Register Now
Clasher

Do you like playing Games alone or with friends?

14 hours ago, Jasmin said:

If I am not in a mood to talk and don't want people to be around me, playing alone helps me to relieve my stress. However, when I am in jolly mood, the fun doubles while playing with friends.

I play alone when I'm just in the mood for it, I just play some soft music in the background whilst playing ( I don't usually play with headsets ). I still make out time to have friends over and we all play video games together and it's always a fun moment.

17 hours ago, Jasmin said:

If I am not in a mood to talk and don't want people to be around me, playing alone helps me to relieve my stress. However, when I am in jolly mood, the fun doubles while playing with friends.

Same here - I love trolling my friends in-game or trolling other players together. It ensures we always have a great time and everyone gets a laugh out of this.

Just as I love watching sports with family and friends, that's same way I love playing video games. It makes sense with the crowd especially from family and friends. But in the sense I can't get in touch with my family or friends, I'll confidently play with AI opponents. 

On 5/30/2022 at 4:31 AM, Jasmin said:

Our mood can actually decide that for us because when you are in a very good mood, you might be free to play with friends but when you're in a bad mood, it would be a nice decision to play alone. 

Most of the time I prefer to play alone, and I rather enjoy having games that I play only with a certain group of friends and vice versa. One of my D&D players introduced me to a friend group and we play video games quite frequently, even though I originally wanted to play D&D exclusively and that be it. I treat video game friendships like any other relationship: there's a time and a place for communication, and usually it's not outside of that one game. Maybe that's just me, and maybe that seems exhausting. I regret losing friends simply to distance from the game, but it's bittersweet. I've got the memories playing with them and the good times we've had are what matter most. That said, I don't want to go through that every time I play something.

If there's one drawback to playing with other people it's being conscious of them. Am I going too fast, too slow, am I taking the spotlight from them, am I lagging behind, do they want to go this way or that way? It really chives my spuds when my current game friend asks "another round?" or "what do you want to play?" and I'm thinking you invited me, you pick. They mean well, and I appreciate them asking rather than dictating more often than not.

If I had to choose one way to play for the rest of my days, it'd be solo. There's many other hobbies I can induldge in with other people where we're all on even footing, but when I play a video game I want to play it, not wait or rush, or worry about the other person.

On 6/3/2022 at 6:17 PM, Jasmin said:

Gaming is not only about being in a mood to plat, gaming is also about whether you have energy to play. When you are very tired, you will not be able to play the game.

For me, I can't be in the mood to play and not have the energy to play. They both work hand in hand for me. 

If I'm too tired to play, there's no way I would be in the mood to play any video games. 

On 5/30/2022 at 10:18 PM, killamch89 said:

Same here - I love trolling my friends in-game or trolling other players together. It ensures we always have a great time and everyone gets a laugh out of this.

As long as the trolling is done in a healthy manner, it doesn't bother me at all. Although, there are some gamers who don't take it lightly. It's why I'm very careful with my friends I troll online. 

On 6/3/2022 at 9:10 PM, Withywarlock said:

Most of the time I prefer to play alone, and I rather enjoy having games that I play only with a certain group of friends and vice versa. One of my D&D players introduced me to a friend group and we play video games quite frequently, even though I originally wanted to play D&D exclusively and that be it. I treat video game friendships like any other relationship: there's a time and a place for communication, and usually it's not outside of that one game. Maybe that's just me, and maybe that seems exhausting. I regret losing friends simply to distance from the game, but it's bittersweet. I've got the memories playing with them and the good times we've had are what matter most. That said, I don't want to go through that every time I play something.

If there's one drawback to playing with other people it's being conscious of them. Am I going too fast, too slow, am I taking the spotlight from them, am I lagging behind, do they want to go this way or that way? It really chives my spuds when my current game friend asks "another round?" or "what do you want to play?" and I'm thinking you invited me, you pick. They mean well, and I appreciate them asking rather than dictating more often than not.

If I had to choose one way to play for the rest of my days, it'd be solo. There's many other hobbies I can induldge in with other people where we're all on even footing, but when I play a video game I want to play it, not wait or rush, or worry about the other person.

That's perfectly understandable, there was a phase of my gaming journey when I just prefer to sit in crib playing video games all alone.

At some point I started meeting some really interesting individuals who were also interested in the kind of games I like and we all started hanging out and playing video games together. Right now I play videogames alone most of the time.

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

As long as the trolling is done in a healthy manner, it doesn't bother me at all. Although, there are some gamers who don't take it lightly. It's why I'm very careful with my friends I troll online. 

Some of my guys knows how to be a complete a** when it comes to how they troll one another. It's fun because we know it's all about getting over over ourselves.