Register Now
Justin11

Do you think the money involved in soccer is driving the real entertainment away?

2 minutes ago, Clasher said:

That's True, Bayern Munich has always been known to be the Giants of the German league and it's only fair that they are the ones with highest amount of money spent on signing players.

It's has worked for them because they are not struggling in any way to win the bundesliga as much as PSG struggles to win the Ligue 1 even though they are among the teams with the highest number of Ligue 1 titles still they struggle every single to get to the finals.

Do you know what? I even hate Bayern Munich's practices in German league more than any other leagues. They are so good in buying the competition from the same league. Count how many elite players they bought from their direct rivals Borussia Dortmund, thereby rendering them too weak to compete against them. 

Bayern Munich is rich and evil!!! 

5 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Do you know what? I even hate Bayern Munich's practices in German league more than any other leagues. They are so good in buying the competition from the same league. Count how many elite players they bought from their direct rivals Borussia Dortmund, thereby rendering them too weak to compete against them. 

Bayern Munich is rich and evil!!! 

For real though, without any competition then the league is useless which is why they don't actually have a lot of people who are interested in the German league as much as we have for the Spanish league, European league or french league which comes with a lot of competition.

8 hours ago, Clasher said:

For real though, without any competition then the league is useless which is why they don't actually have a lot of people who are interested in the German league as much as we have for the Spanish league, European league or french league which comes with a lot of competition.

Now you understand exactly what I'm driving at. I would bring myself to even watch the Dutch Eredivisie league and enjoy it very well more than putting myself through watching Bayern Munich's antics in German league. 

Bayern Munich have monopolized the league, no longer four horse racer competition but one horse competition just for Bayern to win before January. No wonder people here in my demographic call it farmers league, because, their is nothing exciting anymore to it when we know who the winner would be. 

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Bayern Munich have monopolized the league, no longer four horse racer competition but one horse competition just for Bayern to win before January. No wonder people here in my demographic call it farmers league, because, their is nothing exciting anymore to it when we know who the winner would be. 

I find that title really hilarious - farmers league 😅.

I thought that title was initially meant for the french league.

6 hours ago, Clasher said:

Any league that's got a single team being too strong for other teams, where they win 90% of all the trophies in every season, that makes it a farmers league. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Any league that's got a single team being too strong for other teams, where they win 90% of all the trophies in every season, that makes it a farmers league. 

I think that justifies the reason for calling the French league a farmers league since PSG has been the only team winning the title back to back for some time now.

21 hours ago, Clasher said:

@Heatman answered it right. If a single team wins it year after year, their is nothing exciting. If you check EPL, you can't see a single team winning it four consecutive, even if Manchester city is proving too strong for others to catch-up, I don't see them winning it like the way Bayern Munich have monopolized bundesliga. 

27 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

@Heatman answered it right. If a single team wins it year after year, their is nothing exciting. If you check EPL, you can't see a single team winning it four consecutive, even if Manchester city is proving too strong for others to catch-up, I don't see them winning it like the way Bayern Munich have monopolized bundesliga. 

EPL has to be the most competitive league side soccer competition in the world right now , before you qualify for the champions league you would have encountered a lot of hurdles on your way up.

1 minute ago, Clasher said:

EPL has to be the most competitive league side soccer competition in the world right now , before you qualify for the champions league you would have encountered a lot of hurdles on your way up.

Yes of course, if anyone doubts it, they should ask Man United that struggled to secure a top four position last season, even Arsenal too find it so difficult to secure a UCL place for themselves last season. 

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

English Premier League is gradually turning into farmers league slowly with how Manchester City have been very dominant in wining the league for years now. Yes, they don't win so easily because they have to depend on winning the last day season match to win the league or lose it. It's what still makes it competitive. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

English Premier League is gradually turning into farmers league slowly with how Manchester City have been very dominant in wining the league for years now. Yes, they don't win so easily because they have to depend on winning the last day season match to win the league or lose it. It's what still makes it competitive. 

Not at this time, I disagree. If you check well, EPL winner don't win the league with a wider margin of points, most of the time it is decided during final day of the season. I never seen an EPL season ending so easily like the way Bayern Munich have monopolized Bundesliga or PSG monopolizing Ligue One. 

On 8/17/2022 at 7:30 PM, Heatman said:

To be fair, this season in particular, Man City's defense looks very vulnerable - yes they have Halaand upfront and he's already on 10 goals but as Aston Villa have shown, you can get a result against them and had it not been for a dodgy VAR decision, Aston Villa would've won.

On 9/6/2022 at 1:30 AM, killamch89 said:

To be fair, this season in particular, Man City's defense looks very vulnerable - yes they have Halaand upfront and he's already on 10 goals but as Aston Villa have shown, you can get a result against them and had it not been for a dodgy VAR decision, Aston Villa would've won.

VAR have been a mess ever since its inception. It's never been consistent. As for City's defense, it's porous but their game strategy have always been to outscore their opponents. 

On 9/11/2022 at 1:21 PM, Heatman said:

VAR have been a mess ever since its inception. It's never been consistent. As for City's defense, it's porous but their game strategy have always been to outscore their opponents. 

Well that is Pep's philosophy as well as other attack-minded managers such as Arteta and Klopp. That's why most teams don't attack City as much.