Register Now
Terry94

Do you play old video games?

39 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I don't know about anyone else but I still play Resident evil 4 and Halo 3 from time to time and I never get bored of it.

What do you mean "I don't know about anyone else", there's an entire page full of replies.

Just now, Shagger said:

What do you mean "I don't know about anyone else", there's an entire page full of replies.

I was stating that on a personal basis that I still play Resident evil and Halo 3 and if there is anyone here on the group who plays this games too. 

I'm sorry if the words I used didn't portray my real intensions.

33 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I was stating that on a personal basis that I still play Resident evil and Halo 3 and if there is anyone here on the group who plays this games too. 

I'm sorry if the words I used didn't portray my real intensions.

Sorry, I obviously mis-read the post. My mistake.

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

I don't know about anyone else but I still play Resident evil 4 and Halo 3 from time to time and I never get bored of it.

Halo 3 is a brilliant game. I sometimes play it on my laptop, but it just barely runs so isn't the greatest experience.

3 hours ago, Terry94 said:

Halo 3 is a brilliant game. I sometimes play it on my laptop, but it just barely runs so isn't the greatest experience.

It doesn't lag on my PC though, it might be your PC doesn't have a powerful video card or GPU that would make the game run faster. Are you using a gaming laptop to play?

3 hours ago, Terry94 said:

6 minutes ago, Clasher said:

It doesn't lag on my PC though, it might be your PC doesn't have a powerful video card or GPU that would make the game run faster. Are you using a gaming laptop to play?

Having checked the Steam Listing for Halo 3 and seen the PC specification requirements;

1962962055_Screenshot2022-06-08221557.png.ebfe8c428e2e62fb2debb0d7ec3a03ac.png

My conclusion is that @Terry94's laptop is probably using integrated graphics, in other words it doesn't even have a GPU. The GeForce GTS 450 was launched 12 years ago and it's a 1GB card, and the CPU's listed are dinosaurs as well.

4 hours ago, Terry94 said:

I had more fun playing the first-person shooter game on Xbox 360. I have it on my PC as well but never played it. It's my brother who enjoys it on PC and he's actually the one who got it on PC. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Even though I'm having more of the new games on my PS4 mostly racing games. I still manage to engage in some outdated games like, 'Burnout Paradise (PS3), Doom, Shadow of the Colossus, Diablo III. 

My personal experience with Burnout Paradise isn't something to write home about. It's the worst among the Burnout series for me. I'm surprised that you enjoyed playing it. 

2 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

My personal experience with Burnout Paradise isn't something to write home about. It's the worst among the Burnout series for me. I'm surprised that you enjoyed playing it. 

Yeah, I enjoyed it in the past, I was playing it consistently on my PS3. If not that I sold my PS3, I could've been playing it up to this day. That's by the way, everyone must not like a particular game, I'm not surprised with your dislike around burnout paradise. 

19 hours ago, Clasher said:

Sadly no. I did have a gaming laptop that cost me over £1,000. When I moved out of my parents my dad refused to give it to me so I just use a basic laptop now that isn't designed for gaming.

8 minutes ago, Terry94 said:

Sadly no. I did have a gaming laptop that cost me over £1,000. When I moved out of my parents my dad refused to give it to me so I just use a basic laptop now that isn't designed for gaming.

Okay, that's where the fault might be, I own a gaming laptop too which I also use for my coding functions as well. If you want to have a more hitch free gaming experience a gaming laptop would serve you better.

14 hours ago, Terry94 said:

Your daddy had gaming plans for the laptop as well or it could be for his work probably?