Register Now
The Blackangel

Sony plans to end the PS4 by 2025

9 hours ago, Jasmin said:

Buying from third party seller can be high compared to buying from the manufacturer or distributor.  But sony products are comparatively expensive

It's why those so called third party sellers (scalpers) are taking advantage of the the scarcity now to sell at any cost price that pleases them. According to a friend of mine on the price of Sony consoles being more expensive, with Microsoft being more rich and bigger, they tend to cut down on the prices of their Xbox console. 

You can't just conclude that microsoft is bigger than sony. You will have to see different aspects. Microsoft does no only sell games, it sells software. Sony does not only sell games it also sells a lot of electronic items.

44 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

You can't just conclude that microsoft is bigger than sony. You will have to see different aspects. Microsoft does no only sell games, it sells software. Sony does not only sell games it also sells a lot of electronic items.

Yes we can, it took me only a minute to google it.  As of June 2022 Microsoft has a market cap of $1.811 Trillion dollars, and Sony 106.33 Billion, so yeah Microsoft is way bigger than sony

21 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Yes we can, it took me only a minute to google it.  As of June 2022 Microsoft has a market cap of $1.811 Trillion dollars, and Sony 106.33 Billion, so yeah Microsoft is way bigger than sony

Microsoft is not just bigger, but also richer than Sony in every aspect. When you look at Microsoft's cash at hand which is $104 billion, it's even almost what Sony's market cap is. 

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/MSFT/microsoft/cash-on-hand

2 hours ago, Jasmin said:

It's a known fact, Microsoft completely outdoes Sony in almost every capacity several times over. It's the reason why they can acquire a company like Activision for 70b and it's not as big an issue to them. Sony wanted to acquire Activision as well but just didn't have the capital to do so meanwhile Microsoft can make several more acquisitions like that right now if they wanted to.

4 hours ago, Jasmin said:

That's how microsoft was actually built, by acquiring start-ups and smaller companies.

So is Google and Amazon - as a matter of fact, that's how the Tech Industry is and that's why the bigger companies will continue to have the dominance they've enjoyed over the past 20+ years. 

On 6/14/2022 at 9:13 PM, killamch89 said:

It's a known fact, Microsoft completely outdoes Sony in almost every capacity several times over. It's the reason why they can acquire a company like Activision for 70b and it's not as big an issue to them. Sony wanted to acquire Activision as well but just didn't have the capital to do so meanwhile Microsoft can make several more acquisitions like that right now if they wanted to.

I never saw that their acquisition of Activision Blizzard coming and boom the deal was done. It even didn't affect their other business after throwing in the $70 billon in the project. 

On 6/16/2022 at 4:31 AM, Aniekwe said:

I never saw that their acquisition of Activision Blizzard coming and boom the deal was done. It even didn't affect their other business after throwing in the $70 billon in the project. 

Microsoft has something like 175B in liquid cash to acquire other gaming companies compared to Sony who had something like 30-40B? or maybe it was less, I can't remember the exact report but Microsoft has significantly more resources.

I've only had my PS4 for 2-3 years and been having a  blast.There is a difference because I don't think MS or Sony had the kinds of parts problem going from one gen to the next. 2025 will be PS4's 12th birthday so that's a long time for tech.And it may not be 3090 performance but Miles Morales looks freaking gorgeous on my 55 inch tv @ about 6 feet away.It will be quite a while before I start wanting a PS5.I game on PC too so that helps I guess.

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Microsoft has something like 175B in liquid cash to acquire other gaming companies compared to Sony who had something like 30-40B? or maybe it was less, I can't remember the exact report but Microsoft has significantly more resources.

That's true. I have always known about their purchasing power and even their capability to even purchase even Sony at the time if they wanted to and if Sony was willing to sell. I only didn't hear a lot of rumor or probably didn't follow up on the news when they were trying to acquire Activision. 

PS5 still isn't widely available that's why I haven't bothered about it. I still enjoy my ps4 console very much and Sony should make proper study and surveys before proceeding to take such an action just so they wouldn't do what Microsoft did to the Xbox 360.

Kinda to be expected with more studios stopping production of PS4 games. Same thing is happening for the Xbox one. They stopped producing the xbone as well if I'm not mistaken. 

As long as they continue to support it with security and updates, it should be fine. 

21 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Kinda to be expected with more studios stopping production of PS4 games. Same thing is happening for the Xbox one. They stopped producing the xbone as well if I'm not mistaken. 

As long as they continue to support it with security and updates, it should be fine. 

I think we're nearing the climax of PS4 and Xbox one consoles. That's how it started for PS3, and now, no company is producing games for PS3 nor Xbox 360.