Register Now
Grungie

Howdy

1 minute ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

She has the right to end a discussion that is getting nowhere. That also is her responsibility. 

Her responsibility is to also uphold the rules and not break them herself. If the rules state that the members aren’t allowed to do something, the moderators are also not allowed to do it as well. Unless there’s a clause in the site’s rules that exempts them from that that I most have missed.

It’s definitely an abuse of power to be allowed to insult people, and also an abuse when you try to shut down a debate you’re losing “because it’s going nowhere”.

3 minutes ago, Grungie said:

Her responsibility is to also uphold the rules and not break them herself. If the rules state that the members aren’t allowed to do something, the moderators are also not allowed to do it as well. Unless there’s a clause in the site’s rules that exempts them from that that I most have missed.

It’s definitely an abuse of power to be allowed to insult people, and also an abuse when you try to shut down a debate you’re losing “because it’s going nowhere”.

You can't claim the other party is abusing power for closing an argument when even now you claim you are the right one and she is wrong. Isn't that subject to an end of conversation? Which she obviously tried to do. It doesn't help with the insults now. You say you are right, and probably would shut her down if you had the chance like you are trying to discredit the only way you can now. So don't act like you are better, cause you just proved you only see one way and obviously you are willing to carry on a conversation that should have been dead in the water if only you swallowed your pride and moved on when given the chance. 

@Grungie, you would do will by listening to @Reality vs Adventure. It's quite clear to me that you were debating with @The Blackangel the person, not the mod', and it was a person she decided to leave the conversation before things got out of hand. Her being a mod clearly had nothing to do with this, but then you play the victim and imply that there was some sort of abuse of power, which quite honestly is ridiculous. She didn't edit your posts. remove any of them nor threaten you with such actions or any action within her power as a mod. However, making false claims that we are abusing our power on the public forum is NOT something that I'm prepared to tolerate. Even if @The Blackangel is, I'm not. If you felt @The Blackangel was taking it to far, why wouldn't you report it?

So I'm giving you two choices:

1. Make a formal complaint with either myself or @DC. The claim will be looked at in a professional and impartial manner, but bear in mind I have already looked at this thread and whilst it was certainly a heated debate, I didn't see either of you break any rules.
  2. Apologise to @The Blackangel for the false claim.

I'm not going to let you post anymore until you do one or the other.

29 minutes ago, Shagger said:

@Grungie, you would do will by listening to @Reality vs Adventure. It's quite clear to me that you were debating with @The Blackangel the person, not the mod', and it was a person she decided to leave the conversation before things got out of hand. Her being a mod clearly had nothing to do with this, but then you play the victim and imply that there was some sort of abuse of power, which quite honestly is ridiculous. She didn't edit your posts. remove any of them nor threaten you with such actions or any action within her power as a mod. However, making false claims that we are abusing our power on the public forum is NOT something that I'm prepared to tolerate. Even if @The Blackangel is, I'm not. If you felt @The Blackangel was taking it to far, why wouldn't you report it?

So I'm giving you two choices:

1. Make a formal complaint with either myself or @DC. The claim will be looked at in a professional and impartial manner, but bear in mind I have already looked at this thread and whilst it was certainly a heated debate, I didn't see either of you break any rules.
  2. Apologise to @The Blackangel for the false claim.

I'm not going to let you post anymore until you do one or the other.

I actually did send a PM to DC several hours ago. I can PM the screenshot to it if you want.

17 minutes ago, Grungie said:

I actually did send a PM to DC several hours ago. I can PM the screenshot to it if you want.

That won't be necessary. Doesn't change the fact that you should not have brought this up on the forum itself. If such a thing happens again, send the message to @DC like you did and leave it at that.

1 minute ago, Shagger said:

That won't be necessary. Doesn't change the fact that you should not have brought this up on the forum itself. If such a thing happens again, send the message to @DC like you did and leave it at that.

I made it public because I had a previous experience with unprofessional moderators. I and several others sent PM’s to the staff about it, and our complaints were promptly ignored until it was made public.

I’ll take note of that in the future here, I just personally haven’t had a good experience with moderator issues if I kept it behind closed doors.

5 hours ago, Shagger said:

However, making false claims that we are abusing our power on the public forum is NOT something that I'm prepared to tolerate. Even if @The Blackangel is, I'm not. If you felt @The Blackangel was taking it to far, why wouldn't you report it?

I am not willing to tolerate it either. Using "abuse of power" claims is not something a staff member should be subjected to, unless they are undoubtedly without any question about it, obviously abusing their power. There are plenty of people here that I personally am not a friend of theirs and for the most part that I strongly disagree with. Yet while I have debated them, I have not deleted or edited any posts just because we aren't particularly "friends". Yes, I have deleted and edited posts, but those were situations where the post in question heavily broke the rules of the forum.

And to suggest that as a mod we are exempt from the rules is absolutely uncalled for. There is a reason I was made a mod. It's because @DC trusted me enough to have me as a staff member. That is not something that is offered without merit.

@Grungie Taking your frustrations out on me is out of line. Just because you have had mod issues at other forums, doesn't mean that all mods are like that. Nor does it give you the right to bring those grievances here. Not all forums are the same, nor are all mods the same. I did not insult you. I never called you a name, nor brought your intelligence into question. Did I use the word ignorant in my posts? Yes, I did. Did I use the word stupid in my posts? No, I did not. And if you had actually looked at the image I gave you, you would have seen that it was not a link to a wikipedia page. It was separate information. Yes the wikipedia article was linked nearby. But what I showed you was not from wikipedia.

All that said, we welcome you to the forum. But insulting the staff will cause anyone here problems. Everyone is subject to that. We all have to abide by the rules. And if you look at them, you will see that @DC is the one that outlined the rules. Neither @Shagger nor myself have edited them. I do however suggest that you brush up on them before continuing to post in this manner.

Edited by The Blackangel