Register Now
Clasher

Diablo 4 has been announced for Xbox and PlayStation with release window

Just heard Diablo 4 has been announced for Xbox and PlayStation with release window.

So after the long wait blizzard entertainment is finally bringing this video game back. And it is said to be released in 2023.

I just can't wait for this game to be out and better still it's both on Xbox and PlayStation.

Edited by Clasher

@Clasher I edited your post to embed the video.

And I'm calling it now. After the disgusting shit they pulled with Diablo Immoral... I mean... Immortal... in fact I was right the first time, they will say "We listened to you" and not do all the same shit again with this game. They'll peg it back, but not remove it completely and expect to be praised for it, and there are idiots out there who lap it up. Well, not me. You can't see them announcing this game barely a week after Diablo Immoral launched and call it a coincidence, they want to distract people from the multitude of PR disasters they are going through. At least some of the horrid systems from Diablo Immoral will be in this game, I know it. 

I have no faith in this version of Blizzard to deliver something for the fans, but that's not my main problem. I personally refuse to discuss Blizzard or thier games without bringing up the sexual misconduct and harassment the company has been guilty of. They don't deserve your support and you should consider what this trailer is not showing even more that what it is.

Edited by Shagger

1 minute ago, Shagger said:

@Clasher I edited your post to embed the video.

And I'm calling it now. After the disgusting shit they pulled with Diablo Immoral... I mean... Immortal... in fact I was right the first time, they will say "We listened to you" and not do all the same shit again with this game. They'll beg it back and expect to be praised for it, and there are idiots out there who lap it up. Well, not me. You can see them announcing this game barely a week after Diablo Immoral and call it a coincidence. At least some of the horrid systems from Diablo Immoral will be in this game

I have no faith in this version of Blizzard to deliver something for the fans, but that's not my main problem. I personally refuse to discuss or thier games without bringing up the sexual misconduct and harassment the company has been guilty of. They don't deserve your support and you should consider what this trailer is not showing eve more that what it is.

I actually made a deep research about the game on various game news platforms and I know from what I found is that blizzard entertainment has made the Diablo 4 different from Diablo immortal.

Here a few point I gathered about the game

1.  Diablo 4 has cross play features, unlike Diablo immortal that was first released on mobile before been extended to PC. Diablo 4 would be available on all platforms from it's release.

2. Characters on Diablo 4 has more detailed character customization which would give players the liberty of becoming whatever they would want to become in the game, players can choose their fantasy.

3. Even the world of Diablo 4 is different from that of Diablo immortal the later focuses more on epic fantasy aspect of the world, Diablo 4 takes it a notch higher with more gorier and glimmer world than has ever been for any Diablo title

Here is a few but the list of changes and features on Diablo 4 different from Diablo immortal goes on and on.

25 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I actually made a deep research about the game on various game news platforms and I know from what I found is that blizzard entertainment has made the Diablo 4 different from Diablo immortal.

Here a few point I gathered about the game

1.  Diablo 4 has cross play features, unlike Diablo immortal that was first released on mobile before been extended to PC. Diablo 4 would be available on all platforms from it's release.

2. Characters on Diablo 4 has more detailed character customization which would give players the liberty of becoming whatever they would want to become in the game, players can choose their fantasy.

3. Even the world of Diablo 4 is different from that of Diablo immortal the later focuses more on epic fantasy aspect of the world, Diablo 4 takes it a notch higher with more gorier and glimmer world than has ever been for any Diablo title

Here is a few but the list of changes and features on Diablo 4 different from Diablo immortal goes on and on.

The first thing I need to point out that Diablo Immortal was released on mobile then on PC hours later, literally the same day in most of the world, so there was no gap with mentioning. Also, as far as I can tell, diablo Immortal does offer cross platform between PC and mobile, so it's hardly a selling point Diablo IV has over Immortal.

It's not like I doubt the level of customisation Diablo IV will offer, I'm only wondering how much of it will be paywalled, as well as what else be paywalled. I'm not expecting it to be as bad as Immortal, but I am expecting Blizzard to import at least of the systems from Immortal into Diablo IV, it's only a question of how far they plan to go. Frankly, I couldn't care less about the lore or setting of Diablo IV and how it differs from Immortal, that's the last thing anyone complained about with Immortal. They uses Immortal to see what they could get away with in terms of monetisation. After looking at the feedback, they will put whatever they think they can get away with from Immortal into Diablo IV, I guarantee it.

Edited by Shagger

Diablo IV WILL have microtransactions and DLC. 

Blizzard have already responded to concerns about Diablo IV's monetisation, and in way that offers no confidence whatsoever. Quoting from an article by Eurogamer.

"To be clear, [Diablo 4] is a full price game built for PC/PS/Xbox audiences," franchise exec Rod Fergusson tweeted yesterday. "We are committed to delivering an incredible breadth of content after launch, for years to come, anchored around optional cosmetic items [and] full story driven expansions," he wrote, before promising more details soon.

Putting that through the cooperate bullshit translator, Diablo IV will be a "live service" with season passes and cosmetic microtransactions. They didn't mention the gameplay affecting microtransactions because they didn't want be exposed as liars when the game comes out, otherwise they would have specically said there wouldn't be any. The fact they are even talking about DLC expantions what will likely be well over a year before the game is finished is a very bad sign indeed.

I didn't trust this project before, and thier "assurances" have only made me trust it even less.

Fuck Acti-Blizzard

I didn't even bother with Diablo immortal when it was released because i didn't like what blizzard decided to do with it, but when Diablo 4 was announced to be released in 12months I had strong hopes that blizzard was gonna try to do better than they did with Diablo immortal.

Your points @Shagger are valid but I will keep my fingers crossed hoping for the best. 

Diablo 4 is going to flop - It's written in the stars. We should make a bet as to how bad of a game its going to be and see who gets it right. Activision Blizzard is an absolute disaster of a company that can't stop harassing itself at every turn.

Nice visuals and they at least kept some of the core gameplay but I’m not sure whether I’ll be buying it, as a solo player i hate the idea of a game that requires constant internet connection aside from MMORPG of course.

I just hope they give players the option to play offline instead of online i mean that would be bad if you encounter a world boss or in the middle of dungeon run and suddenly, connection gets cut and your progress is basically for nothing.

Diablo's no longer the market leader for ARPGs so I have to agree with others here: it's going to flop. Immortal has burned its users since its announcement, and people know what to expect from the monetisation of other, better established ARPGs like Path of Exile and Lost Ark.

How much it can redeem itself depends on who's doing what. Is it going to be Blizzard with all the pressure of sexual misconduct, piss poor leadership and acquisition on the way? Is work going to be outsourced to companies like LemonSky Studios (Warcraft III: Reforged), or NetEase (Diablo: Immortal)? Or is there another wild card yet to be played from Blizzard's hand?

21 hours ago, Empire said:

I just hope they give players the option to play offline instead of online i mean that would be bad if you encounter a world boss or in the middle of dungeon run and suddenly, connection gets cut and your progress is basically for nothing.

I doubt it. No offline functionality was brought to Diablo III after the Real Money Auction House (RMAH) was taken down so I don't see there being an option here.

3 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I doubt it. No offline functionality was brought to Diablo III after the Real Money Auction House (RMAH) was taken down so I don't see there being an option here.

Well, aren't like I play it anymore. I do not think that will make people stop playing it. 

On 6/19/2022 at 3:23 AM, Withywarlock said:

Diablo's no longer the market leader for ARPGs so I have to agree with others here: it's going to flop. Immortal has burned its users since its announcement, and people know what to expect from the monetisation of other, better established ARPGs like Path of Exile and Lost Ark.

How much it can redeem itself depends on who's doing what. Is it going to be Blizzard with all the pressure of sexual misconduct, piss poor leadership and acquisition on the way? Is work going to be outsourced to companies like LemonSky Studios (Warcraft III: Reforged), or NetEase (Diablo: Immortal)? Or is there another wild card yet to be played from Blizzard's hand?

The various reports about Diablo 4 is also very concerning because this is likely to tank as badly as Immortal did and there's no way they'll win back their fanbase with trash they're serving to their loyal fans.

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The various reports about Diablo 4 is also very concerning because this is likely to tank as badly as Immortal did and there's no way they'll win back their fanbase with trash they're serving to their loyal fans.

You vastly underestimate Blizzard fans. During World of Warcraft's worst expansion dips and subscription hikes and schemes, not to mention the premium cash shop, Diablo 3's art style and RMAH debacle, Overwatch being announced and released, Hearthstone's announcement (and continued drubbishing, but then what card game doesn't catch flak?), Heroes of the Storm quietly vanishing into the ether, Warcraft III: Reforged, the Blitzchung Incident, and last to my knowledge sexual harrassment among other distasteful things going on there, people still play and more importantly hand over money.

No doubt people will harrumph and grumble, but the core Diablo playerbase will buy 4 in a heartbeat because it looks grittier and some other excuses along the way.

On 6/23/2022 at 1:48 AM, Withywarlock said:

You vastly underestimate Blizzard fans. During World of Warcraft's worst expansion dips and subscription hikes and schemes, not to mention the premium cash shop, Diablo 3's art style and RMAH debacle, Overwatch being announced and released, Hearthstone's announcement (and continued drubbishing, but then what card game doesn't catch flak?), Heroes of the Storm quietly vanishing into the ether, Warcraft III: Reforged, the Blitzchung Incident, and last to my knowledge sexual harrassment among other distasteful things going on there, people still play and more importantly hand over money.

No doubt people will harrumph and grumble, but the core Diablo playerbase will buy 4 in a heartbeat because it looks grittier and some other excuses along the way.

You might be right about that - I mean, most COD players weren't going to drop COD just because of the sexual harassment case.

I have never played a diablo game, but have always wanted to. I'm thinking I may just go for one of the older games or the third one. After the mess with immortals idk if I would trust getting this. 

With what they did in development of Diablo immortal, I'm very convinced that they are going to mess up Diablo 4 and I'm definitely not ready for the horse shit all over again. I can't wait to see the level of microtransactions they are going to dump on the game when it's out.