges very seriously with both hands. 

7 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

There is no gain without pain. It's one of my best quote in life. It's why I take challenges very seriously with both hands. 

I also love that quote too because it's a pure truth and not just all talk like some quotes that doesn't hold much value. 

When I looked into the kind of professional jobs a gaming company can offer someone with the skills to work and deliver for them, I found their offer on Sale's representative very interesting with a pay of about $59,594 per year. It's a good figure I can take up easily but I'm kind of good in the sales department. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

When I looked into the kind of professional jobs a gaming company can offer someone with the skills to work and deliver for them, I found their offer on Sale's representative very interesting with a pay of about $59,594 per year. It's a good figure I can take up easily but I'm kind of good in the sales department. 

Developers and Programmers are the one's that are paid well most that a working for gaming companies. Game developers earns over $92k per year while programmers earn around $73k per year.