Register Now
StaceyPowers

Video games where characters sing

Just now, Shagger said:

I think the point @Boblee was trying to make was to take your time and absorb the information in a post before you respond. I'm going to expand on that and recommend you also take your time as you type out your own posts to keep the typo's and grammatical errors down to a minimum as some of you posts are a little hard to read. This isn't race.

I understand,  nobody is perfect though and we are all prone to mistakes, that was an honest mistake, I would try harder to avoid typographical errors and to enable a more easy and understandable communication with other members here.

11 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

In Bioshock Infinite, I enjoy Elizabeth and Booker singing Will the Circle Be Unbroken. 

Bioshock Infinite is my favorite amongst the game's series. The 2nd release was good but Infinite gave me a better gameplay and the graphics was incredible. 

25 minutes ago, Aniekwe said:

I so much enjoyed watching Joel Sings To Ellie - Future Days in the Last of Us Part II. 

I always enjoy the melody that the guitar 🎸 makes. The kind of calmness it comes with is so natural. 

Spoilers for Valkyria Chronicles in the video beneath. Isara finally gets her wish to hear Rosie sing, which she hasn't done since her days as a barmaid. Even as I listen and type this up my heart's in my throat and I'm nearly welling up. This song is special to me in that it's in the first video game to cause me to cry.

Also, a shameless plug of my review of Skylanders: Giants, where I sing a little bit along with one of the game's bosses. It's one of my favourite intros.

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

I always enjoy the melody that the guitar 🎸 makes. The kind of calmness it comes with is so natural. 

Well those guitars from Taylor are about 2 to 3 grand, so not exactly a bad find in a post Apocalypse!  😆

50 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Well those guitars from Taylor are about 2 to 3 grand, so not exactly a bad find in a post Apocalypse!  😆

Yep, you're right about that. I think it's even what made its songs that entertaining in a time when you could barely get anything of sort. 

11 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I so much enjoyed watching Joel Sings To Ellie - Future Days in the Last of Us Part II. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

This is very touching listening to. I almost dropped tears. 

55 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

The melody sang by Joel to Ellie is so emotional. I took my time to drop by and listen to the lyrics and tune of the music, superb indeed. 

Despite how popular the clips of Joel and Ellie singing Future Days has become, I actually find that surprisingly few people have listened to the actual song. Just in case you haven't, her you go.

40 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Despite how popular the clips of Joel and Ellie singing Future Days has become, I actually find that surprisingly few people have listened to the actual song. Just in case you haven't, her you go.

The actual song make sense too, 'Pearl Jam did amazingly in the song. The voice I heard from the actual singer and the in-game own are just similar. 

10 hours ago, Shagger said:

This is so nice. I'm downloading the song. I need to listen to it more often to be familiar with the lyrics. 

Thanks for sharing 😊

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

Watching it being played live in Game Awards 2020 never gets old. 

I'm trying to compare the guitar he played with here and they one Joel used in the game. There's a little bit different but they looked almost the same. 

20 minutes ago, Boblee said:

I'm trying to compare the guitar he played with here and they one Joel used in the game. There's a little bit different but they looked almost the same. 

I don't know how hard you're looking, but they're really not similar. Like at all. The body's different finish, the fret inlets and pick guard are a different style, the body of the guitar itself is an entirely different shape and they're a different brand (Eddie's is a Gibson, while Joel's is custom Taylor that was designed especially for the game). The two guitars technically aren't even the same functionally as Eddie's is a 21 fret, whilst Joel's is a larger, 24 fret model. The only things that I can see that's similar between the two is the finish of the fretboard with that dark, mahogany look, and the chrome finish of the tuning pegs, and that's about it.

Edited by Shagger