Register Now
Justin11

How much have you spent so far playing Fortnite?

Fortnite is a pay to win game, for a player to progress far in the game, powerful weapons/items needs to be purchased to equip the character well for each chapter/episode of the game. We have over 1,292 skins in Fortnite, and nine different categories of items, ranging from 'Rifles, Cozy Campfire, medkit, bandages, Shield portion etc. All cost money to use them, some are cost free, but not many powerful items are available for free. 

How much have you spent so far in Fortnite, getting all the items you use constantly in the game? 

48 minutes ago, Empire said:

I have not played fortnite before, that also means that I have a record of zero hours of play time. I'm so good that I have extra space on my hard drives for games that I really want. 

Lol, since you have that extra space for games, it will be cool as well if you add Fortnite. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Fortnite is a pay to win game, for a player to progress far in the game, powerful weapons/items needs to be purchased to equip the character well for each chapter/episode of the game. We have over 1,292 skins in Fortnite, and nine different categories of items, ranging from 'Rifles, Cozy Campfire, medkit, bandages, Shield portion etc. All cost money to use them, some are cost free, but not many powerful items are available for free. 

How much have you spent so far in Fortnite, getting all the items you use constantly in the game? 

I already ranted about this with you but it seems that you dont care what people say. EVERYTHING THAT YOU JUST SAID IS WRONG, it is Obvius that you have never played the game in your life!

Fortnite is NOT PAY TO WIN, YOU DONT NEED TO PAY TO PROGRESS IN THE GAME, YOU DONT PAY FOR POWERFULL WEAPONS OR ITEMS, YOU DONT NEED TO PAY FOR ITEMS TO EQUIP THEM FOR EACH CHAPTER OR EPISODE!! NONE OF THE ITEMS COST MONEY TO USE THEM, YOU CAN USE ALL THE ITEMS ON THE GAME FOR FREE

The only thing that you pay for is cosmetics, either skins for your character, skins for your guns or vehicles. You had already made this statement once and I gave you the exact same response. You make a lot of claims that you play fortnite but thats a LIE, if you actually play the game you would know all these things and you wouldnt be making all these false claims.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

I already ranted about this with you but it seems that you dont care what people say. EVERYTHING THAT YOU JUST SAID IS WRONG, it is Obvius that you have never played the game in your life!

Fortnite is NOT PAY TO WIN, YOU DONT NEED TO PAY TO PROGRESS IN THE GAME, YOU DONT PAY FOR POWERFULL WEAPONS OR ITEMS, YOU DONT NEED TO PAY FOR ITEMS TO EQUIP THEM FOR EACH CHAPTER OR EPISODE!! NONE OF THE ITEMS COST MONEY TO USE THEM, YOU CAN USE ALL THE ITEMS ON THE GAME FOR FREE

The only thing that you pay for is cosmetics, either skins for your character, skins for your guns or vehicles. You had already made this statement once and I gave you the exact same response. You make a lot of claims that you play fortnite but thats a LIE, if you actually play the game you would know all these things and you wouldnt be making all these false claims.

If you've read my posts well, you wouldn't have ranted as you did just now, claiming you know it all. In Fortnite if you don't upgrade to those powerful weapons which you can use your V bucks to get, you wouldn't be challenging with other players and progressing far in the levels. If you read my post well, you'll understand that i said, other items are free to get, and their are others that cost money. When you use money to purchase items in a game to make you progress far in the game, automatically for me, the game is a pay to win game. We complain about other games bringing in micro-transactions to video games, if they aren't about upgrades, we wouldn't be lamenting about the games. So, I've drawn my conclusion already, if you don't care, you can stop replying to my post okay. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

If you've read my posts well, you wouldn't have ranted as you did just now, claiming you know it all. In Fortnite if you don't upgrade to those powerful weapons which you can use your V bucks to get, you wouldn't be challenging with other players and progressing far in the levels. If you read my post well, you'll understand that i said, other items are free to get, and their are others that cost money. When you use money to purchase items in a game to make you progress far in the game, automatically for me, the game is a pay to win game. We complain about other games bringing in micro-transactions to video games, if they aren't about upgrades, we wouldn't be lamenting about the games. So, I've drawn my conclusion already, if you don't care, you can stop replying to my post okay. 

WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GETTING THAT INFORMATION FROM????!! Show me a proof where the hell does it say you need vbucks to upgrade weapons.

You dont use VBUCKS to upgrade weapons, you use GOLD, and gold is found anywhere for free on the map, and the upgrade only lasts for a single match, and the upgrade is totally optional since you can might as well find a better weapon by looting.

ALL ITEMS ARE FREE TO GET, THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE INGAME BATTLE ITEM OR CONSUMABLE THAT IS NOT FREE. You dont use vbucks to get items in the game.

Again you are making a false claim, and the only reason why you are doing it is because you have NEVER PLAYED THE GAME IN YOUR LIFE, if you are going to make such a claim at least inform yourself before doing so.

21 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GETTING THAT INFORMATION FROM????!! Show me a proof where the hell does it say you need vbucks to upgrade weapons.

You dont use VBUCKS to upgrade weapons, you use GOLD, and gold is found anywhere for free on the map, and the upgrade only lasts for a single match, and the upgrade is totally optional since you can might as well find a better weapon by looting.

ALL ITEMS ARE FREE TO GET, THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE INGAME BATTLE ITEM OR CONSUMABLE THAT IS NOT FREE. You dont use vbucks to get items in the game.

Again you are making a false claim, and the only reason why you are doing it is because you have NEVER PLAYED THE GAME IN YOUR LIFE, if you are going to make such a claim at least inform yourself before doing so.

Screenshot_20220527-165851.thumb.png.319e6f7bedde952b2257736d32bf8d22.png

Who told you all items in Fortnite are free to get? What happened to the skins, emotes, outfits and some Battle pass items? I didn't say you wouldn't get some items there for free, their are hosts of items free on Fortnite, but not all are free.

Fortnite is stated not to be a pay to win game, but yet some users spend close to $2,000 in order to design their character to be exceptional. You can decide not to go for the paid items, it is optional, but you wouldn't get them all for free. Since I'm paying real money for this items, I considered it as a way to drive money from players, and that's an act of pay to win game @kingpotato.

11 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

6 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Who told you all items in Fortnite are free to get? What happened to the skins, emotes, outfits and some Battle pass items? I didn't say you wouldn't get some items there for free, their are hosts of items free on Fortnite, but not all are free.

Fortnite is stated not to be a pay to win game, but yet some users spend close to $2,000 in order to design their character to be exceptional. You can decide not to go for the paid items, it is optional, but you wouldn't get them all for free. Since I'm paying real money for this items, I considered it as a way to drive money from players, and that's an act of pay to win game @kingpotato.

THOSE ARE COSMETICS!!!!! Skins, emotes, outfits and some Battle pass items, THOSE ARE ALL COSMETICS!!! You dont need cosmetics to do battlepass quests, hell you dont even need to buy the battle pasts to do the battlepass missions You dont need cosmetics to upgrade your weapons, YOU DONT NEED COSMETICS TO WIN!!!

How in the world is paying for a skin pay to win ?? Do you even understand what pay to win is ??? Buying a cosmetic item is not going to make you win.

@Justin11 and @kingpotato

First off, chill.

I don't play and have never played Fortnite, but all the research I have gathered has guided me to believe that Fortnite is NOT pay-to-win. There are skins just due to the colour palate bend into certain environments and backgrounds better than others, a few examples in this video here;

There is also some belief among players that some skins have an effect on the players hitbox and thus can possibly pose an advantage depending on the skin. However, there is is no way to boost stats, buy better weapons, upgrade equipment, buy better spawns or buy into a match after it has started or anything that deliberately and fundamentally affects gameplay that can be bought. As far as I can tell, it's all cosmetic stuff such as skins for gliders, vehicles, weapons and the player's avatar itself as well as expressive cosmetics such as emotes. Every player on Fortnite has the same stats regardless of the amount of hours they have played. 

13 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

3 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Just because a game has encouraged a large amount of spending on in-game purchases, does not make it pay-to-win. Pay-to-win is when you can spend money to gain a tactical and/or practical advantage over a player with a similar level of experience who doesn't pay. Fortnite does not do that. A more experienced and better practiced player will naturally have an advantage over a rookie like anything else, but you can't pay for any form of gameplay advantage. I started typing this out before you actually made these two replies and what I was going to ask you to do @Justin11 is explain why you consider Fortnite a pay-to-win experience. Having seen these two replies, I'm honestly sill a little unsure as to why you believe this to be the case. So, other than the debateable skins that might serve as camouflage or may affect hit boxes, is there anything else that you believe can be bought that offers an advantage? Is so, what item or items offer an advantage and in what way do they offer an advantage?

No @Justin11, it's no good just "liking" my post then moving on, I'm actually looking for an answer from you;

15 minutes ago, Shagger said:

...So, other than the debateable skins that might serve as camouflage or may affect hit boxes, is there anything else that you believe can be bought that offers an advantage? Is so, what item or items offer an advantage and in what way do they offer an advantage?

Any answer will do, don't be shy.

Just now, Shagger said:

No @Justin11, it's no good just "liking" my post then moving on, I'm actually looking for an answer from you;

Any answer will do, don't be shy.

xD, I tried getting concrete backing to your question, I couldn't find any concrete information to what you've said. Fortnite isn't a pay to win game actually, but the purchase of the cosmetics items made me think that way. Most of the items are redeemed through 'Gold Bars, which you can claim as you unlock achievements in the game. So, you can use the Gold Bars for upgrades, I was thinking one can purchase Gold Bars with real money too, but it isn't allowed, Gold Bars can be redeemed through in-game achievements. 

7 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

xD, I tried getting concrete backing to your question, I couldn't find any concrete information to what you've said. Fortnite isn't a pay to win game actually, but the purchase of the cosmetics items made me think that way. Most of the items are redeemed through 'Gold Bars, which you can claim as you unlock achievements in the game. So, you can use the Gold Bars for upgrades, I was thinking one can purchase Gold Bars with real money too, but it isn't allowed, Gold Bars can be redeemed through in-game achievements. 

So it took a mod to intervene just to make look up the information on google... I told you about the gold bars and you just wouldnt listen, and this is not the first time that we had this conversation. For gods sake dude do your research before making a post, and if you are going to make a counter claim at least inform yourself before you do. Otherwise you are just going to make a fool of yourself like you just did.

23 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Lol, since you have that extra space for games, it will be cool as well if you add Fortnite. 

Nope, I end up buying more addons for MSFS2020 - So far that single simulator is over 350GB in size 😛

I will never go and play it, I would never - Aren't my tea

On 5/27/2022 at 5:55 PM, kingpotato said:

So it took a mod to intervene just to make look up the information on google... I told you about the gold bars and you just wouldnt listen, and this is not the first time that we had this conversation. For gods sake dude do your research before making a post, and if you are going to make a counter claim at least inform yourself before you do. Otherwise you are just going to make a fool of yourself like you just did.

The guy clearly never played Fortnite and I'm sure as hell that he never researched well on the game before making the thread and kept arguing with you. I couldn't stop laughing reading his arguments with you.