Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you do when your gaming tech dies as you wait for new items to arrive?

This is why I play on different platforms. Should I find myself in a situation where my TV gave up on me, and I do want to play games, it's either I play on my Nintendo Switch or PC. If both of them doesn't serve me, I'd resort to my smartphone too. 

Sorry about your TV though. It's one thing with electronics, they can crash at anytime without any sign. 

The last time my TV died, I drove to the store and bought a new one the same day. I live in an isolated location where there's not much else to do for entertainment, so having the TV out of comission is unacceptable to me.

Right now it's my PS4 that's dead, so I'm gaming on other platforms and trying to locate a used one at an acceptable price. I've already got a list of PS4 games I'm going to binge-play when I have a functional PS4 again.

When my PC died on me, I had to wait over 30 days for it to be repaired. I spent that time completing Spyro the Dragon on the Playstation One about 15 times: one day to get half way, one day to finish it, over and over again before and after work. I use this story as an example of how to do replay value: make a game simple, but more than that, make it worth playing for the pure heck of it. I got my PC back, and it was bittersweet returning to my restored rig when I could've played Spyro just one last time.

Thankfully I don't have many hardware failures like that any more. I no longer trust the store that sold it to me, and won't be going there - or any place - that sells me tech that dies before I've had it for 12 months.

That's why alternative gaming device is needed, so we don't stay stranded and out of idea on what to do and play games. Even if my console damages, I still have some games on my mobile, I will continue to play on mobile until I find solution for my damaged console. Take heart for your damaged TV. 

I would Play my video games on other platforms like PC and if that's not satisfying enough I just watch movies on my PC instead or play some mobile phone games which I enjoy really well too.

It's quite frustrating when you want to play videogames but your tech dies or have a malfunctioning it could end up ruining your day. That's why I don't get so used to playing on a single platform but try out a variety of them just in case one isn't available to me at the moment.

On 6/21/2022 at 11:32 AM, Heatman said:

I have never been in that situation but should that happen to me, and I have another gaming platform that doesn't require using my TV, it's going to make up the time for me till my new TV comes in. 

The only time something like that happened to me was when I was out and needed to play on my smartphone but unfortunately I didn't have enough battery power to play. The phone died on me when I was playing and I didn't have my charger with me. 

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Just wait it out or if I can borrow a gaming console/platform in the meantime, I'll just use that until the new stuff arrives. It doesn't make sense spending money on things you might not use in the long term.

My guys are too sticky with their consoles. They would never agree to borrow you but rather, they would have you come over and play at their place. 

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Just wait it out or if I can borrow a gaming console/platform in the meantime, I'll just use that until the new stuff arrives. It doesn't make sense spending money on things you might not use in the long term.

Till today, a friend of mine who's got Playstation 5 have never agreed to allow me take it for just a weekend. He would rather have me come and spend the weekend at his place then let me take his PS5. 

I had to deal with the Xbox 360 rrod 5 times, so having to send it in for repair 5 separate times was a pain. Each time, having to wait a month to get the repaired console. That's the worst I think. Oh and my TV died on me before, but had an older TV until I got the new one. 

On 6/22/2022 at 12:03 PM, Dannyjax said:

The only time something like that happened to me was when I was out and needed to play on my smartphone but unfortunately I didn't have enough battery power to play. The phone died on me when I was playing and I didn't have my charger with me. 

This is the reason why I don't leave my house without my power bank. Even if it's not for playing video games purposes, I can't afford to have my smartphone dying on me because of low battery life. It's something that's got a good workaround unlike what the OP had to pass through when her TV died on her. 

On 6/25/2022 at 5:22 PM, Heatman said:

Till today, a friend of mine who's got Playstation 5 have never agreed to allow me take it for just a weekend. He would rather have me come and spend the weekend at his place then let me take his PS5. 

I can't even give you my PlayStation 4 for a single  day let alone for a weekend, if you want to play you can just come over my place and enjoy but I don't lend out my consoles unless I want to gift it to the person.