Register Now
StaceyPowers

Cut corners games don’t think you will notice

What is an example of a time a video game developer cut corners and thought you wouldn’t notice?

For instance, in BioShock games, I noticed they reuse the city skylines of Rapture and Columbia, i.e. if you look out of the window to your left, and then the window to your right, you will see repetition in the scenery. I don’t understand how they could not think the gamer would discover this.

They cut corners and if you pay attention when you play you can see how much they cut. It really just feels like a "street racer" version of Forza Horizon. Except copied, pasted, and extremely watered down for "satisfaction" reasons

On 5/29/2022 at 4:02 PM, Aniekwe said:

Everything in the latest version of FIFA games. They don't even care that gamers are well aware of their level of repetition. 

Haha, I think soccer is a simple and straight forward sport, there isn't much FIFA could add other than what is already existing in the real world of soccer. The graphics of FIFA 22 looks really cool in my opinion I think that's where the game developers pay more attention on.

On 5/30/2022 at 8:00 PM, Clasher said:

Haha, I think soccer is a simple and straight forward sport, there isn't much FIFA could add other than what is already existing in the real world of soccer. The graphics of FIFA 22 looks really cool in my opinion I think that's where the game developers pay more attention on.

They are so predictable that they even copied the same bugs and glitches from the previous release to the new ones and you tell me that they are not being unreasonable with how did make the game. 

14 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

They are so predictable that they even copied the same bugs and glitches from the previous release to the new ones and you tell me that they are not being unreasonable with how did make the game. 

I don't think Playstation actually copied exact what was on FIFA 21 to FIFA 22 there was some noticeable changes as well. But I'm sure about esports or the other developers of soccer games. And besides I play more of PlayStation soccer games than that of any other consoles.

On 5/29/2022 at 4:02 PM, Aniekwe said:

Everything in the latest version of FIFA games. They don't even care that gamers are well aware of their level of repetition. 

At least, they are bringing FIFA to an end after their next FIFA 23 release. If it's possible for them to cut off the release of FIFA 23, I would be more happy. 

19 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

At least, they are bringing FIFA to an end after their next FIFA 23 release. If it's possible for them to cut off the release of FIFA 23, I would be more happy. 

Fans can be so demanding 😂. They are already at the end of the line with their last release and you even want the last release not to be released. Please be merciful 😂