Register Now
Terry94

Do you play old video games?

By old I mean 10+ years ago. For me; as my laptop can't handle newer games I mainly play games I grew up playing. Currently I'm playing:

Football Manager 2011 - Specifically 2011 as it's my favourite game in the series and 2011 was also my last year in school, so I have a lot of memories reading about the game instead of preparing for my exams! 😂

Left 4 Dead 2 - On Steam this game is still extremely popular and always in the top 50 most played games. It's a great game that I first played on the Xbox 360. Only down side is my laptop's video RAM is slow so by the time the the game starts everyone is already in. Thankfully 90% of people that play L4D2 wait for every player to be ready.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005, classic) - I'm a Star Wars fan and this game is just brilliant. Also, when they remade this game in 2017 the servers for the 2005 game were activated again.

Edited by Terry94

I'm into some old PC games from the 90s/early 2000's like Dungeon Keeper. C&C Red Alert 2, Decent, Magic carpet 2 and the Wing commander series. Some of them are a bit of a challenge to get to run properly on modern hardware, but it's a labour of love.

18 hours ago, Empire said:

Not really, CSGO is old but at the same time it's still being played by 100s and 1000s of people

I forgot about CSGO. I sometimes play that on my laptop, but due to my laptop's low specs by the time I load into a game I miss the first round. That happens every time.

Yeah i play old consoles all the time, but i don't have all my old consoles hooked up right now since i have yet to move my crt tv's out of my parents place yet, but a good amount of my gaming time is still being taken up by older consoles and games. Since i buy/collect a lot of older games i'm from oppionion i have to check out the stuff i buy atleast once well if it's sealed i'm keeping it sealed, a recent discovery i made this weekend : is who knew the old tiger woods golf games could be so much fun, i diden't really until i tested one out and played it the entire afternoon haha.

I'm currently in the middle of a Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly Let's Play, following from Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure & 2: N-Tranced. It's certainly showing it's age and unfortunately a bit more. It had something of a troubled development, and is a stark contrast to its contemporaries. Still, they're a nice break between my modern multiplayer games, and I like recording the videos for my darling dearest.

5 hours ago, Terry94 said:

I forgot about CSGO. I sometimes play that on my laptop, but due to my laptop's low specs by the time I load into a game I miss the first round. That happens every time.

The original Counter-Strike has low system requirements and continues to be populated, so that might be worth trying instead. It's one of the most die-hard communities I've ever seen, which only makes the games harder to get into. 😞

Edited by Withywarlock

38 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I still play the original AOE 2 and games like the original NFS Most Wanted and some GBA games as well such as Final Fantasy Tactics and Castlevania.

I remember when the original Need for Speed: Most Wanted came out, literally everyone in school was talking about it. 

Just now, Terry94 said:

I remember when the original Need for Speed: Most Wanted came out, literally everyone in school was talking about it. 

It still holds up relatively well in terms of graphics even though it was made 15 years ago - I'd go as far as to say EA peaked with Most Wanted because not a single NFS game that came out after was better than it.

18 minutes ago, Terry94 said:

Even now, a lot of gamers still take the game very seriously. It's still among my top 5 best racing video games. 

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It still holds up relatively well in terms of graphics even though it was made 15 years ago - I'd go as far as to say EA peaked with Most Wanted because not a single NFS game that came out after was better than it.

With the hype that followed Need for Speed Heat, I thought that it was going to better than Most Wanted but it never did. 

4 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

With the hype that followed Need for Speed Heat, I thought that it was going to better than Most Wanted but it never did. 

Need for Speed Heat was the only release of the game's franchise that I never got to play. I was introduced into Gran Turismo and it knocked off NFS from its perch for me.