Register Now
Crazycrab

Sony announces more TV shows from PlayStation IP's. Including Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War.

I like that sony is attempting to produce movies based on their hit games. I think they want to replicate the success Microsoft had with Halo. Well, was that halo show a success? I have no clue. 

But it's a good move either way. It gives fans something to hold them over for the next games, and also may expand these worlds rich histories. 

What is this trend where a game becomes successful, and it has to be a TV show all of a sudden. Gameplay stories do not transition well to tv series without significantly risking changes made by the higher ups and writers, either out of necessity due to lack of material for 8-12 episodes or because directors/writers haven't (or didnt feel the need to) played the games to get the core basis for world building and character developement.

tldr: 90% chance these shows suck. I want to be wrong, but I wouldn't count on it.

I know there is a good new market to use games for a tv series, but doesn't Amazon and Netflix stream games? Is there a bigger conflict of interest or even a new monopoly brewing between tv entertainment and gaming? It's always cool at first, to entice you and get you excited. Then they monopolize it. All in one source all your entertainment needs. One small monthly charge of $300 and you can have it all! Welcome to Sony-Flix. Or for $295 you get Amazon-X. 

7 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I know there is a good new market to use games for a tv series, but doesn't Amazon and Netflix stream games? Is there a bigger conflict of interest or even a new monopoly brewing between tv entertainment and gaming?

I don't see how Amazon and Netflix offering game streaming as part of their service whilst producing shows based on third party IP's constitutes a conflict of interest or a monopoly.  You could also make those about a supermarket that Starbucks in it while also selling their own brand coffee.   If anything it's the opposite to monopoly and conflict of interest since it gives consumers more choice.

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

I don't see how Amazon and Netflix offering game streaming as part of their service whilst producing shows based on third party IP's constitutes a conflict of interest or a monopoly.  You could also make those about a supermarket that Starbucks in it while also selling their own brand coffee.   If anything it's the opposite to monopoly and conflict of interest since it gives consumers more choice.

Yeah, keep saying more choice all you want when there is Netflix/Amazon and Microsoft/Sony. So much pro choice there. 

15 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Yeah, keep saying more choice all you want when there is Netflix/Amazon and Microsoft/Sony. So much pro choice there. 

In terms of TV and Streaming services there's Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus, Twitch, Peacock, Google/YouTube, Local Commercial TV, License Paid TV, Cable/Satalite TV, Catch Up TV, Premium Sports, WWE Network, Box Office, News Streams and more.

In terms of gaming there's PlayStation, XBox, Nintendo, Android, Apple, Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Steam, GOG, Green Man Gaming, Origin, Uplay, Epic Games, Battlenet, PS+ (PSNow), Gamepass, Amazon, Netflix, Facebook... 

Yeah, so clearly no choices at all.  Now the more obvious part of your nonsense has been blown out of the water let's continue.

I'm getting sick of this, not every fucking business deal is a fucking monopolistic conspiracy.  The reason you keep seeing that way is because that what you want to true.  Your a sensationalist with this obsession with making a drama a company does anything, no matter how large or small a splash in the ocean it is.  I'm no fan of capitalism and I've certainly called it for it's shady bullshit multiple times.  The difference is I pick my battles, rather that shooting at the first sign of somebody sneezing.

So lets just get this streight.  By licensing some of their intellectual properties to different publishers for TV serials.  SONY IS DOING THE COMPLETE FUCKING OPPOSITE TO MONOPOLISING!  The very idea of monopoly is to create an environment where none of your rivals can't compete.  If Sony were monopolising they would only license out their IP's to one company, most likely themselves.

This is a rare example of dealing fairly by selling their licence's while still allowing business rivals to complete.  An example of a monopoly would be with EA Sports who (at least did) have exclusive licence deals with sports bodies like the NFL and FIFA so that they little to no competition.  Am I getting through to you!

While plenty of others around don't seems to mind topic's they started going of the rails, I would rather have it locked.  So this is the last I wanna see this mentioned here.  There's already a thread about monopolies that YOU started @Reality vs Adventure so can rant about this nonsense there.  Here I expect you to post something on topic or at the very least factual, if you can't, don't.

33 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

In terms of TV and Streaming services there's Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus, Twitch, Peacock, Google/YouTube, Local Commercial TV, License Paid TV, Cable/Satalite TV, Catch Up TV, Premium Sports, WWE Network, Box Office, News Streams and more.

In terms of gaming there's PlayStation, XBox, Nintendo, Android, Apple, Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Steam, GOG, Green Man Gaming, Origin, Uplay, Epic Games, Battlenet, PS+ (PSNow), Gamepass, Amazon, Netflix, Facebook... 

Yeah, so clearly no choices at all.  Now the more obvious part of your nonsense has been blown out of the water let's continue.

I'm getting sick of this, not every fucking business deal is a fucking monopolistic conspiracy.  The reason you keep seeing that way is because that what you want to true.  Your a sensationalist with this obsession with making a drama a company does anything, no matter how large or small a splash in the ocean it is.  I'm no fan of capitalism and I've certainly called it for it's shady bullshit multiple times.  The difference is I pick my battles, rather that shooting at the first sign of somebody sneezing.

So lets just get this streight.  By licensing some of their intellectual properties to different publishers for TV serials.  SONY IS DOING THE COMPLETE FUCKING OPPOSITE TO MONOPOLISING!  The very idea of monopoly is to create an environment where none of your rivals can't compete.  If Sony were monopolising they would only license out their IP's to one company, most likely themselves.

This is a rare example of dealing fairly by selling their licence's while still allowing business rivals to complete.  An example of a monopoly would be with EA Sports who (at least did) have exclusive licence deals with sports bodies like the NFL and FIFA so that they little to no competition.  Am I getting through to you!

While plenty of others around don't seems to mind topic's they started going of the rails, I would rather have it locked.  So this is the last I wanna see this mentioned here.  There's already a thread about monopolies that YOU started @Reality vs Adventure so can rant about this nonsense there.  Here I expect you to post something on topic or at the very least factual, if you can't, don't.

There’s no need to go on a bandwagon of personal attacks. At this point at VGR I no longer have respect for you so I’ll leave it at that. I expressed a concern and you went on an attack. And you always go on about NFT’s but nobody attacks you for your concerns. So let’s not deal with each other anymore. Matter of fact, I’m gonna block you and I’ve never done that before. So that’s that. 

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

There’s no need to go on a bandwagon of personal attacks. At this point at VGR I no longer have respect for you so I’ll leave it at that. I expressed a concern and you went on an attack. And you always go on about NFT’s but nobody attacks you for your concerns. So let’s not deal with each other anymore. Matter of fact, I’m gonna block you and I’ve never done that before. So that’s that. 

Nope, I addressed your concern with no aggression at all:

18 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Then you choose to respond with a pompous and dismissive statement that's not only completely false, but exposed your true motive which was an attempt to turn this into some kind of debate about monopolies and capitalism and derail my topic.

17 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

So yeah, I was pissed and the only thing I'm sorry about that I nearly got in sucked myself.

Edited by Crazycrab

On 6/9/2022 at 11:56 AM, Crazycrab said:

We just got some interesting information about the Horizon Netflix Series.  It actually going to be set in 2047 hence it's title, Horizon 2047.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/news/horizon-zero-dawn-netflix-tv-series-report/

This is interesting because not only does it mean that it's it set about 1000 years before the events of Horizon Zero Dawn, but looking at the timeline, It's about 17 years before the Faro Plague, Operation Enduring Victory and the Zero Dawn Project.

2047 is just before Elisabet Sobeck leaves Faro Automated Systems after their switch from Green Robotics to Military Systems, so my guess is the show's focus is starting from there then moving through to the events of Faro Plague?  There doesn't seem to be much happening at the point that's directly relevant to the events of the games.

It's an interesting development , despite how ambitious this sounds I think it could turn out really fine, it got a really catchy name and horizon zero Dawn was a blockbuster game.

Let's see what they could make out of this.

Playstation just want to revolutionize their Horizon Zero dawn series, bringing it into a TV series under Netflix is noteworthy. But I didnt see the section which mentioned that, the TV series will be launched by 2047, that's just a name for one of the zero dawn series, and another is even tagged '2074. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Playstation just want to revolutionize their Horizon Zero dawn series, bringing it into a TV series under Netflix is noteworthy. But I didnt see the section which mentioned that, the TV series will be launched by 2047, that's just a name for one of the zero dawn series, and another is even tagged '2074. 

They made two announcements with 2 separate titles, neither of which seemed to fit in with the timeline of Horizon (I posted the details earlier).  From what I understand it's not two separate shows but I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

They made two announcements with 2 separate titles, neither of which seemed to fit in with the timeline of Horizon (I posted the details earlier).  From what I understand it's not two separate shows but I could be wrong.

Yeah, not two separate shows, it will be hosted on a particular TV show. I didn't see the date in which the Horizon Zero Dawn Netflix TV show will get underway. It is just an announcement without any fixed date, I believe in the coming days/weeks, play station will update us.