Register Now
Terry94

Do you play old video games?

Old games make up the majority of what i play now. I love how in games from gen 7 and earlier you could have a blast playing them for short time spans like 30 minutes to an hour and then put them down. In today's games it takes 30 minutes just to run to the next quest marker.

22 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, I enjoyed it in the past, I was playing it consistently on my PS3. If not that I sold my PS3, I could've been playing it up to this day. That's by the way, everyone must not like a particular game, I'm not surprised with your dislike around burnout paradise. 

For Burnout Paradise , it never cut it when compared to Burnout 3: Takedown. If they had done something close to that with burnout paradise, it would have been an amazing game. 

1 hour ago, HowHammerYou said:

Old games make up the majority of what i play now. I love how in games from gen 7 and earlier you could have a blast playing them for short time spans like 30 minutes to an hour and then put them down. In today's games it takes 30 minutes just to run to the next quest marker.

I don't play old games too often, but I can be caught from time to time playing Halo 3 or even red Dead Redemption. What are your favorite old games that you are still playing till date?

1 minute ago, Clasher said:

I don't play old games too often, but I can be caught from time to time playing Halo 3 or even red Dead Redemption. What are your favorite old games that you are still playing till date?

Which Red Dead Redemption do you usually play more often? The first release of the game or the 2nd one? I can't get enough of playing RDR2. 

9 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (the old Pandemic game, not the EA remake), Samurai Shodown 3, Metal Slug 2, Golden Sun 2, Zelda: ALTTP, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, to name just a few. I also plan to start another Fallout: New Vegas playthrough in the near future.

1 hour ago, Aniekwe said:

For Burnout Paradise , it never cut it when compared to Burnout 3: Takedown. If they had done something close to that with burnout paradise, it would have been an amazing game. 

I know some gamers don't like the game 'Burnout paradise, I've gotten about two responses here already about the 2008 racing game. But fortunately I love it, I also love the 'Burnout 3 edition, provided they're racing games I love them all. 

1 minute ago, Justin11 said:

I know some gamers don't like the game 'Burnout paradise, I've gotten about two responses here already about the 2008 racing game. But fortunately I love it, I also love the 'Burnout 3 edition, provided they're racing games I love them all. 

I know this is going to sound unbelievably arrogant on my part and I apologise in advance, but Burnout Paradise is a piece of shit, and people who say otherwise don't know any better, they just don't. They've been poisoned by the concepts that game made popular, like the abandonment of local multiplayer, live service platforms and open world racing (Other games have that better since then, but it was still a stupid idea to begin with). Both Burnout and the arcade racer are dead thanks to that game, and I will never forgive EA for it.

12 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I know this is going to sound unbelievably arrogant on my part and I apologise in advance, but Burnout Paradise is a piece of shit, and people who say otherwise don't know any better, they just don't. They've been poisoned by the concepts that game made popular, like the abandonment of local multiplayer, live service platforms and open world racing (Other games have that better since then, but it was still a stupid idea to begin with). Both Burnout and the arcade racer are dead thanks to that game, and I will never forgive EA for it.

You rightly expressed your feelings and that's just it. EA buried the series racing game, ever since burnout 5 (Burnout Paradise)  came out, none followed it up again, which is 14 years today. EA just killed the beautiful racing game off, to my sadness. 

52 minutes ago, Shagger said:

36 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

You rightly expressed your feelings and that's just it. EA buried the series racing game, ever since burnout 5 (Burnout Paradise)  came out, none followed it up again, which is 14 years today. EA just killed the beautiful racing game off, to my sadness. 

Arcade racers were pretty much dead in 2008 when you look at similair games at the time like Split/second velocity and blur they all have one thing in common that they were exellent arcade racers but they also flopped salewise, so you can't fault Ea from trying something new i guess. While i don't hate that game as much as you do and had some fun with it, it was clear in 2008 the burnout formula had overstayed their welcome as was need for speed btw should have killed off that franchise when they were at it. My favourite will always be Burnout legends on the psp, don't know why Ea never bothered to port it to modern hardware. 

The same could be said about the Ridge racer franchise, Namco pretty much killed it with releasing Ridge Racer Unbounded in 2012 a game that had nothing to do with the original ridge racer concept, quite the same as burnout paradise. But Man if i had to choose i'd much rather see a new ridge racer going back to it's roots then a new burnout.

The only long arcade racer franchise i can think off that still is going strong is need for speed, eventough it has been struggling for an own identity for years. Sometimes i'm wondering why Ea still bothers with need for speed, the whole you vs the cops it's been there done that i guess. Well maybe they should reboot the Burnout franchise for a change! Put a different studio on it with people who were fans of the first games.

Also outrun 2 (2006 coast to coast) -> best arcade racer ever, come on sega port it to current gen hardware already 🙂

Edited by Yaramaki

3 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

Arcade racers were pretty much dead in 2008 when you look at similair games at the time like Split/second velocity and blur they all have one thing in common that they were exellent arcade racers but they also flopped salewise, so you can't fault Ea from trying something new i guess. While i don't hate that game as much as you do and had some fun with it, it was clear in 2008 the burnout formula had overstayed their welcome as was need for speed btw. My favourite will always be Burnout legends on the psp, don't know why Ea never bothered to port it to modern hardware. 

The same could be said about the Ridge racer franchise, Namco pretty much killed it with releasing Ridge Racer Unbounded in 2012 a game that had nothing to do with the original ridge racer concept, quite the same as burnout paradise. But Man if i had to choose i'd much rather see a new ridge racer going back to it's roots then a new burnout.

Also outrun 2 (2006 coast to coast) -> best arcade racer ever, come on sega port it to current gen hardware already 🙂

I can tell you exactly why EA have never (and almost certainly will never) port/remaster Burnout Legends or any Burnout game other than Paradise for modern hardware, it's because they want the arcade racer as it was to stay dead. They want to push Burnout Paradise and it's concepts as if this is how how it's meant to be. They don't want a game focuses on local multiplayer rather than online. They don't want play to progresses at the kind of pace older Burnout did and would much rather force people to pay or grind. In short, they don't want to remind the wold how these games used to play because it doesn't suit thier insidious business models.

23 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

The only Ridge Racer game I played on home console was Ridge Racer 7 and it was shit, worse than Burnout Paradise.  There was neat customisation but that only positive I can think of.  The tracks felt like they were designed on a etch-a-sketch, the physics were all over the place, horrible trance music and even after you inevitably turn that crap off you still have the helium fuelled announce lady constantly knocking inside your ears with stupid shit like "You've entered the slipstream!".  Wow, have I really!?  At least Burnout Paradise had Gun's and Roses and knew when to shut up!

6 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Your daddy had gaming plans for the laptop as well or it could be for his work probably? 

No idea what he uses it for as I don't speak to him. I highly doubt he games on it though as he was never a gamer.

1 hour ago, Yaramaki said:

Arcade racers were pretty much dead in 2008 when you look at similair games at the time like Split/second velocity and blur they all have one thing in common that they were exellent arcade racers but they also flopped salewise, so you can't fault Ea from trying something new i guess. While i don't hate that game as much as you do and had some fun with it, it was clear in 2008 the burnout formula had overstayed their welcome as was need for speed btw should have killed off that franchise when they were at it. My favourite will always be Burnout legends on the psp, don't know why Ea never bothered to port it to modern hardware. 

The only long arcade racer franchise i can think off that still is going strong is need for speed, eventough it has been struggling for an own identity for years. Sometimes i'm wondering why Ea still bothers with need for speed, the whole you vs the cops it's been there done that i guess. Well maybe they should reboot the Burnout franchise for a change! Put a different studio on it with people who were fans of the first games.

Just as @Shagger said, it doesn't suit EA business model anymore that's the reason they've dumped all burnout series arcade racers. I never played the legend version nor out-run, their are lots of them in the past which I never crossed part with. The reason is because, those games aren't ported into modern gaming device just as you've said here. It will be cool if remasters gonna come around any of those aforementioned arcade racing games.