Register Now
StaceyPowers

When do you uninstall games?

On 6/13/2022 at 10:18 PM, Dannyjax said:

Yes, I used such smartphone a lot when I was still a teenager until I eventually got my first 64GB internal memory and 4GB RAM. It served me better than the former one. 

With more memory, you don't have to worry about playing any games on your smartphone and it would be hanging. It's one of the most frustrating things about playing games with smartphone that are not built for gaming. 

Just now, Jasmin said:

I used to play PUBG Mobile.However, I uninstalled it because I was playing too much.

PUBG got a lot of people hooked on the game though, my pals are always talking about it but I haven't played it myself, I don't even have any reason why.

4 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

Its a matter of personal preference. PUBG is the most played game, but I know a lot of people who never tried playing this game.

In this case I am most people. Lol

Well I play other games like fortnite but PUBG never stuck to my mind that's why I haven't thought about playing it. I might start anytime soon though since it came up here In the forum.

Just now, Jasmin said:

Apart from PUBG, what other popular games that you have never played?

Thats off topic, please stay on topic. If you want feel free to create a new thread about popular games that you have never played. Also for future reference quote the person you are asking the question to, otherwise your post will go unnoticed, Thank you.

I try to keep my installed games on a harddrive as long as possible, digital only games i never delete because you never know they might dissappear in the store and may be gone forever due to various reasons. 

One thing i don't like about the series x, you can't install series x games on an external harddrive unlike the xbox one where you could just hook up 2 2tb external or whatever amount of data you needed  and had all the space you needed to install games. I've looked into buying a 2tb ssd expansion but damn it costs almost as much as series x itself so i think i'm going to hold off on that one for now. Kinda hope they  fix it that we can install series x games on a normal external harddrive, sure you could probably move series x games to an external harddrive and move them back to the internal harddrive whenever you want to play them but that is more of a hassle then anything else.

I know it's due to keeping costs at a minimum but 1tb internal storage is just not enough for current gen consoles, especially when you factor in 100gb and up for games isen't uncommon these days.

1 hour ago, Yaramaki said:

I try to keep my installed games on a harddrive as long as possible, digital only games i never delete because you never know they might dissappear in the store and may be gone forever due to various reasons. 

One thing i don't like about the series x, you can't install series x games on an external harddrive unlike the xbox one where you could just hook up 2 2tb external or whatever amount of data you needed  and had all the space you needed to install games. I've looked into buying a 2tb ssd expansion but damn it costs almost as much as series x itself so i think i'm going to hold off on that one for now. Kinda hope they  fix it that we can install series x games on a normal external harddrive, sure you could probably move series x games to an external harddrive and move them back to the internal harddrive whenever you want to play them but that is more of a hassle then anything else.

I know it's due to keeping costs at a minimum but 1tb internal storage is just not enough for current gen consoles, especially when you factor in 100gb and up for games isen't uncommon these days.

I wasn't aware that you couldn't store games on external harddrive with the Xbox Series X. Are you sure Microsoft doesn't have their own external harddrive that you can store games because they'd only do something like that if they planned to launch their own version. 

14 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I wasn't aware that you couldn't store games on external harddrive with the Xbox Series X. Are you sure Microsoft doesn't have their own external harddrive that you can store games because they'd only do something like that if they planned to launch their own version. 

You can still play and install regulair xbox one games on an external harddrive and play them like before but with Series x games or games that have been upgraded for series x those have to be installed internal or you can always buy an official ssd expansion that you can easily plug into the back, but you know it's like 219,99$ for 1tb one on amazon, 2tb costs like 399,99$ that's a lot of money for an expansion if you ask me and for just a 100$ more you can buy another series x or a ps5 well that is if you can find them trough regulair retail sellers.

Edited by Yaramaki

3 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

You can still play and install regulair xbox one games on an external harddrive and play them like before but with Series x games or games that have been upgraded for series x those have to be installed internal or you can always buy an official ssd expansion that you can easily plug into the back, but you know it's like 219,99$ for 1tb one on amazon, 2tb costs like 399,99$ that's a lot of money for an expansion if you ask me and for just a 100$ more you can buy another series x or a ps5 well that is if you can find them trough regulair retail sellers.

I knew it! Makes a lot of sense what you said previously - typical greedy practices...

10 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

With more memory, you don't have to worry about playing any games on your smartphone and it would be hanging. It's one of the most frustrating things about playing games with smartphone that are not built for gaming. 

I remember when I had to uninstall Battle Prime on my mobile when I didn't have enough memory to download Call of Duty Mobile Season 5. 

13 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I remember when I had to uninstall Battle Prime on my mobile when I didn't have enough memory to download Call of Duty Mobile Season 5. 

That's one feeling that taste very sore because you're being forced to do it. It even hurts so much when you're not fully satisfied with the game you need to uninstall. 

4 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

That's one feeling that taste very sore because you're being forced to do it. It even hurts so much when you're not fully satisfied with the game you need to uninstall. 

The same fate still awaits my Call of Duty Mobile Season 5 should I have need to install another game that's more than 1.5GB file size. The only way around this would be getting a memory card as soon as possible. 

On 6/16/2022 at 3:21 PM, Dannyjax said:

The same fate still awaits my Call of Duty Mobile Season 5 should I have need to install another game that's more than 1.5GB file size. The only way around this would be getting a memory card as soon as possible. 

At least, there's a good solution for this problem for you and it's something that you can fix very easily by getting a good big file sized memory card. It would stop you from uninstalling games on your smartphone forcefully.