Register Now
GeppyX

I'm thinking of getting a PS5 on Ebay. Let me know if I should change mind at last minute

I do appreciate all the support here and have held off on getting a PS5. But the fact of the matter is, I don't see any evidence that this console will be available. And I was thinking maybe I could just get one for about 750 on Ebay. I have a new credit card that I don't have to pay interest for the first 2 years. Wouldn't it be easier to just get the console and have it to play with instead of waiting for 2 years? I am thinking that I can play my PS4 games on the PS5. The experience will be better on the PS5 when I play PS4 games, right? 

I feel like I've held off for a long time enough. Sony has not addressed the shortage problem. Is 750 that much with no interest? People sometimes pay more for an iPhone. If you have any thoughts on this that go against what I might do let me know, but I don't believe in not giving in just because of the scalpers. I don't like scalpers but I have given Sony a fair chance. We are in June of 2022. This console came out Thanksgiving of 2020. 

If it’s important to your gameplay then by all means spend the money if it won’t hurt you. eBay is a reputable place and if you buy there make sure you have warranty. Sony offers manufacture warranties so look up to see how long you are covered. eBay offers warranties, but why pay for one through eBay if the manufacturer covers it. The longest warranty I’ve seen through eBay is 3  years and find out if the manufacturer warranty lasts longer. If you make a purchase through eBay then look at their feedback and history as a seller. Look at other items they sell. If things look generic or used, pass it up. Only buy new for ps5 as the manufacturer warranty only covers new. Putting items on a credit card is always the first step to bad credit. eBay actually offers credit through eBay only. First timers may get an offer. Look that up. And they offer payment plans if shown on your buying page of item. If you are a regular ebay user, they offer randomly at different times a discount and eBay bucks. Look that up. I’m in your boat. I want a ps5 too but 750 is too much. It’s not reasonable. So spoil yourself if you want. We deserve it sometimes. Don’t put yourself in a hole. 

On 6/18/2022 at 3:45 PM, GeppyX said:

Does anyone know if the PS4 games look noticeably better on PS5?

Not really. They look pretty much the same way they do on the PS4. Unless there's a remastered PS4 game I'm missing. The hardware runs it the same way from either system. The games don't change even if the system does.

On 6/17/2022 at 5:50 PM, GeppyX said:

I do appreciate all the support here and have held off on getting a PS5. But the fact of the matter is, I don't see any evidence that this console will be available. And I was thinking maybe I could just get one for about 750 on Ebay. I have a new credit card that I don't have to pay interest for the first 2 years. Wouldn't it be easier to just get the console and have it to play with instead of waiting for 2 years? I am thinking that I can play my PS4 games on the PS5. The experience will be better on the PS5 when I play PS4 games, right? 

I feel like I've held off for a long time enough. Sony has not addressed the shortage problem. Is 750 that much with no interest? People sometimes pay more for an iPhone. If you have any thoughts on this that go against what I might do let me know, but I don't believe in not giving in just because of the scalpers. I don't like scalpers but I have given Sony a fair chance. We are in June of 2022. This console came out Thanksgiving of 2020. 

I'd actually wait a few months to see if some changes in power cause a supply chain correction, to be honest. We're only a couple days out from September and I would wait until about December 1st to look at Sony's projection models on if and when PS5's will be on store shelves. There is a possibility that they could be back on store shelves just a few weeks before Christmas time and with virtually everything being expensive I would just wait and save the extra several hundred dollars.

Ebay Is a recognized marketplace for both fairly used, new and used products. You shouldn't worry or fear for your PS5 purchase over there if the price tallies your budget, but you should be wary of some ebay vendors at there, st times they want to play smart and that's weird. 

Most of the time it’s a scam and you can get refunded eBay takes action against scammers but you don’t wanna go through the trouble anyways. As long as they are not scrapers LOL.

If you buy from eBay get the receipt from the retailer they bought from. Also don't pay more that retail. If you need to warranty the console Sony wont do it without the receipt.

I wouldn't recommend spending that amount on Ebay as you would end up in paying more than you should have paid on Amazon's website. But that's not my major concern, as if you have not made the purchase, I will suggest you hold on a bit before December as prices will surely drop.

Yeah Ebay is pretty good about buyer protection. If you're scammed or someone isn't honoring the sale, you should be covered by ebay. If you can, I would buy from Sony themselves or from in store. 

On 6/18/2022 at 12:42 PM, The Blackangel said:

I don't recommend eBay or Amazon. Scalpers rule them in this instance. Go to someplace like Walmart online. You can at least trust them to not be scalping. Their prices are about the same as what you would find on Bay and Amazon.

Untitled.jpg

Be safe with Walmart online as well, they allow people to sell products, just like Amazon & ebay, and there are some scammers on there as well. If you do buy from Walmart, make sure it's sold by Walmart, and isn't from another seller. 

Edited by Kane99

On 9/8/2022 at 11:59 AM, Empire said:

Most of the time it’s a scam and you can get refunded eBay takes action against scammers but you don’t wanna go through the trouble anyways. As long as they are not scrapers LOL.

If you buy from eBay get the receipt from the retailer they bought from. Also don't pay more that retail. If you need to warranty the console Sony wont do it without the receipt.

The stress is another factor that one should look at in all of these too. There is a lot that can happen and receiving your funds back will take longer time. I think buying from the Sony store is better. 

6 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

The stress is another factor that one should look at in all of these too. There is a lot that can happen and receiving your funds back will take longer time. I think buying from the Sony store is better. 

When it comes to hardware I would buy new anyway 😉 I have sold things on Ebay and as a seller you do not know who your buyer is, can happen two ways