Register Now
StaceyPowers

When do you uninstall games?

13 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

At least, there's a good solution for this problem for you and it's something that you can fix very easily by getting a good big file sized memory card. It would stop you from uninstalling games on your smartphone forcefully. 

I have plans to do that this week. After a lot of consideration, I have decided to get SanDisk memory card product. All of my friends that are making use of it says it's the best. 

Once I have that, I'm sure the issue of having to uninstall games or even applications wouldn't be a problem anymore. 

No matter the type of external SD card you have or you're willing to get for yourself, they aren't safe from getting virus. You just have to careful with the source you're downloading online games, or game patches, to avoid corrupting the SD card. 

4 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I have plans to do that this week. After a lot of consideration, I have decided to get SanDisk memory card product. All of my friends that are making use of it says it's the best. 

Once I have that, I'm sure the issue of having to uninstall games or even applications wouldn't be a problem anymore. 

As long as you have the best one purchased, you will not have to worry about it serving you well. But if you got the cheap substandard one's, it may fail and you end up losing your files. 

35 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

No matter the type of external SD card you have or you're willing to get for yourself, they aren't safe from getting virus. You just have to careful with the source you're downloading online games, or game patches, to avoid corrupting the SD card. 

Having Anti Virus software solves that problem for you but you're right about getting your files from a trusted source. 

I try to avoid uninstalling games unless I'm never going to play them again, as was the case when I quit F2P games cold turkey. It just extends the life of the drive when you're not constantly uninstalling and re-installing games. I'm so serious about this that back in 2016 I modded my PS4 with a 4TB internal HDD so that I'd never be forced to uninstall games. Currently it's a little over half full.

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Virus will only affect your external drive if you try to download games maliciously or from an unverified source and we have a lot these sites loitering around on the internet. I install my video games from a verified site which is endorsed by PlayStation or Xbox. I also have a game shop where I go to get some games and they are well trusted. So non of my external drive have ever contacted a virus or become corrupted.

9 hours ago, Shagger said:

I only uninstall a game only if and when the Flying Spaghetti Monster tells me too.

2dec6067edfc248fb3cba3fc528d37e7--monster-website-anti-religion.jpg.485e965d9e5fa26f1ae2fb3fa5a5cf08.jpg

Praise Be!

It just so happens that he only commands me to do so when I'm done with a game or if I need the space, but that's just because he is wise.

Oh my goodness!! This Flying Spaghetti Monster looks like something that's going to be very yummy 😋 when prepared. I'm getting a wired feeling to go for a hot spaghetti dish after seeing this 😂

11 hours ago, Clasher said:

Virus will only affect your external drive if you try to download games maliciously or from an unverified source and we have a lot these sites loitering around on the internet. I install my video games from a verified site which is endorsed by PlayStation or Xbox. I also have a game shop where I go to get some games and they are well trusted. So non of my external drive have ever contacted a virus or become corrupted.

That's awesome, I'm always careful too when it comes to open source yo download video games. If you're a PS user, playstation.com is a tremendous option to download digital games safely. 

1 hour ago, Rainbow Road said:

I only uninstall games to make room for games that I want to play at that time.

Once you're out of memory, that's the only option that you have left. There's no work around for it at that very moment. I used to face that challenge a lot when I was playing more on mobile phone. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's awesome, I'm always careful too when it comes to open source yo download video games. If you're a PS user, playstation.com is a tremendous option to download digital games safely. 

That's good mate, have you lost any game or had to uninstall a video game due to virus on your external drive before?

I know some people might have had such an experience before.

Just now, Clasher said:

That's good mate, have you lost any game or had to uninstall a video game due to virus on your external drive before?

I know some people might have had such an experience before.

Yes, I've done that in the past. It occured around PES 13, it got corrupted without prior notice. It happened when I was playing on PS2, I got rid of the game, since it doesn't cost much to get another. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

Yes, I've done that in the past. It occured around PES 13, it got corrupted without prior notice. It happened when I was playing on PS2, I got rid of the game, since it doesn't cost much to get another. 

That could be straining as well, especially when you have been dreaming about playing that video game all day and when you finally want to play you discover that the videogame has been corrupted. 

I played pes 13 on my PS2 as well, though mine was in a good condition till I stopped playing it.

2 minutes ago, Clasher said:

That could be straining as well, especially when you have been dreaming about playing that video game all day and when you finally want to play you discover that the videogame has been corrupted. 

I played pes 13 on my PS2 as well, though mine was in a good condition till I stopped playing it.

Frustrating dear friend, because I wanted to play more of the game back then, but unfortunately it didn't work out for me the best I planned for the game. It served me for just a month, I thought it will serve me until I get tired of playing it. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

Frustrating dear friend, because I wanted to play more of the game back then, but unfortunately it didn't work out for me the best I planned for the game. It served me for just a month, I thought it will serve me until I get tired of playing it. 

Imagine if that was the only game you had on your drive at the moment, that means it could have ruined your day.

That's among the reasons why I keep a variety of games installed on both my consoles and my external drive and I don't uninstall games frequently unless I have a much better game to replace it with.