Register Now
The Blackangel

Sony plans to end the PS4 by 2025

2 hours ago, Jasmin said:

Maybe I could buy PS5 by 2025 and ditch my PS4. If Sony plans to end PS4, the company should also focus on reducing the price of PS5.

What's making the price too high is because it's scare in the market. It should be around $500 if it's available but it's not, so scalpers are selling it above $1000. 

19 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I believe in the next couple of months, tbe supply of PS5 will be same ratio with the demands. We just have to exercise patience while it comes to fulfilment. By then, we'll have no choice but to face the decision made by Sony to end PS4 in terms of game production and move completely to PS5 and potential new gen console. 

With what's been going on in the world for a while now and even with food shortage, together with inflation, I'm not sure if we would be having lots of PS5 stock pushed out for immediate sales soon. 

I'm surprised they're waiting that long to kill it off. Hopefully this means they'll send it off with a third revision in the form of a smaller and more power-efficient PS4 Pro. My PS4 died recently, so I'd love to get something like that as a replacement.

7 minutes ago, HowHammerYou said:

I'm surprised they're waiting that long to kill it off. Hopefully this means they'll send it off with a third revision in the form of a smaller and more power-efficient PS4 Pro. My PS4 died recently, so I'd love to get something like that as a replacement.

Im 100% sure sony is done making new ps4 consoles, at this point they are only selling the slim model. From a financial point of view there is no reason for them to come up with a new ps4 model.

17 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Im 100% sure sony is done making new ps4 consoles, at this point they are only selling the slim model. From a financial point of view there is no reason for them to come up with a new ps4 model.

Eh, maybe just a superslim then. The slim came out in 2016, It just seems odd to me that they'd go a full 9 years without another hardware refresh.

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

With what's been going on in the world for a while now and even with food shortage, together with inflation, I'm not sure if we would be having lots of PS5 stock pushed out for immediate sales soon. 

I know the current system aren't justifiable enough, covid 19 is one of the major factor of world inflation, which hampered the release of PS5 and Xbox series X. I can't tell if we'll have PS5 in good number this year (2022). 

1 hour ago, HowHammerYou said:

Eh, maybe just a superslim then. The slim came out in 2016, It just seems odd to me that they'd go a full 9 years without another hardware refresh.

Well the PS5 is the hardware refresh, its pretty obvius at this point that sony will mainly focus on the ps5, the only reason why they are still selling PS4s is because of the impact of covid on the chip industry, but that situation is slowly getting better.

They just want to focus only one console to satisfy their customers more? They should also know that, not all gamers can afford the high price of PS5, those who are holding on to PS4, shouldn't be left reeling come 2025 when Sony stops producing it's hardware. 

17 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

What's making the price too high is because it's scare in the market. It should be around $500 if it's available but it's not, so scalpers are selling it above $1000. 

I don't think scarcity is the reason behind high price, they have kept the price high in order to make money money by selling fewer items, just like what Apple is doing.

3 hours ago, Jasmin said:

I don't think scarcity is the reason behind high price, they have kept the price high in order to make money money by selling fewer items, just like what Apple is doing.

Buying from Sony, it's never high and not up to $1000. But the issue is that you can't get it directly from Sony now and it's why other sellers have hiked the price. 

15 hours ago, kingpotato said:

They can't even make enough PS5 that's been out for a while which is making a lot gamers not have it yet and they are tired or done with making new PS4 console. 

8 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Buying from Sony, it's never high and not up to $1000. But the issue is that you can't get it directly from Sony now and it's why other sellers have hiked the price. 

Actually you can. Go to the PlayStation website and you can register to be notified when they have some available. It takes a long time but they sell them at their retail price. I registered last year, and they didn't have enough supply until last month. I would have bought one, but didn't come up with the money in time. They give you about a 10-15 minute shopping window, and they bring you into a queue to be let into the store. So it's a lot of waiting, but they are selling them from the website

On 6/11/2022 at 8:42 AM, Aniekwe said:

If you can be able to wait for it to get to your turn, you will be able to get it from PlayStation Store website. A friend of mine purchased it from them but it took him about 4 months it got to his turn. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

If you can be able to wait for it to get to your turn, you will be able to get it from PlayStation Store website. A friend of mine purchased it from them but it took him about 4 months it got to his turn. 

I have been waiting for a while now, so I think that it's something I would still be able to do. 

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Actually you can. Go to the PlayStation website and you can register to be notified when they have some available. It takes a long time but they sell them at their retail price. I registered last year, and they didn't have enough supply until last month. I would have bought one, but didn't come up with the money in time. They give you about a 10-15 minute shopping window, and they bring you into a queue to be let into the store. So it's a lot of waiting, but they are selling them from the website

As long as I eventually get the opportunity to have it at the retail price, it's a fair offer. Let me get on the website and do my registration. 

On 6/11/2022 at 1:27 PM, Aniekwe said:

Buying from third party seller can be high compared to buying from the manufacturer or distributor.  But sony products are comparatively expensive