Register Now
StaceyPowers

Ever get bored of violence in video games?

Do you ever find yourself getting bored with violence in video games?

In general, I would say I don’t, because I find violent video games a lot of fun. Shooters are among my favorite video game formats, and I don’t see that ever changing.

But when I played A Plague Tale: Innocence, I realized how refreshing it was to play in a largely non-violent way, just because it provided a different perspective (i.e. seeing the world through the eyes of two largely vulnerable children) and different gameplay.

What are your thoughts?

You nailed it with A Plague Tale. It was refreshing to go through the troubles without so much weapons and violence. Another I'd say is the Layers of Fear series. There is no blood, no violence or weapons. And it was the best horror series I've played. I do have to say though, I love the violence in games like Saints Row and GTA. It's, how should I put it, awesome. I'm not too big on shooters and I think starting off playing video games a few years back I did get bored with violence. Then I started playing games that have more exploration and scenery. And recently I played back to back a couple military games and it was very refreshing. Violence refreshing??? Yes it was because it had a cause. Oops, forgot there are bad causes too. I notice I go through cycles in gaming. A few weeks I'll go on a violent spree, then the next few weeks are more exploration type, then I go on a horror rampage. If the violence is funny like Saints Row 3 I'm playing, I don't see myself ever getting tired of it. It's happy time. 

It's not often, but yes, whenever the chance crops up to do something cleverly, charismatically or covertly, I'll take that over a violent approach any day of the week. Unfortunately it's not often I play games where said chances come up. As nice as it is to hear satisfying weapon sounds, it's equally nice to have done something differently and the developers acknowledge that as a possibility.

Most of the games that I have played always have a touch of violence in it. It's been all I have known for years and I'm very sure that it's part and parcel of me.

There's nothing like getting bored with such kind of games for me. 

5 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

My bloodlust will never be satisfied!

A Warlord or Vampire? Which one best depicts your bloodlust level? 

I hope you wouldn't mind my asking how you did that NEVER font in red? 

1 minute ago, Dannyjax said:

Both their levels are vastly inferior!

1 minute ago, Dannyjax said:

I'm on Chrome for Android.  I hit the options button on the top right corner (three dots) and switched the website to the "desktop version".  The text editor there has more options like colour, font size and alignment.

2 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

There's a toolbar above the textbox. There are various functions on it, including a option to change the text colour

1956987020_coltext1.thumb.png.83ddadffd0d78e616456a441429a1197.png

573030809_coltext2.thumb.png.bd4810418ebf397f7615233278bf5ecc.png

Just now, killamch89 said:

As @Crazycrab said, I'll never get bored of it most of the time. I mean, I've called down like a million meteors on the residents of Skyrim and I'll likely do the same thing again today because just seeing them all get blown to smithereens never gets old.

I'll assume that's a mod, right?

I enjoy wrecking havoc, killing with headshot for a smooth and bloody death when playing shooter games like call of duty, I like shooting or cutting zombies to shreds and having their blood bath the ground where I step on. This is just fun but I don't like violence in real life, never! But in a video game I enjoy creating a bloody mess. Lol

I still have as much fun playing violence free games like FIFA too.