Jump to content
Register Now
Terry94

Football Manager

Recommended Posts

Is anyone here a fan of the gaming series Football Manager? (previously known as Championship Manager) 

I haven't seen anyone discuss this on here but be cool to see if anyone else does play it. I'll be honest, I don't play any of the newer Football Manager games as they're too complex for my liking. I much prefer the older ones and I'm currently playing the 2011 version, managing my home town club of Gillingham. We are in League Two so 3 leagues below the Premiership. My aim is to make them the best team in the game... Going to take a while!

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

It's been a while I played it, not on console, but I did it back then on a mobile phone. I enjoyed the game back then, just that it was on 2D viewer's mode. 

Yeah, sadly the mobile version of FM can only be played with 2D match engine. It sucks in a sense because there are other football games on mobile that use 3D. 

Do you remember what version you played was? I spent a good 5 years around 2013-2018 only playing the mobile version, but nothing beats the PC version as it's so much more in depth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Terry94 said:

Yeah, sadly the mobile version of FM can only be played with 2D match engine. It sucks in a sense because there are other football games on mobile that use 3D. 

Do you remember what version you played was? I spent a good 5 years around 2013-2018 only playing the mobile version, but nothing beats the PC version as it's so much more in depth.

I didn't even know there was a mobile version of Football Manager. If you enjoyed playing the PC version more, why didn't you stop playing the mobile version since it was so lackluster?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I didn't even know there was a mobile version of Football Manager. If you enjoyed playing the PC version more, why didn't you stop playing the mobile version since it was so lackluster?

At the time I didn't have a laptop so I had no other way of playing Football Manager other than on my phone. 

It can be fun playing on the mobile but the PC version is more in depth. On mobile it's unrealistic and a lot of glitches as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It should be the 2018 version of Football Manager that I played last. My favourite of the game's release was Football Manager 2013. The simplicity it comes with its completion is awesome. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/6/2022 at 7:48 PM, Terry94 said:

Is anyone here a fan of the gaming series Football Manager? (previously known as Championship Manager) 

I haven't seen anyone discuss this on here but be cool to see if anyone else does play it. I'll be honest, I don't play any of the newer Football Manager games as they're too complex for my liking. I much prefer the older ones and I'm currently playing the 2011 version, managing my home town club of Gillingham. We are in League Two so 3 leagues below the Premiership. My aim is to make them the best team in the game... Going to take a while!

 

 

 

 

I think that it's only the mobile version of Football Manager game called Top Eleven Football Manager that I have come across in the community and FIFA of course. 

FM 2015 was my last one played, and I haven't played it in over 7 years now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I played Real football on mobile phone years ago, it was my best video game on mobile during my early childhood. I played this football manager game too, where I own a team, prepare them for major virtual tournaments and watch them play other oppositions as a spectator. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Terry94 said:

At the time I didn't have a laptop so I had no other way of playing Football Manager other than on my phone. 

It can be fun playing on the mobile but the PC version is more in depth. On mobile it's unrealistic and a lot of glitches as well.

I never got the appeal of playing the game on mobile phone. I always feel like it's never going to give me the same experience of playing on PC. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aniekwe said:

I never got the appeal of playing the game on mobile phone. I always feel like it's never going to give me the same experience of playing on PC. 

It's a cool concept, being able to play wherever (this was before Football Manager on the Nintendo Switch) but because the PC version is so much better it does getting boring after a while.

As much as I enjoy Football Manager I'm quite terrible at the game, and tend to lose interest quick. I think the longest save I've had is 5 seasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Football Manager sims are one of these types of games you need to very much into the source material. People who are will likely love it, everyone else wonders why. Because I'm not into football/soccer, I'm defiantly among the later. The one time I tried to play one of these these games years ago (I can't remember which one) my friends who were with me kept playing the game from the back seat. They kept hassling me by saying "You need to buy that player" or Sell him" or whatever the entire time, so eventually I just walked away. I know that's not the games fault, but even without the back seat players I just didn't find it fun. I get why a football/soccer enthusiast would like it, but it's really not for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Shagger said:

Football Manager sims are one of these types of games you need to very much into the source material. People who are will likely love it, everyone else wonders why. Because I'm not into football/soccer, I'm defiantly among the later. The one time I tried to play one of these these games years ago (I can't remember which one) my friends who were with me kept playing the game from the back seat. They kept hassling me by saying "You need to buy that player" or Sell him" or whatever the entire time, so eventually I just walked away. I know that's not the games fault, but even without the back seat players I just didn't find it fun. I get why a football/soccer enthusiast would like it, but it's really not for me.

See I'm the opposite. Maybe it's why I play the older FM games. But personally I find Football/Soccer boring. I used to love it growing up, pretty much obsessed with it, but nowadays I couldn't care less. I do enjoy playing Football Manager (the older games at least) but find watching it so boring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Terry94 said:

It's a cool concept, being able to play wherever (this was before Football Manager on the Nintendo Switch) but because the PC version is so much better it does getting boring after a while.

As much as I enjoy Football Manager I'm quite terrible at the game, and tend to lose interest quick. I think the longest save I've had is 5 seasons.

It's one thing with football simulation games like FM. You get to repeat the same thing over and over again with the same players or added new one's from transfers. It will come to a time when it becomes a bit of a bore and you can't help it with getting tired. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Terry94 said:

It's a cool concept, being able to play wherever (this was before Football Manager on the Nintendo Switch) but because the PC version is so much better it does getting boring after a while.

As much as I enjoy Football Manager I'm quite terrible at the game, and tend to lose interest quick. I think the longest save I've had is 5 seasons.

I would very much be open to playing the game on Nintendo Switch than on my smartphone. Playing on mobile phones used to be a lot of work for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...