Register Now
Terry94

Star Wars

I'm sure I'm not the only member on here that's a fan of Star Wars. I thought we could use this thread to discuss everything Star Wars.

Is anyone currently watching the latest spin of called "Obi Wan Kenobi" it's really good.

I like the movies, episodes 1-6. After Lucas sold it to Disney, the entire franchise was destroyed to nothing but a money grab. Hell I refuse to watch Return Of The Jedi on anything but VHS, since they replaced Darth Vader with hayden fucking christianson at the end on the DVD's. And I left his name uncapitalized intentionally. I absolutely hate him and his pathetic attempts at acting. Aside from him, episodes 2 and 3 were good. They would have been better if they replaced him with a rabid monkey. Hopefully the remake 2 and 3, with someone WHO CAN ACTUALLY ACT.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 6/8/2022 at 3:32 PM, Terry94 said:

I'm sure I'm not the only member on here that's a fan of Star Wars. I thought we could use this thread to discuss everything Star Wars.

Is anyone currently watching the latest spin of called "Obi Wan Kenobi" it's really good.

I think Obi Wan Kenobi is the first Star Wars thing I've really enjoyed since Rogue One. What was your favorite part of it?

Disney Plus. I have a bad habit of being on my phone while watching stuff at home. This was interesting enough that I wasn't on my phone at all for most of the series. There were a couple of unearned moments, and that's my biggest complaint. I don't usually  like stories that revisit characters earlier in their life because you already know what happens to them, and that can and often does stop you from becoming as emotionally invested. But they managed to keep Obi Wan compelling throughout.

On 6/26/2022 at 8:33 PM, harleyqbx said:

Disney Plus. I have a bad habit of being on my phone while watching stuff at home. This was interesting enough that I wasn't on my phone at all for most of the series. There were a couple of unearned moments, and that's my biggest complaint. I don't usually  like stories that revisit characters earlier in their life because you already know what happens to them, and that can and often does stop you from becoming as emotionally invested. But they managed to keep Obi Wan compelling throughout.

So how far did they go with Obi Wan story - was it his entire backstory and how many episodes did it take? I've had Disney Plus since last month but I rarely watch it. Netflix is what I still watch primarily and I'm trying to find a series that'll interest me. 

It's only 6 episodes. It takes place after about a decade after Revenge of the Sith. Obi Wan is in hiding and basically hamstrung by his own self-doubt and inner turmoil. I think if it was a full-on origin story, such as with Solo, I probably would have tapped out. Have you watched any of the other SW stuff on Disney Plus? Did you like any of it?