Register Now
Justin11

Are you loving the 5 substitution chances in world football?

Initially it was set to 5 subs during 90 minutes of football due to the extended break caused by Covid 19.  So, the world football governing body (FIFA) decided to extend the substitute numbers to 5 instead of it's original 3, to reduce tiredness and casual injuries mid way through the season. 

Debates have emerged to scrap the 5 substitution and back to 3, as it were. Do you think such decision should take place and take back number of substitution in football back to 3 or leave it at five? 

The five substitutes have given other fringe players chance to show to their managers they can do better when the opportunity presents itself. Now, they got some time to play unlike before, it wasn't possible for managers to utilize five subs in 90 mins match. Now, chances are given to more players, which is a boost for the teams at present and one good change to help reduce injury woes. 

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

The five substitutes have given other fringe players chance to show to their managers they can do better when the opportunity presents itself. Now, they got some time to play unlike before, it wasn't possible for managers to utilize five subs in 90 mins match. Now, chances are given to more players, which is a boost for the teams at present and one good change to help reduce injury woes. 

It also allows a manager to drastically change tactics when things are not going their way in a match and it'll be the teams with the best quality on the bench that'll benefit from this substitution rule change.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

It also allows a manager to drastically change tactics when things are not going their way in a match and it'll be the teams with the best quality on the bench that'll benefit from this substitution rule change.

And at same time slows the rhythm of the game due to plenty substitutes entering into the match. But the positive aspect of it, it's better than negative mate. 

1 hour ago, Head_Hunter said:

And at same time slows the rhythm of the game due to plenty substitutes entering into the match. But the positive aspect of it, it's better than negative mate. 

Point well taken - I think the top English Clubs stand to benefit a lot more from this as they play in most competitive league in the world and so it allows them to rest and rotate players so that they can perform better in the UCL.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Point well taken - I think the top English Clubs stand to benefit a lot more from this as they play in most competitive league in the world and so it allows them to rest and rotate players so that they can perform better in the UCL.

That's great point you made. Before, it wasn't easy for them during UCL matches. Whenever they want to be their best, injuries is always a hindrance taking them down from achieving their goals, due to their star players sustaining injury caused by jam-packed fixtures without proper rest. With the higher number of substitutes, the manager can rotate the team and bring in more fresh legs when the game needs changes, rest food players too, maybe bring them second half when the game needs some magical moments to scrap any of them  through. 

The most important things for the recently added 5 substitutions is that, players have time to rest, and avoid over playing time. With the 5 subs, you can take your star players off, give them much needed rest, give more players chances to show their talent especially the fringe ones. 

Personally,I feel the 5 subs would give managers more room to utilize their players and get the best results out of the match.

The teams players doesn't suffer fatigue for playing all the 90 mins and can actually have other players from the squad come and make their own impact in the game.

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

Personally,I feel the 5 subs would give managers more room to utilize their players and get the best results out of the match.

The teams players doesn't suffer fatigue for playing all the 90 mins and can actually have other players from the squad come and make their own impact in the game.

The teams that stand to benefit the most are those with quality in depth such as Man City. I mean, their backup team could still compete for the Premier League title, that's how good a squad they have right now and it's only getting better and I'm not even a Man City fan.

The teams that stand to benefit the most are those with quality in depth such as Man City. I mean, their backup team could still compete for the Premier League title, that's how good a squad they have right now and it's only getting better and I'm not even a Man City fan.

Lol, for real mate they got a really good line up it's even hard to spot out one player that wouldn't still dazzle if put in a match, I am a low-key fan of man city though.

20 hours ago, Clasher said:

Lol, for real mate they got a really good line up it's even hard to spot out one player that wouldn't still dazzle if put in a match, I am a low-key fan of man city though.

I love their style of football although it does tend to be very oppressive to opposition teams. I mean they have 80+% possession every match - it's not even much of a match at that point. It's more of a one-sided slaughter 🤣

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I love their style of football although it does tend to be very oppressive to opposition teams. I mean they have 80+% possession every match - it's not even much of a match at that point. It's more of a one-sided slaughter 🤣

Their performance in the UCL title last season was explosive what that did to sporting cp in the first leg and real Madrid also even though real Madrid was able to beat them off the title their performance is still worth commending.

On 7/15/2022 at 4:55 PM, Clasher said:

Their performance in the UCL title last season was explosive what that did to sporting cp in the first leg and real Madrid also even though real Madrid was able to beat them off the title their performance is still worth commending.

Real Madrid is just a different animal especially in the UCL - you can never quite count them out. It's the reason why they've won it 14 times and are the true kings of European football.

Real Madrid is just a different animal especially in the UCL - you can never quite count them out. It's the reason why they've won it 14 times and are the true kings of European football.

Real Madrid always have a way of making a beautiful comeback even when they are handicapped by some goals ahead in the UCL but they still manage to win the title for themselves.

At this point it is safe to say that the UCL belongs to real Madrid.