Register Now
The Blackangel

Are certain games better in online play, or story mode?

On 5/31/2022 at 10:48 PM, Head_Hunter said:

I understand your point our amiable mod, FIFA is a seasonal game, which is seen around professional football leagues, they're all seasonal games. So, when new season starts, always expect changes in the game, that's what EA keeps doing to bring new features to it's gamers. Those items/cards are there for players to purchase with points, they're still optional, you don't need to spend real money for those cards if you don't want to.

You can even skip from buying new FIFA edition game, just download the DLC using LAN or internet connection, and it will update the current changes in the game, maybe you're playing FIFA 21, and FIFA 22 is on-board, you can download FIFA 22 contents to your FIFA 21, through importation of data, and you move on. 

I've been playing FIFA ultimate team for long now, I never really spent on the online game, I earn my points from in-game, top competitions I've break in and conquered, which has helped me to rank very high in the leaderboard. And with those points you can unlock some useful cards that is on same per with the points value, use the player cards or any item card to build your squad strong and vice versa. 

Well, the truth remains that nobody is really compelled to spend money on FUT unless you just want to. You can still enjoy the game to a good extent without paying a dime.

I have been playing FUT for a while and I haven't spent anything on it apart from what I pay for game purchase or installation from a game shop.

16 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Sea of Thieves is another game which I enjoyed playing online. Being able to play with a crew gives me a great sense of commitment with the task we are supposed to carry out as a team. Exploring the open ocean in the game, going for loot, conveying goods from port to port and playing around on deck is what makes it fun for me. 

Sea of Thieves always reminds of me of the movie Pirates of the Caribbean whenever I'm playing it because it's almost the game thing that happened in the movie that they have in the gameplay. 

12 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Sea of Thieves always reminds of me of the movie Pirates of the Caribbean whenever I'm playing it because it's almost the game thing that happened in the movie that they have in the gameplay. 

Same here.

When I first saw this triller I just had to go check out the game online, though I didn't play much of it , but it has the feel of  the movie pirates of Caribbean .

17 hours ago, Clasher said:

Same here.

When I first saw this triller I just had to go check out the game online, though I didn't play much of it , but it has the feel of  the movie pirates of Caribbean .

As far as pirates video games goes, it's the best that I have played. There was so much resemblance and link up with what happened in pirates of Caribbean in connection with the game. The Kraken, Ship gun battles, and there was even the a one leg character like Captain Hector Barbossa with his one leg. 

I was enjoying FIFA ultimate team mode during 2014 era, but the excessive micro transactions in the mode, made me quit, before I'll run broke, trying to build my team strong. At the moment, their is nothing much more interesting to me than GT 7 MMO mode. 

I'm of two minds on the subject. On the one hand, 'it's better with friends' is neither a valid critique nor valid praise, as most everything is better with friends. Having teeth pulled is better with friends because it's a bad activity that is dampened by the comfort of having friends nearby. Likewise, enjoyment of a good game can be amplified by having friends enjoy it because you're having fun together. And things that are so bad they're good are best (or only) enjoyed with friends because you're laughing at your friends laughing, not necessarily the bad thing. My point being that online play being good with friends or company should be expected, otherwise why is it online in the first place? I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm not to play with its abhorrent playerbase, but to play characters and modes I enjoy, the online being secondary to me.

On the other hand, not every game needs to be experienced with others. I don't like taking charge in multiplayer so it gets real irritating for a friend of mine to be told 'you pick' or 'it's up to you' when they ask if we want to play another round, a different game, or so on. I tend to focus more on the other player than myself in cooperative efforts: am I going too fast, too slow, am I doing something they don't want to, and what do I do if I don't like what they're doing? Being able to enjoy my own company is fine too.

What I'm absolutely against is a tacked-on middle-ground. This I cannot compromise with. Co-op in primarily single-player games where the other player is just a guest, ignored by NPCs except for combat, tagging along like an imaginary friend. Likewise, dissatisfying campaigns or multiplayer. This was particularly prevalent during the days between the genesis of online multiplayer on consoles and F2P becoming standard. Companies had to justify the $50/60 price tag but players focus groups didn't want to play a game that was just a campaign or just multiplayer, so they got both and were not satisfied by either. Fortunately developers and publishers were empowered to do one or the other afterwards outside of tech demos (tech demos practically ending with Ryse: Son of Rome and Knack). and so we can appreciate the best of both worlds these days.

There's merits to both means of making a game. What matters most to me is that developers and publishers learn from the mistakes of the not-so-distant past, know one's audience, and stick to the design that works. When you try to have your cake and eat it too, one part of the game will fall behind. It appears Halo: Infinite, for instance, did not learn from Frontlines: Fuel of War or most of its seventh gen ilk.

TL;DR - Either works for me, but if a game is going to be either online or single-player, it must do only one of those things and do it well.

4 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

As far as pirates video games goes, it's the best that I have played. There was so much resemblance and link up with what happened in pirates of Caribbean in connection with the game. The Kraken, Ship gun battles, and there was even the a one leg character like Captain Hector Barbossa with his one leg. 

I played only a few times but it was actually packed with essential pirate experience from fighting, sailing , exploring and looting. 

Thinking about going into that video game online again. Been a while I played it.

On 6/20/2022 at 8:50 AM, Aniekwe said:

Your are right with that comparison of Pirates of the Caribbean and Sea of Thieves. I watched Pirates of the Caribbean before playing the game and it was very easy for me to understand the game because I have seen it all in the movie. 

20 hours ago, Clasher said:

I played only a few times but it was actually packed with essential pirate experience from fighting, sailing , exploring and looting. 

Thinking about going into that video game online again. Been a while I played it.

I played Sea of Thieves around two months ago. It haven't been that long. But whenever I'm in the mood for pirating again, it's the best game that's going to satisfy that feeling. 

17 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I played Sea of Thieves around two months ago. It haven't been that long. But whenever I'm in the mood for pirating again, it's the best game that's going to satisfy that feeling. 

The last time I played the game, I even had to repeat watching Pirates of the Caribbean  all over again because the game reignited my interest in the movie once again after leaving it out for a very long time. 

23 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I  played sea of thieves today and I played for about an hour before going to do other stuffs. I had a good playing time though I am finding myself drifting more and away from the game but today has peaked my interest again.

17 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I  played sea of thieves today and I played for about an hour before going to do other stuffs. I had a good playing time though I am finding myself drifting more and away from the game but today has peaked my interest again.

It may take at least 3 months or more before I would be getting into playing the game again. It's a game that's very capable of keeping me on it for a very long time. 

50 minutes ago, Aniekwe said:

It may take at least 3 months or more before I would be getting into playing the game again. It's a game that's very capable of keeping me on it for a very long time. 

That's okay, whenever you feel you are ready the game is always gonna be available for you to enjoy. For now I will be giving it atleast 2 hours of my time weekly.