Register Now
NightmareFarm

Anyone else prefer gaming at night

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's watching movies that does that to me more often than gaming. I have fallen asleep a few times when playing video games at night but it doesn't happen often like it does whenever I'm watching movies.

I have fallen asleep once while playing the Sims simulator, not like it was boring but I was way too tired and maybe the game just helped me to drift off to sleep slowly.

I love playing games at nights, but due to my stressful working time during the day, makes me doze at nights. Maybe I need to adjust my working schedule to enable me have energy to enjoy my games and other forms of entertainment during the nights. 

Edited by Justin11

8 hours ago, Clasher said:

I have fallen asleep once while playing the Sims simulator, not like it was boring but I was way too tired and maybe the game just helped me to drift off to sleep slowly.

The same almost happened to me when I started playing Animal Crossing : New Horizons last night. But the moment I felt it, I had to stop playing and shut down everything.

It was a very good decision on my part. I started playing it in the morning and I enjoyed it. 

Does anyone here only game at night? Like you don't play at all during the morning, afternoon etc. For me I don't game too much during the day unless I got nothing else to do. But otherwise I focus on the night hours because it's more open for me. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Does anyone here only game at night? Like you don't play at all during the morning, afternoon etc. For me I don't game too much during the day unless I got nothing else to do. But otherwise I focus on the night hours because it's more open for me. 

I play video games mainly at night, because I am working during the day, unless maybe I ain't working and I just want to chill then I play video games during the day.

I am usually up till atleast 1:am on most days.

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It's my brother!! I have never seen that guy play any video game during the day even if he's free and not doing anything. Even the normal kill time with playing on smartphone when one is bored, it's not for him. But once it's 11pm upwards, he's locked in till 3am. 

This thread has run it's course, don't really see a reason to lock it nor is there any reason to keep it alive any longer but we're 8 pages in and you either prefer gaming at night or you don't.

There were some interesting posts and i feel like it would be a waste to not keep the conversation going so i moved some post in a new thread here

Edited by Yaramaki

On 8/7/2022 at 7:20 PM, Clasher said:

Sleeping at anytime during the day or night is healthy, you could take a good nap during the day and not feel sleepy at night because Maybe that's how the body works.

I still game at night because it helps me stay awake and after about an hour I would start working because I enjoy working at night it's often more quiet and peaceful.

well I used to do long naps in the daytime, when I played until early morning, but now I just do short naps in the daytime. 😉

On 8/7/2022 at 7:31 PM, Heatman said:

It's watching movies that does that to me more often than gaming. I have fallen asleep a few times when playing video games at night but it doesn't happen often like it does whenever I'm watching movies.

It's probably because playing video games get me involved in the process, so using the controller keeps me more active and awake unlike just sitting and leaning back to enjoy the movie. 

yeah, sometimes the pacing of a slow movie will do that to you, but you won't fall asleep as much if you are actually doing something with your hands like moving the mouse, WASD, or mashing the controller. 😁

On 8/12/2022 at 7:59 PM, Gonassis said:

well I used to do long naps in the daytime, when I played until early morning, but now I just do short naps in the daytime. 😉

yeah, sometimes the pacing of a slow movie will do that to you, but you won't fall asleep as much if you are actually doing something with your hands like moving the mouse, WASD, or mashing the controller. 😁

Exactly!! It's the involvement that I'm talking about because once I'm busy doing all those things and also racking up my brain on how to progress and not get myself killed in the game, that's always going to keep my eyes peeled. 

I don't know what it is but I always feels more relaxed gaming on a night than I do during the day. I feel it's because it's quieter, I don't have anything to worry about when it comes to a night and I feel like I can just chill, vibe and enjoy the game I am playing. Being that I am a content creator I do find myself playing games during the day, but it feels weird to play them during the day just because I don't feel like I can relax and focus enough during the day for fear of getting disturbed by a phone call, door knock or even feeling guilty because I am gaming and not cleaning or doing things that need to be done. I think that is why I always find the time to game on a night more so than the day.

1 hour ago, Shortie said:

I don't know what it is but I always feels more relaxed gaming on a night than I do during the day. I feel it's because it's quieter, I don't have anything to worry about when it comes to a night and I feel like I can just chill, vibe and enjoy the game I am playing. Being that I am a content creator I do find myself playing games during the day, but it feels weird to play them during the day just because I don't feel like I can relax and focus enough during the day for fear of getting disturbed by a phone call, door knock or even feeling guilty because I am gaming and not cleaning or doing things that need to be done. I think that is why I always find the time to game on a night more so than the day.

Yeah it's the peace and quiet of the night that really does it for me. I feel like I'm the only one up when I stay up late. My anxiety drops a ton at night too. But yeah, no distractions for the most part, so it's quite nice. 

Daytime gaming doesn't work so much for me since I tend to have a tough time waking up early lol. So I tend to take a while to get started on the work in the early hours, but that also means I just relax with YouTube before I start work stuff. But I like to get it all done during the day so I can relax at night, maybe do some gaming, watch a movie, etc. It's just so much more relaxing. 

7 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah it's the peace and quiet of the night that really does it for me. I feel like I'm the only one up when I stay up late. My anxiety drops a ton at night too. But yeah, no distractions for the most part, so it's quite nice. 

Daytime gaming doesn't work so much for me since I tend to have a tough time waking up early lol. So I tend to take a while to get started on the work in the early hours, but that also means I just relax with YouTube before I start work stuff. But I like to get it all done during the day so I can relax at night, maybe do some gaming, watch a movie, etc. It's just so much more relaxing. 

It's so nice to hear that others find that gaming on a night helps their anxiety. I myself suffer with depression and anxiety and social anxiety is a big one for me. I find that gaming during the night when less is going on helps my anxiety so much and I feel more relaxed when my anxiety is a lot lower. Is it just me or do you find yourself feeling somewhat more guilty for gaming during the day if you are disturbed because your anxiety is so high? That is a big problem for me I found and always wondered if it was just a me thing or if others have the same issue.

There are certain games you have all the time during the day to play but you just save it for later at night , I really can't believe I'm the only who does This.

I just purchase a new game and say to my self "I can't waste this experience by playing it at this hour I would wait for the moon to be out then we strike". Lol

Yeah, sometimes I do. Especially when I have the light off, and the room is lit only by my monitor... it usually makes the game more atmospheric, when there's absolutely nothing else around to distract my senses from it (and if anything, the surrounding darkness only [i]adds[/i] to the suspense!)