Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you sit through video game credits?

On 5/29/2022 at 1:16 AM, killamch89 said:

Nope - Unless I can't skip it I don't usually. Sitting through credits almost feels like sitting through tutorials which is pretty boring.

I have the same thing against tutorials that are very boring. They are no fun to waste time watching. I rather sleep than doing that. 

Only for Let's Play and that's more for achival/historical purposes than anything. I particularly like pointing out when someone whose name I share pops up in the Crash Bandicoot 'Special Thanks' bit; my parents didn't believe me when I told them. Speaking of which, the Crash Bandicoot games on Game Boy Advance had a nasty habit of re-rolling the credits seamlessly, so you could be sat through them multiple times if you weren't paying attention.

If I sit through credits when I'm not filming, it's usually to see if there's a certain game director, voice actor, engine involved, or if there's an achievement for doing so. Otherwise, I don't bother.

1 hour ago, Withywarlock said:

Only for Let's Play and that's more for achival/historical purposes than anything. I particularly like pointing out when someone whose name I share pops up in the Crash Bandicoot 'Special Thanks' bit; my parents didn't believe me when I told them. Speaking of which, the Crash Bandicoot games on Game Boy Advance had a nasty habit of re-rolling the credits seamlessly, so you could be sat through them multiple times if you weren't paying attention.

If I sit through credits when I'm not filming, it's usually to see if there's a certain game director, voice actor, engine involved, or if there's an achievement for doing so. Otherwise, I don't bother.

If there's anything to pick out from it, it's worth the effort to wait for it. Looking out for anything on game director is one of the things I always anticipate for when waiting for it.