Register Now
The Blackangel

Are certain games better in online play, or story mode?

18 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I'm looking at playing Portal 2. It was recommended to me by my friend that it's a good online game. I should be getting it soon and find out for myself. 

It's a very good game. I have played it a couple of times and it's very addictive. Be braced up for it because it's going to grip hard on you. 

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

This portal 2 action game is amazing after watching the trailer. I love games with such an awesome storyline, graphics and gameplay. I might be triggered in the near future to go for it. 

The online mode of the game makes it very easy and fun for me to play it all the time. The level of competition it brings out makes it very interesting and challenging to play and enjoy. 

12 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

The online mode of the game makes it very easy and fun for me to play it all the time. The level of competition it brings out makes it very interesting and challenging to play and enjoy. 

I never got to play the game talk more if it's online mode. With your explanation, you've pushed me high getting this game. I'll definitely check out the price, and hopefully get the game. 

5 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I never got to play the game talk more if it's online mode. With your explanation, you've pushed me high getting this game. I'll definitely check out the price, and hopefully get the game. 

It's sold at 80% off discount promo on Steam right now. You can have it checked out now. The promo ends on 7th July. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/620/Portal_2/

7 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

It's sold at 80% off discount promo on Steam right now. You can have it checked out now. The promo ends on 7th July. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/620/Portal_2/

I walked through the game, I saw the discount you talked about, it's real. The initial price was $9.99, but with the 80% discount, it turned out being priced at $1.99. the only demerit for now is that, the game isn't ported on PS4. 

On 6/24/2022 at 8:48 AM, Dannyjax said:

It's a very good game. I have played it a couple of times and it's very addictive. Be braced up for it because it's going to grip hard on you. 

I will look into getting this game and since it's 80% discounted on Steam, it's as good as free. I won't miss out now to get it very cheaper. Before 7th July, I must have purchased it. 

18 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I will look into getting this game and since it's 80% discounted on Steam, it's as good as free. I won't miss out now to get it very cheaper. Before 7th July, I must have purchased it. 

You just have about 10 days to make that decision or the offer is going to end. I suggest you do that a lot quicker so you don't miss the window of opportunity. 

2 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

You just have about 10 days to make that decision or the offer is going to end. I suggest you do that a lot quicker so you don't miss the window of opportunity. 

10 days is more than enough for me to decide on that. It's not even expensive for me to be having cold feet towards it. Anyways, thanks for stressing that. 

I think it depends on the game. Games like COD survive because of their multiplayer. Most people don't even bother with the single player modes. But there are games where I don't have any interest in the online. I prefer RDR2 main story to the online. Same with GTA, because the online modes become repetitive and boring after a while. 

COD mobile is exceptional, that's the one I enjoyed on my mobile aside from racing games which I played online. Upon that, I've learned about RDR online, still I'm yet to play it, due to my engagement with other stuffs. 

One thing I love more with single player games, is that you don't usually have to deal with online trolls, hackers, cheaters and other annoying gamers who make online gaming a horrible experience. Single player at least gives you that freedom to be alone in your game. With online you often have to contend with other players, and we all know that most online gamers don't care, and will grief you or cause other problems. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think it depends on the game. Games like COD survive because of their multiplayer. Most people don't even bother with the single player modes. But there are games where I don't have any interest in the online. I prefer RDR2 main story to the online. Same with GTA, because the online modes become repetitive and boring after a while. 

This issue of repetition is why I didn't enjoy playing Red Dead Online. They lack the content to make it possible to keep gamers at it for a long time without getting bored. I even think that GTA online is even better than Red Dead Online. 

5 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

This issue of repetition is why I didn't enjoy playing Red Dead Online. They lack the content to make it possible to keep gamers at it for a long time without getting bored. I even think that GTA online is even better than Red Dead Online. 

It's the grind. No one wants to sit for hours on end, doing small tasks to make a minimal payout. Plus, with RDR2 online, it's a much slower process due to having to ride horses to every waypoint on the map. It's a slow and tedious at times and that's no fun. I want freedom in my online game. Let me get more money for the grind I'm putting in, at least then the payoff would be worth it imo. But, there's another problem with RDR2 online, Rockstar doesn't focus enough time on it, as their time is still on GTA V online, which is they money cow. RDR2 online will likely die out sooner rather than later. 😞