Register Now
StaceyPowers

Netflix is making a BioShock movie

4 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Im expecting a bad movie, I mean usually netflix shits on a lot of their adaptations, very rarely they get it right. But I could be wrong, hopefully they focus on the horror aspect of the game

I've actually found Netflix's hit rate to be quite high when it come to video game adaptations, certainly higher that what we've sadly come to expect from such adaptations. The Witcher (I really that really based on the book, but is clearly heavily influenced by the games as well), Castlevania and Arcane were all received very well.

10 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Im expecting a bad movie, I mean usually netflix shits on a lot of their adaptations, very rarely they get it right. But I could be wrong, hopefully they focus on the horror aspect of the game

You're right about that but I'm keeping my fingers crossed with this one but if they still screws it up, well I wouldn't be surprised. 

Prooobably going to suck due to the filmmakers having little to no idea about what the source material is about, so instead of an ultra-tense cautionary tale about science without morals run amok we just get a bunch of jump scares and a cameo from one big daddy.

Everyone who wants to make a video game adaptation should be strapped down and forced to watch the source material, then Arcane as a primer on how to do it. Clockwork Orange style.

On 6/8/2022 at 5:44 PM, Empire said:

Clockwork Orange

That's an interesting movie. The movie has done justice to the book.

I don't know anything about BioShock game. I will have to find more about the topic.

14 hours ago, Jasmin said:

That's an interesting movie. The movie has done justice to the book.

I don't know anything about BioShock game. I will have to find more about the topic.

I think that if you happen to go through a few reviews on the game, you will grasp what the game is all about. 

5 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I think that if you happen to go through a few reviews on the game

I know how to find information, in fact everyone knows how to find information. Do you have to say anything more about the game except asking me to check reviews?

11 hours ago, Jasmin said:

I know how to find information, in fact everyone knows how to find information. Do you have to say anything more about the game except asking me to check reviews?

I have already given you more than just what I can even add to it through the video. It's a first person shooter video game and it's set in the underwater dystopian city of Rapture. You get to fight splicers in the game and it comes with a story-driven multiplayer mode. 

11 hours ago, Jasmin said:

Aha! Thanks for this quick explanation. Do you play this game? Would you recommend? Are you looking forward to watch the game adapted for a movie?

Yes, I do and I can recommend it because it's a good play. If you love first person shooter video games, you will like it, with the only difference it's set in underwater. 

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

With Netflix making this, it has a very good chance of being great. I mean look at Castlevania the series - Netflix does produce a lot of quality so Bioshock is in good hands.

As long as they do not want to have it ruined, I'm sure that they are capable of making an incredible movie.