Register Now
Justin11

How much have you spent so far playing Fortnite?

23 hours ago, kingpotato said:

You seriusly spent 800 dollars on a free to play game? Dude get a life

To you, him spending that on the game means he ain't got a life? 🙄

The game may have meant more to him than we all think of. 

17 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Edited by Aniekwe

On 6/4/2022 at 12:42 AM, Justin11 said:

I got the information right, Fortnite isn't a paid game, I wanted to edit the thread again remove the section which stated as 'pay to win game. I made deep researches and got what it is, and through the opinion of one of us here. If the mod @Shagger can edit that part which stated as 'pay to win game'. And change it to free to play game. 

You earn those V-bucks as an achievement playing and progressing in the game. 

@Shagger dont edit the post, leave like that, so it will be a reminder that @Justin11 doesnt care about what his posting as long as he makes a post or comment. And same goes for other users who are still doing the same despite this being the main issue on the forum. Im sick and tired of all this crap

32 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I don't know how you guys look at it, but as far as I'm concerned with respect to the kind of games I love to play, spending $800 in 4 years on a game isn't a lot. 

Its because of people like you that the gaming industry is at its worst when it comes to monetization , thats why publishers are still putting out microtransactions, because there is always someone like you who is more than wiling to throw his money away on a free to play game. Dude think about it ,800 dollars with in 4 years, thats basically 200dlls a year for cosmetics????  WTF

21 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

@Shagger  @Justin11

Its because of people like you that the gaming industry is at its worst when it comes to monetization , thats why publishers are still putting out microtransactions, because there is always someone like you who is more than wiling to throw his money away on a free to play game. Dude think about it ,800 dollars with in 4 years, thats basically 200dlls a year for cosmetics????  WTF

You are entitled to your own on opinion on this and I'm not going to argue with you on it, the same way I don't owe you any explanation on what and how I want to spend my money. 

Why everyone and everywhere is boiling hot over how another decides to spend his money is something I can't understand. It's his damn money and no matter when microtransactions developers dump on games, it's your decision to buy into them or not. Whoever does, it's his or her business. 

41 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

I have a problem with is phrase. Just because something is freemium does not mean it is crap. The most played game is freemium.

I couldn't care less if you like it or not. The concept of "freemium" is a free-to-play, but very insidious and predatorially monetised game. I call it "freemium crap" because "feemuim" is "crap". Hence, it's "freemium crap". Deal with it.

11 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I couldn't care less if you like it or not. The concept of "freemium" is a free-to-play, but very insidious and predatorially monetised game. I call it "freemium crap" because "feemuim" is "crap". Hence, it's "freemium crap". Deal with it.

Forgive my reacting with 😂 on this because you sounded so funny and at the same time pissed at free to play games. To you, there's no freemium games out there that's worth playing? 

Just now, Aniekwe said:

Forgive my reacting with 😂 on this because you sounded so funny and at the same time pissed at free to play games. To you, there's no freemium games out there that's worth playing? 

Like I said, I define freemium as some very insidious and predatorially monetised, so the short answer is no. However, that doesn't men I haven't found some decent free-to-play games. Neverwinter, Eternium, S.W.T.O.R, War Thunder, Warframe, Genshin Impact (I admit that one does have some really dodgy monetisation, but there's far worse) and Rocket League to mane a few. And not just to get this thread back on topic, I'd also give a shout out to Fortnite. I'd never play it, it's not my sort of thing, but It does seen to manage it's free-to-play model better than other games do. 

5 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Like I said, I define freemium as some very insidious and predatorially monetised, so the short answer is no. However, that doesn't men I haven't found some decent free-to-play games. Neverwinter, Eternium, S.W.T.O.R, War Thunder, Warframe, Genshin Impact (I admit that one does have some really dodgy monetisation, but there's far worse) and Rocket League to mane a few. And not just to get this thread back on topic, I'd also give a shout out to Fortnite. I'd never play it, it's not my sort of thing, but It does seen to manage it's free-to-play model better than other games do. 

Thanks for the input on this with those one's you have listed. I will look into War Thunder and Genshin Impact to see if they are something I would like to give a try. I have only played Rocket League and of course Fortnite from the one's you mentioned. 

46 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I agree wholeheartedly - Freemium is absolute crap and has always been. That being said, I haven't spent any money on Fortnite and I used to grind in order to get enough to afford the passes. There's no way I'm wasting a penny on Fortnite.

16 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I agree wholeheartedly - Freemium is absolute crap and has always been. That being said, I haven't spent any money on Fortnite and I used to grind in order to get enough to afford the passes. There's no way I'm wasting a penny on Fortnite.

I wouldn't consider Fortnite a full blown carp. The game is very interesting. I understand and accept that some gamers wouldn't be open to spending money on such games but that doesn't make it an absolute nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, Aniekwe said:

I wouldn't consider Fortnite a full blown carp. The game is very interesting. I understand and accept that some gamers wouldn't be open to spending money on such games but that doesn't make it an absolute nonsense. 

I didn't say Fortnite itself is total crap - we were referring to the Freemium model which governs games like Fortnite and others total crap because it is.

36 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Well, for the most recent chapter 3 season 3: Vibin' you have to buy the Fortnite X Marvel zero war comic to get access to the Spider-Man zero outfit which is unlocked with the digital code embedded in the limited edition comic book.

And a lot of people are buying the comic not because of a skin but they are genuine lover's of good comic books and want to experience reading this one. It's practically a thing of choice if you think spending a few bucks on the things your love or enjoy doing is crap.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I didn't say Fortnite itself is total crap - we were referring to the Freemium model which governs games like Fortnite and others total crap because it is.

I get your point now. Fortnite is good for you to have at least played enough to always afford the passes for the game but never that important for you to spend money on it no matter how small. 

17 hours ago, Shagger said:

So, you mean to say games like PUBG, Fortnite, Valorant, Roblox are craps?