Register Now
StaceyPowers

Video games where characters sing

Not many that I can think off, in fact I loved the music that you can play while doing GTA 😉 so many good songs in the older GTA series radio stations. I found the Silent Hill 2 soundtrack to not only be phenomenal as a standalone listening experience, but it also enhanced the storyline and gameplay in ways that are fairly rare now. Music is generally thematic and driven by gameplay - with SH2, the soundtrack hit on a psychological level as well.

I remembered this rather amusing scene from Gravity Rush 2. Here is a little insight on what is going on here. Our main protagonist Kat has sneaked onto an enemy base, but unfortunately gets caught. However she is not caught by the soldiers, but by the producers of a stage show production being put on for the soldiers. Then, well...

Edited by Shagger

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I was just about to post the same scene - I don't know why but this is the only one that stood out to me...

@Dannyjaxbeat you to it lol. Mine would be for the Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt with The Wolven Storm” by Priscilla the Callonetta. 

On 5/29/2022 at 3:40 PM, Aniekwe said:

A solid one was witnessed in Dragon Age Inquisition in “The Dawn Will Come” by Corinne Kempa & Greg Ellis. 

I really enjoyed this performance. I had to listen to it here twice before I felt better. 

On 5/29/2022 at 10:26 AM, Boblee said:

@Dannyjaxbeat you to it lol. Mine would be for the Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt with The Wolven Storm” by Priscilla the Callonetta. 

The performance was good enough that it's something most people wouldn't miss out on. I'm not surprised he liked it too. 

RDR2. Javier sings all the time in camp. Arthur sings a decent amount when he's out on his horse. Here's a video I recorded from the game. I'm not the best with Spanish, so I posted it in the hopes someone could eventually tell me what the hell he's singing.

Edited by The Blackangel

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

RDR2. Javier sings all the time in camp. Arthur sings a decent amount when he's out on his horse. Here's a video I recorded from the game. I'm not the best with Spanish, so I posted it in the hopes someone could eventually tell me what the hell he's singing.

This is what he's singing in English interpretation. 

XRecorder_Edited_04062022_121501.thumb.jpg.58fabecfc7cb2f2292f089dc40e37a8e.jpg

1 hour ago, Aniekwe said:

This is what he's singing in English interpretation. 

XRecorder_Edited_04062022_121501.thumb.jpg.58fabecfc7cb2f2292f089dc40e37a8e.jpg

That's a lovely song. I had to look into the song and found out it's a popular Mexican song called Cielito Lindo that was written in 1882 by Quirino Mendoza. 

I totally loved the song recorded by Javier via the video shared by 'The Black Angel. I took my time to listen the Spanish melody, thou it was hilarious by those characters who joined in the background to sing the song aloud.