Register Now
Grungie

Howdy

Welcome, doesen't hurt to have more video game collectors here. Offcourse now we gotta know what systems do you collect for and why not anything else you like to share with us?

Edited by Yaramaki

2 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Welcome, doesen't hurt to have more video game collectors here. Offcourse now we gotta know what systems do you collect for and why not anything else you like to share with us?

I don’t go for systems per say. I collect JRPG’s across basically everything.

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Ave

For your classic games, do you play them or just collect them?

Due to the amount, I haven’t actually played them all, but I buy them because I want to play them. That’s why I primarily stick to collecting JRPG’s, because it’s my favorite genrezz

I'm a classic gamer myself. With a handful of exceptions, everything I play is N64 and back. I grew up on Nintendo, so that's the majority of what I play. But I still play Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, and PS1 just to name a few. I'm just about the only classic gamer here. There are a few members who would call me the classic gaming expert here. While I don't know if that's true or not, I do know that some of the systems I'm on all the time are at least twice as old as several members.

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm a classic gamer myself. With a handful of exceptions, everything I play is N64 and back. I grew up on Nintendo, so that's the majority of what I play. But I still play Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, and PS1 just to name a few. I'm just about the only classic gamer here. There are a few members who would call me the classic gaming expert here. While I don't know if that's true or not, I do know that some of the systems I'm on all the time are at least twice as old as several members.

My PS1 RPG collection is the biggest, but I have some cool stuff on the Dreamcast and Saturn. I wish I could own more of the RPG's on the SNES, but they're either super expensive (like Chrono Trigger), or they never left Japan

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I have a few RPG's on the SNES. Here's some of the titles.

Mario RPG Legend Of The 7 Stars
Secret Of Mana
Illusion Of Gaia
Final Fantasy 2,3,4,5
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Lagoon

Final Fantasy 2 and 4 is a bit redundant as 2 was the original North American title.

Do you have the original Japanese versions of those, or are they ROMs or repros? Final Fantasy 4 and 5, and Bahamut Lagoon never left Japan on those.

They're originals. What their correlation to the Japanese releases are, I don't know. All I know is that I have them and enjoy them. I won't buy a reproduction. I only buy authentic carts. Nostalgia is a big thing for me, so if I bought a repro, I may as well be playing a ROM on my PC.