Register Now
The Blackangel

Hotmail or Gmail? Which one do you prefer?

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

It's some kind of bug that happens like once or twice a year or every other year. I've had my hotmail account for about 15 years and I've only ever experienced it like 3 times and on two other occasions, Microsoft sent out an email stating the issue was occuring and they'll try to fix it immediately.

Provided they inform users on time about an incoming Issue, then I wouldn't put too much sticks around the owners of Hotmail. Microsoft is a big company and they're handling that email brand perfectly ever since it came into limelight. 

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

Hotmail isn't as popular as Gmail this days.

Very true. Most people have either switched to Gmail, or simply started out with that one. But those of us who are older signed up for Hotmail because it was the biggest free email service at the time. After years of using it, we just decided to stick with what we knew. As for linking with a mobile device, my email is linked right up with my iPhone problem free. I do have a Gmail app but that's just because Gmail is what's linked to my YouTube channels.

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Very true. Most people have either switched to Gmail, or simply started out with that one. But those of us who are older signed up for Hotmail because it was the biggest free email service at the time. After years of using it, we just decided to stick with what we knew. As for linking with a mobile device, my email is linked right up with my iPhone problem free. I do have a Gmail app but that's just because Gmail is what's linked to my YouTube channels.

I think  Gmail app Comes with every Android device though I can't say same for IOS devices, I have been using Gmail for as long as I can remember, though I Started with Yahoo mail and it just slowly went out of fashion.

I still see Hotmail users pop up here and there in my email inbox and I think people still fancy it either ways.

As long as it enables me to save passwords, send mails and do other emailing tasks I am okay with it.

1 hour ago, Grungie said:

I don’t use the Gmail app on my iPhone, I just use the default email app.

I have my Hotmail linked up with the default email app. Since I never use Gmail except for rare occasions, it wouldn't have made any sense for me to link it to my default app.

On 8/8/2022 at 1:34 PM, The Blackangel said:

Gmail doesn't come with an iPhone. You have to go to the app store and download it. But if you use Gmail for any reason, it's worth downloading. But my primary email is still Hotmail.

I don't think there is any Google owned app that Comes with the iPhone.

iPhone like to remain exclusive and you just have to purchase apps or download them from the app store.

Android phones are infused with Google so you have almost everything already installed from Google maps , Google music , google mail, Google chrome and the likes.

Edited by Clasher

2 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I don't think there is any Google owned app that Comes with the iPhone.

iPhone like to remain exclusive and you just have to purchase apps or download them from the app store.

Android phones are infused with Google so you have almost everything already installed from Google maps , Google music , google mail, Google chrome and the likes.

It doesn't come with it, but it's free to download. You can also just sync your gmail account to their mail app as well.

Google owns 💯 rights on android phones, that's why their apps all everywhere in any android phone. Creating a Gmail account is so easy with Android phone Google made it so easy. I tried connecting with other mail services on my Android but I can't do it at the moment. 

On 8/21/2022 at 12:02 AM, Grungie said:

It doesn't come with it, but it's free to download. You can also just sync your gmail account to their mail app as well.

Okay, I haven't used any apple devices though I am more into Samsung and only recently got an oppo device.

I am very much aware you could sync all your email accounts on one device , you could have Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo mail and the likes on one device.

I have both, too. Hotmail from many, many years back but I've kept it. I have certain friends still connected to it. Gmail is good too. I have a few Gmail accounts that go with separate categories, (mostly work stuff) and then I have a couple accounts for more current friends and Twitter sign-up.

On 8/27/2022 at 10:27 PM, melanie_marie27 said:

I have both, too. Hotmail from many, many years back but I've kept it. I have certain friends still connected to it. Gmail is good too. I have a few Gmail accounts that go with separate categories, (mostly work stuff) and then I have a couple accounts for more current friends and Twitter sign-up.

I have two of each - one for business and one for more personal stuff.

I'm very much comfortable with making use of Gmail. It's what I have been making use of for as long as I can remember. I have used Yahoo mail too but I have just one account on it. Gmail is definitely better for me and I love the new inclusion of its Google Meet in the Gmail app.