Register Now
Crazycrab

Sony announces more TV shows from PlayStation IP's. Including Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War.

On the wake of The Last of Us HBO series recently wrapping up filming and predicted to release in 2023.  It has been revealed from Sony President Jim Ryan that several other series based on PlayStation games are in the works for several different TV/Streaming platforms.

https://www.gamesradar.com/horizon-zero-dawn-tv-show-heading-to-netflix-while-god-of-war-goes-to-amazon/

What has been revealed so far is that a series based on Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to Netflix and another based on God of War will be arriving on Amazon.  They also confirmed a Gran Turismo series but it's platform has not been confirmed.

So what are your thoughts? Are you looking forward to these?  Do you think that Sony are doing the right thing by using multiple streaming platforms?  Who would be your ideal cast?  Share down below.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I would be interested to see the God Of War show, but that's only to see if they got anything right. Typically with the ancient Gods, people make up their own stories about Them, and ignore the facts.

I would also like to see a movie made on God of war. Some few companies teased about it in the past but I don't know why non of them actually brought it to reality. Horizon Zero Dawn is a really good game and i'm most certainly anticipating a movie series made about it.

We just got some interesting information about the Horizon Netflix Series.  It actually going to be set in 2047 hence it's title, Horizon 2047.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/news/horizon-zero-dawn-netflix-tv-series-report/

This is interesting because not only does it mean that it's it set about 1000 years before the events of Horizon Zero Dawn, but looking at the timeline, It's about 17 years before the Faro Plague, Operation Enduring Victory and the Zero Dawn Project.

2047 is just before Elisabet Sobeck leaves Faro Automated Systems after their switch from Green Robotics to Military Systems, so my guess is the show's focus is starting from there then moving through to the events of Faro Plague?  There doesn't seem to be much happening at the point that's directly relevant to the events of the games.

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

We just got some interesting information about the Horizon Netflix Series.  It actually going to be set in 2047 hence it's title, Horizon 2047.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/news/horizon-zero-dawn-netflix-tv-series-report/

This is interesting because not only does it mean that it's it set about 1000 years before the events of Horizon Zero Dawn, but looking at the timeline, It's about 17 years before the Faro Plague, Operation Enduring Victory and the Zero Dawn Project.

2047 is just before Elisabet Sobeck leaves Faro Automated Systems after their switch from Green Robotics to Military Systems, so my guess is the show's focus is starting from there then moving through to the events of Faro Plague?  There doesn't seem to be much happening at the point that's directly relevant to the events of the games.

This is sounds very interesting, in Horizon Zero Dawn the only way to get details as to what happenend in detail is by reading the digital notes and audios found around the world, and of course by following the main story as well but I always wanted to see a cutscene or something about the Faro Plague. 

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

This is a bold move. I'd be lying if I said I was optimistic about this though because it does feel like they're stepping quite a long way from the game itself. Maybe they feel this time in the Horizon cannon is more worth exploring, but I can't help but feel that they want to set the TV show here because it would be easier and/or less expensive to film.

I was fooled into thinking God of War (2018) was one of the "must play's" of its system, coming to the conclusion that if I knew what I did about the game I'd happily watch it in the form of a TV series, movie, or I'd give it a read in a graphic novel now I'm reading more of those. Good on Sony for using their intellectual properties for a medium that I think works hugely better for the stories they want to tell.

It can't be any worse than Paramount's Halo... can it?

On 6/12/2022 at 1:35 AM, Withywarlock said:

I was fooled into thinking God of War (2018) was one of the "must play's" of its system, coming to the conclusion that if I knew what I did about the game I'd happily watch it in the form of a TV series, movie, or I'd give it a read in a graphic novel now I'm reading more of those. Good on Sony for using their intellectual properties for a medium that I think works hugely better for the stories they want to tell.

It can't be any worse than Paramount's Halo... can it?

I have heard of the new Halo series but haven't checked it out as yet. Is it really that bad?

7 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I have heard of the new Halo series but haven't checked it out as yet. Is it really that bad?

I've not seen much of it, but what I have seen is that it's unfaithful to its source material (OK, it's in the "silver timeline," an alternative prequel to the games), Master Chief's personality is far different (especially with taking his helm off; this is very much like how Sylvester Stallone got Judge Dredd wrong - Dredd's supposed to be hideous), and he also assaults a prisoner of war who cannot give consent, 343 Industries' Kiki Wolfkill justifying this as making him 'human', as if they're George R.R. Martin sans flat cap.

It doesn't appear to be very well written from an action/drama point of view and its CG is noticeably bad. I hope the moments I've seen are clips taken out of context to make them look bad by salty Halo fans, but given this series was announced in 2013 (this is not to be confused with Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn) it's no wonder it's been chopped and changed as much as it has.

I really don't understand what made it so difficult to make. They have the games, novels, and the mistakes of the previous shows to build off the back of. Here's hoping Sony's efforts don't meet the same fate.

2 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I've not seen much of it, but what I have seen is that it's unfaithful to its source material (OK, it's in the "silver timeline," an alternative prequel to the games), Master Chief's personality is far different (especially with taking his helm off; this is very much like how Sylvester Stallone got Judge Dredd wrong - Dredd's supposed to be hideous), and he also assaults a prisoner of war who cannot give consent, 343 Industries' Kiki Wolfkill justifying this as making him 'human', as if they're George R.R. Martin sans flat cap.

It doesn't appear to be very well written from an action/drama point of view and its CG is noticeably bad. I hope the moments I've seen are clips taken out of context to make them look bad by salty Halo fans, but given this series was announced in 2013 (this is not to be confused with Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn) it's no wonder it's been chopped and changed as much as it has.

I really don't understand what made it so difficult to make. They have the games, novels, and the mistakes of the previous shows to build off the back of. Here's hoping Sony's efforts don't meet the same fate.

I was cautiously optimistic about this show but maybe I need to curb that optimism. We'll just have to wait for the full release to know if it can be redeemed at all. I agree that they have all the source material at their disposal and should put more effort into the series. Just look at Netflix and Castlevania.

I just saw another article about the Horizon Netflix Series, and I'm now VERY confused...

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/06/horizon-netflix-show-will-be-called-horizon-2074-crew-includes-talent-from-the-boys-the-expanse

The article mentions that there are pulling production talent from The Boys and The Expanse which is all well and good.  However, if you know anything about the lore of Horizon there's an obvious problem the the writers of this article didn't notice.  It's to do with the title which is now apparently Horizon 2074.  I was kinda scratching my head when they announced it was Horizon 2047, 17 years before the FARO Plague, but this makes even less sense!  This is about 10 years post extinction and the only surviving humans are the Zenith's or are (presumably) in bunkers like Elysium and Ted Faro's Thebes.

The article even mentions that there will be two timelines.  One during the period just before humanity fell and the other during the same timeline as the games. If that was their plan all along then they have announced two titles with a year stamp and there are both wrong!  I'm getting pretty worried about this now because these writers don't seem to have a clue.

19 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I just saw another article about the Horizon Netflix Series, and I'm now VERY confused...

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/06/horizon-netflix-show-will-be-called-horizon-2074-crew-includes-talent-from-the-boys-the-expanse

The article mentions that there are pulling production talent from The Boys and The Expanse which is all well and good.  However, if you know anything about the lore of Horizon there's an obvious problem the the writers of this article didn't notice.  It's to do with the title which is now apparently Horizon 2074.  I was kinda scratching my head when they announced it was Horizon 2047, 17 years before the FARO Plague, but this makes even less sense!  This is about 10 years post extinction and the only surviving humans are the Zenith's or are (presumably) in bunkers like Elysium and Ted Faro's Thebes.

The article even mentions that there will be two timelines.  One during the period just before humanity fell and the other during the same timeline as the games. If that was their plan all along then they have announced two titles with a year stamp and there are both wrong!  I'm getting pretty worried about this now because these writers don't seem to have a clue.

Seems like they'll just take bits and pieces of the game lore and freestyle the rest of it which could in turn. hurt the show's rating especially among hardcore fans.