Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most educational games not made to be educational games?

Obvious answer would be assasins creed since everithing historic is neatly explained in a database well in the first few games. Not really sure how many people bothered with this but in the first few games i learned quite a bit about the italian renaissance ( that i forgot mostly in the maintime )

Gran turismo always did a great job in telling car history, as far as game it's also a car encyclopedia.

Maybe a more obscure one but both Endless ocean games on the wii, while gameplay wise there isen't a whole lot to it, you can explore the depts of the sea at your own pace as it simulates fish and other sea life accuratly, once you discover a new life form you can learn more about the fish you just discovered, i'm not sure how many people even played this but from what i remember it's quite a relaxing experience.

But anyways you could pretty much list any game here that has deep choices to make and will make you think twice before you take action. Maybe not as educational as one thinks but imo some moral choices learn from them and take with you in real life.

Crusader kings 2 gave me all the knowledge that I never intended to grasp in playing video games. It's the best known war of the ancient world. The way I was fascinated by the game is unbelievable. Getting to know all about the Holy war and so much more from just games was incredible. 

16 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Obvious answer would be assasins creed since everithing historic is neatly explained in a database well in the first few games. Not really sure how many people bothered with this but in the first few games i learned quite a bit about the italian renaissance ( that i forgot mostly in the maintime )

Gran turismo always did a great job in telling car history, as far as game it's also a car encyclopedia.

Maybe a more obscure one but both Endless ocean games on the wii, while gameplay wise there isen't a whole lot to it, you can explore the depts of the sea at your own pace as it simulates fish and other sea life accuratly, once you discover a new life form you can learn more about the fish you just discovered, i'm not sure how many people even played this but from what i remember it's quite a relaxing experience.

But anyways you could pretty much list any game here that has deep choices to make and will make you think twice before you take action. Maybe not as educational as one thinks but imo some moral choices learn from them and take with you in real life.

Gran Turismo is a great one as they also give you some racing history as well with certain tracks and the records that certain cars broke on those tracks.

I would say Dr driving, its actually a mobile phone game where you perform driving drills like  spinning, steering control and other stuffs related to driving. I think this was where I first learnt to drive. Even before driving a real car I already know everything about basic and professional driving drills.

On 5/30/2022 at 7:28 PM, Clasher said:

I would say Dr driving, its actually a mobile phone game where you perform driving drills like  spinning, steering control and other stuffs related to driving. I think this was where I first learnt to drive. Even before driving a real car I already know everything about basic and professional driving drills.

Parking was my own. I started out playing the game and never knew how immense it's going to be for me in knowing how to park my car especially in tight spaces. It was very educational. 

On 5/30/2022 at 3:25 AM, killamch89 said:

Gran Turismo is a great one as they also give you some racing history as well with certain tracks and the records that certain cars broke on those tracks.

The same thing can be said about the history behind Motor GP as well when it comes to the tracks in the game and in real life. 

March of the Eagles is one game that taught me a lot history on Napoleon. He was know to be a war monger but he was the best commander in Europen history. I got to know more about his wars from the war. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

The same thing can be said about the history behind Motor GP as well when it comes to the tracks in the game and in real life. 

My brother have mastered all the tracks in the Motor GP that he knows how to manipulate it to this advantage when playing. I suck at motorcycles racing. 

13 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Parking was my own. I started out playing the game and never knew how immense it's going to be for me in knowing how to park my car especially in tight spaces. It was very educational. 

That's true, they always bring levels where you need to have high driving skills to maneuver your car into such tight spaces. To be frank the game helped to improve my driving skill in real life.

7 minutes ago, Clasher said:

That's true, they always bring levels where you need to have high driving skills to maneuver your car into such tight spaces. To be frank the game helped to improve my driving skill in real life.

To be very honest with you, I find such games to be very boring. Even though I know that sometimes it gets technical but it's not all fun always for me when I played it. 

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

To be very honest with you, I find such games to be very boring. Even though I know that sometimes it gets technical but it's not all fun always for me when I played it. 

Did you actually play Dr driving or you are stating in general for all educational games?

Because most people I know who played Dr driving actually term it as quite an intriguing game and requires you use your real life driving skills to pass different levels.