Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you feel about factions being segregated in MMOs?

Some MMOs and MUDs take an approach where players in opposing factions have restricted interaction with each other whether through the zone structure or simply the rules of the factions themselves.

Personally, I find this severely limits my enjoyment of multiplayer games. How do you feel about it?

SOLO made faction vs faction right, in the sense everyone fight together in instanced pve as well as open world when grouped together but you CAN fight each other in open world (by activating faction pvp flag) with people outside of your group or in the faction vs faction area

I agree - it's kinda stupid to severely limit interaction with other players just because you aren't in the same faction. It's always been one of my pet peeves with most MMOs and has never been fully explained why developers implemented this stupid system in the first place.

On 6/22/2022 at 9:11 PM, killamch89 said:

I agree - it's kinda stupid to severely limit interaction with other players just because you aren't in the same faction. It's always been one of my pet peeves with most MMOs and has never been fully explained why developers implemented this stupid system in the first place.

Personally I don't even understand it as well but could it be that they are trying to do something different? It's a question that we don't really have an answer to it but being forced to deal with whatever they decide to do with the game's design. 

Probably depends on the game. I don't like parts to be locked off because you picked a certain faction or group in a game. I'm fine with there being other factions, who have different views and ways of doing things, but I don't think segregated is a cool way of putting it. 

I think some factions will dislike you, and I think that adds to the game. You also need conflict with the factions I'm sure. 

On 11/23/2022 at 12:38 AM, Kane99 said:

Probably depends on the game. I don't like parts to be locked off because you picked a certain faction or group in a game. I'm fine with there being other factions, who have different views and ways of doing things, but I don't think segregated is a cool way of putting it. 

I think some factions will dislike you, and I think that adds to the game. You also need conflict with the factions I'm sure. 

I think they had segregated factions just to make the game appear a lot more broader than it actually is in real sense.

Though I don't even bother about segregated factions I just get in the game and I am out when I feel satisfied.