Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you cope when you finish your favorite game again?

16 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

For my cousin, there is always another game that's going to take after the one he completed. It's just like having more than one favorite game. 

With the way he's doing it, he's trying his best not to be attached to just one game, so he would have the next one to jump into immediately without having to worry about getting clinched on a single game for too long. 

21 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

For my cousin, there is always another game that's going to take after the one he completed. It's just like having more than one favorite game. 

This would be one of the best way to go about this. You wouldn't have any kind of pressure or stress over finishing any favorite game of yours. 

Gaming is fun but when it begins to affect our mental health negatively it is best you abstain from it and focus more on things that wouldn't trigger your anxieties. I love video games but sometime I just stay off it for a few days to engage in other activities that interest me as well.

6 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

This would be one of the best way to go about this. You wouldn't have any kind of pressure or stress over finishing any favorite game of yours. 

I had to learn that from my cousin because it works so well for him with moving unto his next game with so many ease. 

12 hours ago, Clasher said:

Gaming is fun but when it begins to affect our mental health negatively it is best you abstain from it and focus more on things that wouldn't trigger your anxieties. I love video games but sometime I just stay off it for a few days to engage in other activities that interest me as well.

This is why I'm always of the opinion that kids should be monitored on what and how much they play because they won't be able to make the best decisions for them in such cases. Even some adults fail at this and talk more about kids. 

3 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

This is why I'm always of the opinion that kids should be monitored on what and how much they play because they won't be able to make the best decisions for them in such cases. Even some adults fail at this and talk more about kids. 

Yeah mate, putting your kids under supervision when they play video games and also taking precautions to know the kind of games they are playing.

On 6/13/2022 at 4:05 PM, Dannyjax said:

I'm in the same boat - I have a whole list of Steam games that I've purchased that I still haven't gotten around to playing so I don't have a problem when a game is completed. It's on to the next one for me.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm in the same boat - I have a whole list of Steam games that I've purchased that I still haven't gotten around to playing so I don't have a problem when a game is completed. It's on to the next one for me.

It works so well for him and to make it very easier for him, he plays on several platforms. He doesn't have to be confined to a single platform. 

20 hours ago, Clasher said:

Yeah mate, putting your kids under supervision when they play video games and also taking precautions to know the kind of games they are playing.

It's for the best to have their gaming preferences picked out for them irrespective of what they might consider to be their favourite game. It may be something harmful for their consumption and as an adult, you should know better. 

8 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

It's for the best to have their gaming preferences picked out for them irrespective of what they might consider to be their favourite game. It may be something harmful for their consumption and as an adult, you should know better. 

My niece is so hooked with playing Pokemon and sometimes get a little sad when her parents asks her not to play video games for a few days so she could concentrate with some school work. I don't have anything against pokemon because it wouldn't have any negative mental effect on a ten year old as the characters and scenery are kids friendly.

But I still believe her parents did right by her, atleast to stop her from delving into excessive playing of videogames and also give her attention to other priorities.

On 6/15/2022 at 8:45 PM, Dannyjax said:

It works so well for him and to make it very easier for him, he plays on several platforms. He doesn't have to be confined to a single platform. 

I even do that - playing on different platforms from time to time just to give myself a new taste of games. It's like having favorite games on different platforms. If I completed the one on PS4, I would switch to the one on Nintendo Switch and PC etc. 

14 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I even do that - playing on different platforms from time to time just to give myself a new taste of games. It's like having favorite games on different platforms. If I completed the one on PS4, I would switch to the one on Nintendo Switch and PC etc. 

I have this funny habit of having some of the games that I have across the platforms - PS4, PC and Nintendo Switch that I play on. A friend of mine says it's not necessary but that's his opinion by the way. I don't care about it. 

10 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I have this funny habit of having some of the games that I have across the platforms - PS4, PC and Nintendo Switch that I play on. A friend of mine says it's not necessary but that's his opinion by the way. I don't care about it. 

There's nothing funny about it because I do it as well. There are sometimes when I get bored of playing with a particular platform and I have the option to switch up to another.

The controller and how to play gives me a new breath into the game. The games that I have on the other platforms serves as a good new option to play after my favorite game is completed.