Register Now
Justin11

When did you start your Fortnite journey?

Just now, Justin11 said:

But at times it's reckless, spending money when you know you can get it free. I wouldn't spend much on Fortnite, since I can earn points/credits in-game by completing quests in the game. 

I know a lot has already been discussed concerning this issue on several threads here in vgr and it all boils down to your personal choices. If you call a game free to play then it should be 100% so, I don't know why we should still spend ridiculous amount of money on such games.

48 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I know a lot has already been discussed concerning this issue on several threads here in vgr and it all boils down to your personal choices. If you call a game free to play then it should be 100% so, I don't know why we should still spend ridiculous amount of money on such games.

Yeah, it's been discussed severally here. As for those who keeps on investing ridiculously around Fortnite, that's their choice but I'll simply say, the choice isn't normal. Because, it is just like throwing away money when it should be utilized in solving other gaming needs. 

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

I'm yet to start my new journey in the new chapter 3, season 2 of Fortnite but it's not going to be very long. Once I sort out a few personal things that needs my urgent, I will join the battle. 

With the death of your grandmother that just happened which you informed us, I'm sure that your life generally would be affected including your gaming activities. Even your plan on starting out this season on Fortnite might be delayed I suppose. 

On 6/19/2022 at 7:25 PM, Aniekwe said:

Yes, they are optional for any gamer to choose to buy into or decline. But the reality is that most people playing the game are buying into it because it's clear why they are making millions of dollars every year from the game. 

Yes, you're never forced to spend money on any of their microtransactions. It's your decision to do so or not. Although, the way they have it designed to lure gamers into doing it can be very tricky. They have perfected the art of persuasion with their microtransactions. 

The conversation has moved too far away from what it was supposed to be about. Nobody's talking about "When they started their Fortnite journey" and are instead discussing microtransactions. This is one of these kinds of topics where you can only really answer the opening post once (if at all), then after there is little reason to post again other than in reply to somebody else's story, and I can't see a reason why that conversation would get very far either. The only thing that can be done to keep this thread going is to bring things into the conversation that don't belong, and that is exactly what has happened here.

This was reported to the moderators by another member, and on the back of that report and for the reasons explained above, this thread will now be locked.

Edited by Shagger