Register Now
StaceyPowers

Possible BioShock reference in Star Trek: Strange New Worlds last night

I am pretty sure the beaux arts-looking cloud city in Star Trek: Strange New Worlds episode ""Lift Us Where Suffering Cannot Reach" last night was a reference to Columbia in BioShock Infinite. The episode itself no doubt referenced "The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas" by Ursula K. LeGuin, but similar themes run through the BioShock series as well.

Maybe it was from BioShock but the I don't see it as a clue to star trek: strange new worlds having a semblance to BioShock they both are made in different worlds and their differences  outweighs any similarities.

Edited by Clasher

On 11/23/2022 at 1:25 PM, Empire said:

I thought the ending cutscene stuff was fine enough. Nothing incredible, and definitely handwavey and a little up its own ass about explaining things, but the basic conceit was decent enough for my tastes.

The cutscenes were just right in my opinion, I played the beginning part and then proceeded to play the ending part of BioShock from where my friend left it off.

If star trek is successful enough to include a BioShock reference in their game then I would really want to see what it actually looks like.