Register Now
NightmareFarm

Anyone else prefer gaming at night

15 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Some people I know who've played RE don't want to play it at nights because it's scary to them. To be fair, RE 7 is quite scary to play at night...

Honestly, RE 7 doesn't scare that much,  I even find some of the zombies in the game funny looking. 

13 hours ago, Clasher said:

Honestly, RE 7 doesn't scare that much,  I even find some of the zombies in the game funny looking. 

It depends on what scares who and what doesn't. To some gamers just like @killamch89, it's that creepy to play at night but it's not the same thing with you. 

3 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

It depends on what scares who and what doesn't. To some gamers just like @killamch89, it's that creepy to play at night but it's not the same thing with you. 

Yeah mate, it's best we just stick to what we find appealing but fun to play and if it scares us that much it's not even worth doing at all.

4 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

A lot of people I know play at night because that's when they are free. Horror games sometimes do scare me when I play at night.

This days I find myself playing only at night and during the day on weekends when I'm not working. It's now a habit for me playing at night just sits well with me.

11 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

I've never answered in this thread but no i never game at night, i have to get up at 1.30 am, 6 days a week to make myself ready for work. 

That's understandable due to the nature of your job. my job sometimes requires I work late Into the night and I would have to finish what I am working on before going to bed or else it would be some extra work for the next day.

Some nights I feel a bit sleepy so I just play videogames for a few minutes then I am back up and ready to continue. This doesn't happen always though.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

That's understandable due to the nature of your job. my job sometimes requires I work late Into the night and I would have to finish what I am working on before going to bed or else it would be some extra work for the next day.

Some nights I feel a bit sleepy so I just play videogames for a few minutes then I am back up and ready to continue. This doesn't happen always though.

I've never done late shifts in my life so i woulden't have a clue how it is, i think it would be nicer to do then working nights coming home late and start gaming when everybody is asleep, but then again i'm so used to working in the night and sleeping during day time, it's always hard to adjust especially the first few days when i take 3 weeks off during the summer from work.

I've also noticed with getting older i just need more sleep then when i was in my early 20 ies i slept for 4-5 hours a day and that was fine, nowadays i would feel like a wreck if i slept that little lol.

Edited by Yaramaki

20 hours ago, Clasher said:

It's the fact that the enemies can just randomly bust through the walls plus the lack of ammo to shoot zombies really makes it scary XD. Like, how do they expect you to punch a zombie to death?

On 6/10/2022 at 1:03 AM, NightmareFarm said:

I prefer to watch movies and play games at night. To the point where I try to refrain from playing narrative focused games in the daytime. It's much more atmospheric at night and some games which are set in dark locations or dark tonally I will completely refuse to play in the daytime.

This, yes, 100%! Especially BioShock or TLOU. It is a crime to play these during the day hahah.

Very rarely do I prefer playing at night; it's more because I'm doing so whilst I chat to my darling over Facebook (Total War's overworld campaign and Stellaris are my preferred games). I simply can't stay awake long enough to focus on and appreciate the game, as playing that long is just wasteful consumption.

Having said that, I wholeheartedly appreciate all the reasons others do, especially atmosphere and availability.

19 hours ago, Clasher said:

Yeah mate, it's best we just stick to what we find appealing but fun to play and if it scares us that much it's not even worth doing at all.

It was just like last night when I was bored to skull and the only thing I had left was to play games. I wasn't in the mood for movies, and the first game I jumped in was The Evil Within.