Register Now
Lens

Elden Ring is overhyped

Elden ring is a video game that is overrated and overhyped in the most overrated and overhyped way possible. If you're looking for something to play on your phone, I suggest you download one of the many other games available. Elden Ring is not worth your time or attention.

The controls are wonky, the soundtrack is mediocre at best and even then it's just an advertising jingle for a Japanese mobile game, the story has nothing to offer, and there's no gameplay (just ads).

So why is it so popular? I have no idea. It's a game that does not hold up to any professional standards and you would be better off holding your phone up to your face the second you get home from a 7/11, it just does not deserve any sort of success.

I tried playing it multiple times, but I just can't. Maybe I'm jaded, maybe I'm too smart for my own good, but this game is just not fun to play.

Edited by Shagger
spelling error

As this is a review/opinion piece about a specific game, I'm moving the topic to the video games sub-forum. It's not a "Gaming News" topic.

I would honestly expect no better from a mobile game anyway, so I can't say I'm exactly shocked by this.

Ok I'm confused, when did Elden Ring release on mobile?  Am I missing something?  OilI know it's playable on mobile through Steam Link but I don't think that counts.

I'll make my opinion clear here and say that I completely agree that Elden Ring and pretty much every other From Software title are overhyped as fuck. They all seem to be pretty much the same depressing elitist sludge and the fanbase consistently declare each one the second coming of Jesus.  But I still have to be honest @Lens, I don't know where you're coming from here.

Edited by Crazycrab

57 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Ok I'm confused, when did Elden Ring release on mobile?  Am I missing something?  OilI know it's playable on mobile through Steam Link but I don't think that counts.

I'll make my opinion clear here and say that I completely agree that Elden Ring and pretty much every other From Software title are overhyped as fuck. They all seem to be pretty much the same depressing elitist sludge and the fanbase consistently declare each one the second coming of Jesus.  But I still have to be honest @Lens, I don't know where you're coming from here.

He's talking about Eden Ring, not Elden Ring. You have accidentally brought up a pint here as I don't think the Developers of Eden Ring choose such a dangerously similar name by accident, this was likely a deliberate attemp to leach of a major games inneviable popularity.

EDIT: Now I look it up, I can't actually find Eden Ring. @Lens, can you please clarify what game you are referring to here?

Edited by Shagger

59 minutes ago, Shagger said:

He's talking about Eden Ring, not Elden Ring. You have accidentally brought up a pint here as I don't think the Developers of Eden Ring choose such a dangerously similar name by accident, this was likely a deliberate attemp to leach of a major games inneviable popularity.

EDIT: Now I look it up, I can't actually find Eden Ring. @Lens, can you please clarify what game you are referring to here?

Was about to bring up the same point that I don't see a game named Eden Ring for mobile either. Unless it's one of those cheap knock-off android games on the Google Play store that goes by several names. In any case, if he could provide a link, it'd be appreciated.

For the record @Shagger, I did notice it was spelled Eden Ring but unlike you I did due diligence and looked up "Eden ring" before I made my post and came to the conclusion that this was a typo.

The only other reference I found was a game on Google Play called Eden: World Builder Simulator.  It's looks a typical free to p̶l̶a̶y̶ wait world builder with crafting, paywalls and timers.  I guess this might be what @Lens is referring to but I don't think so.

4 hours ago, Shagger said:

I will have to edit it , it was a typographical error. My bad

On 5/29/2022 at 5:34 AM, Lens said:

I will have to edit it , it was a typographical error. My bad

You can't edit it, to much time has passed. So tell me, is the game you talking about Elden Ring, yes or no?

Edited by Shagger

In your opinion, but I don't think a lot of individuals who have actually played Elden Ring feels that way too. Elden ring is actually a success both in it's game play, graphics , sounds tracks and that's pretty much the important factors of a game that you should look out for.

16 hours ago, Clasher said:

In your opinion, but I don't think a lot of individuals who have actually played Elden Ring feels that way too. Elden ring is actually a success both in it's game play, graphics , sounds tracks and that's pretty much the important factors of a game that you should look out for.

It's an entertaining game - frustrating at times but definitely not overhyped. Even some people who don't normally like Dark Souls games love Elden Ring and that says something about it.

Edited by killamch89

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

It's an entertaining game - frustrating at times but definitely not overhyped. Even some people who don't normally like Dark Souls games love Elden Ring and that says something about it.

xD, it wasn't designed to be a smooth ride, so the developers added some bumps along the way to spice it up and peak the interest of gamers , so frustrating is actually a good word to describe a game that requires you put in your best  to pass a level.

I know what I watched from the trailer before settling for the game isn't what I saw as I started playing Elden ring. But I wouldn't go further to criticize what From software Inc did around the game, it's gameplay is somewhat entertaining. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

I have not played the game, therefore, I can't say if the game is overrated and overhyped. I have been putting this game on hold because of high price. But no matter what I read about the game, I will surely try this.