Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games that were never made that you wish would be made?

Are there any games that you know a developer talked about or worked on and then abandoned that you wish they’d finished?

I heard Ken Levine talking about one once that would have involved extracting characters from cults without their agreement that I thought would have been interesting.

If you begin to list the video games that developers dumped along the way, it could fill a book. One notable one I would have loved was Journey to the Cente of Arcanum. It was supposed to be a sequel to the computer role playing game Arcanum but the company Troika Games had financial issues which put them out of business before the game could be completed. 

Call of Cthulhu : Destiny's End would have been one great thing if Hip Interactive was able to remain in business but they went out of business in 2005. With the game set in the world inspired by H. P Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos. It would have been a classic third person survival horror game. 

I always like playing construction simulator 2015, then they came out with a Mobile version and never been the same since. I wish they just made another construction simulator just for the PC and called it 2020

On 5/29/2022 at 1:23 AM, killamch89 said:
  1. Half-Life 3

Valve teased this one after the Half-life 2 and it sounded like they were going to seriously develop it but over time, Valve prioritised other projects.

It could all be as a result of financial crisis that made them drop the game and moved to other projects especially one's they believe would pay well. 

On 5/29/2022 at 1:23 AM, killamch89 said:
  1. Half-Life 3

Valve teased this one after the Half-life 2 and it sounded like they were going to seriously develop it but over time, Valve prioritised other projects.

I don't know why valve decided not to develop the game. It would been a success in my opinion but right now there are no sequels to half life 2.

On 6/13/2022 at 2:07 PM, Heatman said:

I wished Microsoft didn't pull the plug on Fable Legends because of its lengthy development time and the amount of money pushed into it without any results. 

From the report I read about the game, they were no longer interested in the game's project because from their analysis of what's been invested in the game and it's still now complete, they may not make profit from it. 

Tabula Rasa was an interesting MMORPG which was actually developed and released in 2007 but everything went south with the game as it failed to make an impact. The game servers were shutdown in less than a year and half which even marked the end of its developer Destination Games. 

On 6/15/2022 at 9:27 AM, Aniekwe said:

From the report I read about the game, they were no longer interested in the game's project because from their analysis of what's been invested in the game and it's still now complete, they may not make profit from it. 

We both know that Microsoft isn't lacking money if that was the problem. It's part of the reason why I can't under their reason behind ending the game with the excuse of finances. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

We both know that Microsoft isn't lacking money if that was the problem. It's part of the reason why I can't under their reason behind ending the game with the excuse of finances. 

You're right and I know Microsoft had the money. It has never been a problem for them. I just think that they decide to cut there losses with the game giving how much they have spent on it and it's no where near completion. 

23 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

You're right and I know Microsoft had the money. It has never been a problem for them. I just think that they decide to cut there losses with the game giving how much they have spent on it and it's no where near completion. 

Most game companies and their games fade up because of financial problems but in the case of Microsoft here, they didn't want to go ahead with the game for business gain reasons.