Register Now
m76

What games you love but dread to re-play due to not wanting to re-live something in the story?

Well, I guess a spoiler warning is necessary even if I don't spoil actual plot points.

I hate negative outcomes, and tragedies, if a game doesn't have a happy ending I can't and I won't play them again.

That doesn't mean there can't be some ambiguity in the ending, but if it's overwhelmingly negative and especially if you fail to achieve the main goal of the game, then I cannot bear to struggle through the game again, knowing that the outcome is what it is.

I don't like needless suffering either, too much of that can also make me dread to come back to a game.

These are the games that I can't g et myself to replay, even though I absolutely loved them:

Beyond: Two Souls
Cyberpunk 2077
Detroit Become Human
Max Payne 2
The Last of Us Part 2

Edited by m76

I don't play NASCAR Dirt to Daytona too much anymore because after winning 1,084 races in career mode all they showed was two Fords crashing.  After winning 1,084 races they should show me a better illustration.  Maybe a slideshow of great events from real life racing history would be better.

There's only one game which is This War of Mine that questions the morality of my actions in either helping other people caught up in war or focusing on my own survival. It's one game that I wouldn't like to replay as I wouldn't like to relive killing and stealing from the innocents. 

By far it's Red Dead Redemption 2. I can't play very far past Guarma because I can't handle everything falling apart and Arthur dying. It tears me up to see all that. Hell I don't always play much past chapter 4. Typically I like to keep it in chapters 2-3. It's an emotional thing that I just can't stand. I will do one more playthrough of the entire game, but that's only for our YouTube channel. After that, I will never play all the way through the game again. I just can't do it.

39 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

By far it's Red Dead Redemption 2. I can't play very far past Guarma because I can't handle everything falling apart and Arthur dying. It tears me up to see all that. Hell I don't always play much past chapter 4. Typically I like to keep it in chapters 2-3. It's an emotional thing that I just can't stand. I will do one more playthrough of the entire game, but that's only for our YouTube channel. After that, I will never play all the way through the game again. I just can't do it.

Well, tragedy is no good and coming across those scenes again would bring back Those emotions that you experienced the first time. Though I played RDR2 and whenever I get past Guarma again I feel a tinge of emotion.

But most times it's only nostalgia which constantly drives me back to the game to have another experience of it .

I didn't know you had a YouTube channel where you upload game related contents, that's so cool never been able to start mine actually.

On 6/16/2022 at 9:23 PM, Clasher said:

Well, tragedy is no good and coming across those scenes again would bring back Those emotions that you experienced the first time. Though I played RDR2 and whenever I get past Guarma again I feel a tinge of emotion.

But most times it's only nostalgia which constantly drives me back to the game to have another experience of it .

I didn't know you had a YouTube channel where you upload game related contents, that's so cool never been able to start mine actually.

As much as I can be able to withstand and absorb what happened to in Red Dead Redemption 2 with how Arthur died, I must admit that it always leaves an emptiness in me that takes a while for me to get out from. 

17 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

As much as I can be able to withstand and absorb what happened to in Red Dead Redemption 2 with how Arthur died, I must admit that it always leaves an emptiness in me that takes a while for me to get out from. 

Having some feeling of emotion when your favorite character dies in a video game is quite Normal.

But in my case that wouldn't hinder me from repeating the game if I want to. Unless I just ain't in the mood for it.

43 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Having some feeling of emotion when your favorite character dies in a video game is quite Normal.

But in my case that wouldn't hinder me from repeating the game if I want to. Unless I just ain't in the mood for it.

It's just like what happens in movies when the main protagonist or the actor just like we call it when we were kids dies, there wouldn't be any interest in continuing with watching the movie. It's just the same thing applicable with video games. 

On 6/18/2022 at 2:47 PM, Dannyjax said:

It was a very sad feeling for the first time I played the game and got to that part. It took a lot courage for me not to cry over it. 

On 6/18/2022 at 3:52 PM, Dannyjax said:

It's just like what happens in movies when the main protagonist or the actor just like we call it when we were kids dies, there wouldn't be any interest in continuing with watching the movie. It's just the same thing applicable with video games. 

I think it's 9 Elements of Ninja that I watched as a kid where I never had the interest of watching it all over again because of what happened to the lead actor and how he died. 

On 6/18/2022 at 3:52 PM, Dannyjax said:

That's true mate, I actually cried a bit when I first saw Titanic, and I felt really sad when Arthur died in red dead redemption 2 as well. our emotions is just something we can't we can't always control.