Register Now
Terry94

Do you play old video games?

7 hours ago, Terry94 said:

No idea what he uses it for as I don't speak to him. I highly doubt he games on it though as he was never a gamer.

Damn!! It must have been a serious issue between the both of you to never talk. He's not making any attempts to reach out to you? 

I'm not much of a fan of old video games, some of them aren't even ported into modern gaming devices. So, that's difficult thou, to get in touch with old games. I'm more focused to newer games, but I wouldn't rule out old games, I still play some arcade racers, adventure games ported into modernize gaming platforms. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

I'm not much of a fan of old video games, some of them aren't even ported into modern gaming devices. So, that's difficult thou, to get in touch with old games. I'm more focused to newer games, but I wouldn't rule out old games, I still play some arcade racers, adventure games ported into modernize gaming platforms. 

There are gamers that are strictly for older video games because of how developers used to be innovative in creating the games unlike what's going with most new games now. These old games have more imaginative storyline and allows for more interactive experiences to the gamers. 

Edited by Shagger

13 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

There are gamers that are strictly for older video games because of how good innovative those games are unlike what's going with most new games now. 

Didn't get your point here mate, state your explanation well for easier understanding. 

27 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

There are gamers that are strictly for older video games because of how good innovative those games are unlike what's going with most new games now. 

I'm gonna to have to agree with @Justin11, that really isn't very clear. Please send a revised post to me via PM so I can edit it for you and do it soon, otherwise I'll have remove this post.

16 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Which Red Dead Redemption do you usually play more often? The first release of the game or the 2nd one? I can't get enough of playing RDR2. 

That would Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Redemption: undead night mare released in 2010. Did you say red dead redemption is also your favorite game?

5 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I started doing that a little now. I just picked up the habit from my brother. Retro games are a big thing for him. 

It’s pretty fun, especially if you only stick to the stuff you’re interested in playing.

1 hour ago, Grungie said:

It’s pretty fun, especially if you only stick to the stuff you’re interested in playing.

It's the only way you would go about it and not get bored in the process very quickly because it's capable of wearing you out if you take it too much. 

16 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

It's the only way you would go about it and not get bored in the process very quickly because it's capable of wearing you out if you take it too much. 

I was more talking about people going for full libraries for a console, and like shelf collection. To each their own.

18 minutes ago, Grungie said:

I was more talking about people going for full libraries for a console, and like shelf collection. To each their own.

I have a lot of such stack up on YouTube channels where the owners are probably reviewing a game. It's unbelievable how big their collection sets up. 

2 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I have a lot of such stack up on YouTube channels where the owners are probably reviewing a game. It's unbelievable how big their collection sets up. 

Some of those guys have been in the game for decades, so quite a bit of their stuff isn’t as expensive as it was right before COVID. Also when you’re a certain age, you could also have gotten games for those consoles at dirt cheap prices.

One guy went to a Funkoland back in the late 90’s or early 00’s where they were liquidating their NES games. He walked out with trash bags of games and only paid $20.

17 hours ago, Grungie said:

Some of those guys have been in the game for decades, so quite a bit of their stuff isn’t as expensive as it was right before COVID. Also when you’re a certain age, you could also have gotten games for those consoles at dirt cheap prices.

One guy went to a Funkoland back in the late 90’s or early 00’s where they were liquidating their NES games. He walked out with trash bags of games and only paid $20.

Wow, that was a complete steal for him to get that number of games in NES for just $20. No one would give up such opportunity. If I have it, I'm taking it without delay. 

On 6/11/2022 at 6:04 PM, Grungie said:

This is an opportunity you get to see once in a lifetime. The lucky guy just hit a jackpot with only $20.