Register Now
StaceyPowers

What prompts you to save?

At what points in a game do you make a manual save? What motivates you to do it?

I find most of the time when I save a game manually, it is because everything is working okay and not bugging at that moment in time, so I am making a save because I am concerned about losing progress if something bugs shortly thereafter.

I also will manually save after finishing anything challenging and time-consuming.

Sometimes I will save too if there is beautiful scenery/weather, as I did not know how to make screenshots on PS3.

14 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

If you have ever lost a decent game progress all because you forgot to save, you will naturally and genuinely develop that habit without being told. 

This is the very reason why saving is so natural to me today because I lost a huge progress on playing GT 6 and I felt like breaking my controller. I had to keep my cool because it was my own fault. 

I have not played a game in years that had a manual save XD. I always keep on playing the same games or simulators that has not manual save options. Then again for CSGO and MSFS2020 you do not need it 😛 

manual save for me when something that I spent so much and it needs to be forced. 

9 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

This is the very reason why saving is so natural to me today because I lost a huge progress on playing GT 6 and I felt like breaking my controller. I had to keep my cool because it was my own fault. 

I can't forget easily what happened with me when I lost over 1000 hours of play on my Football Manager game file. I factory reset my PC without saving and the rest was history. 

Most modern games don't even allow manual saving, but those that do, I always save before  ending a game session. And when I'm in a really good position, like after completing a mission and I refilled my ammo, health and tools.

i'm kind of paranoid about loosing progress so in games that have multiple save slots I always save on a new one and never overwrite the last save.

14 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I can't forget easily what happened with me when I lost over 1000 hours of play on my Football Manager game file. I factory reset my PC without saving and the rest was history. 

Damn!! Saving life. It's one thing with old games where you have to save manually, if you forgot to do so and shit happens, you will lose all life's work on the game. 1000 hours of play is huge. 

I save anytime I feel like I might get distracted and miss out some valuable progress if I loose that level or that particular match. So I just save my current progress and continue with the game play.

When the part is just so epic I have to save and keep the memory on my console to reply next time. Or I save the progress of the game, because I don't want to repeat the chapter or mission anymore in case I accidentally or coincidentally log out of my gaming system. 

14 hours ago, Clasher said:

I save anytime I feel like I might get distracted and miss out some valuable progress if I loose that level or that particular match. So I just save my current progress and continue with the game play.

I'm a compulsive saver - I save everytime my character takes a step XD