Register Now
Yaramaki

Have you ever been burned out on video games?

It's been about a week that i have not played any videogames which feels actually suprisingly good, can't say i even miss playing video games at this moment. It is also a personal milestone that proves that i am not addicted to videogames which some of the people around me acussed me of.

I got a lot of stuff done during that 7 day period that i've been putting off for like forever which i'm happy about. Finally got around building some new shelves for my gameroom and moved a chunck of my collection out of my parents place which in turn i've been putting off for a couple of years because i was too lazy to build some decent shelves. I've done some spring cleaning, re-arranged my attic, etc.

Hell yeah i finally feel like a real adult.

Now if you'll excuse me *pushes submit reply button and turns on console*

Edited by Yaramaki

I'd say I've been burnt out on video games a lot in the past. Not to say it has kept me from gaming, but it's caused me to game less and less these days. I mostly play fortnite with a few other games in the mix. It's not like it used to be, where I'd be playing almost daily. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I'd say I've been burnt out on video games a lot in the past. Not to say it has kept me from gaming, but it's caused me to game less and less these days. I mostly play fortnite with a few other games in the mix. It's not like it used to be, where I'd be playing almost daily. 

The burnout is very effective in cutting down one's game playing time especially with that particular game. You would find it less fun to play the game for longer hours again. 

On 6/27/2022 at 9:25 PM, Kane99 said:

I can remember years ago when I was very much into playing 2K WWE games, even with their bugs, because it wouldn't be 2K games without those games, I still managed to play their games on a considerably high rate till it got to a point where wrestling games doesn't make much sense to my anymore. I just play the games once in a while and it's all because I have burnt out my flair for the game. 

Any game that isn't interesting to me, I wouldn't play it. Because anytime I remember it, definitely I'll be feeling dizzy. I wouldn't even spend 2-3 hours nowadays playing any sort of game, I have my time schedule for everything, so I wouldn't lose my interest so quick around my favourite games. 

I think the reason I stopped playing Cyberpunk 2077 was because of burnout. I liked the game, but I just got bored with it after awhile, and playing it felt like a chore. I still need to beat it, but have been putting it off for the past year or two haha. I would like to revisit it one day, but I don't know if I ever will. I'm just too lazy to jump back in. Plus I probably forgot some of the controls and now I may have to outright restart. 

I am actually  in a phase where I find myself drifting away from playing video games as much as I used to and focusing more on other things, in the past I couldn't go two days without videogames but now I go five days it even a week without it, I do play videogames but without much enthusiasm.

7 hours ago, Clasher said:

I am actually  in a phase where I find myself drifting away from playing video games as much as I used to and focusing more on other things, in the past I couldn't go two days without videogames but now I go five days it even a week without it, I do play videogames but without much enthusiasm.

Hmm, I can't make such adjustment, I'll be moved to play games, unless I am in the prison yard. Apart from being in the prison where video games will be restricted for me, I wouldn't skip 4-5 days without testing my hands. 

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Hmm, I can't make such adjustment, I'll be moved to play games, unless I am in the prison yard. Apart from being in the prison where video games will be restricted for me, I wouldn't skip 4-5 days without testing my hands. 

That's why it's a phase, I don't know how long it's gonna last, so I just focus mind on other things like work and that gives me as much satisfaction I need.

I still play videogames but not as much as i used to.

Edited by Clasher

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

That's why it's a phase, I don't know how long it's gonna last, so I just focus mind on other things like work and that gives me as much satisfaction I need.

I still play videogames but not as much as i used to.

That's true, everything got time, their is no way you can sacrifice what's important in life to video games. It is cool to play when you're 💯 ready to have funds playing. 

On 7/8/2022 at 7:55 PM, Kane99 said:

I think the reason I stopped playing Cyberpunk 2077 was because of burnout. I liked the game, but I just got bored with it after awhile, and playing it felt like a chore. I still need to beat it, but have been putting it off for the past year or two haha. I would like to revisit it one day, but I don't know if I ever will. I'm just too lazy to jump back in. Plus I probably forgot some of the controls and now I may have to outright restart. 

It's dealing with the bugs/glitches in the game that burnt me out. I couldn't take it any longer and I had to stop playing it completely ever since. Even with all the patches and updates on the game, I haven't been able to get myself back into playing the game again. There's a possibility that I might not play it again. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

That's true, everything got time, their is no way you can sacrifice what's important in life to video games. It is cool to play when you're 💯 ready to have funds playing. 

Yeah, everything has its own time, I burned out of video gaming even though I own three gaming consoles, i didn't loose interest in gaming otherwise  I wouldn't be here , just that I don't really play as much as I used to and I am even more excited talking about it than actually playing it now.

3 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Yeah, everything has its own time, I burned out of video gaming even though I own three gaming consoles, i didn't loose interest in gaming otherwise  I wouldn't be here , just that I don't really play as much as I used to and I am even more excited talking about it than actually playing it now.

Their is no problem, provided you're enjoying what you do, you just got to stick with it. I don't play much though, due to my activities elsewhere, but I still manage to play with my spare time since video games run through my veins. 

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

Have you seen anyone who plays just one video game? There's a friend of mine who's just like that and he's never bored or burnt out from playing the same game over and over again. I keep wondering how he keeps that up because it's not something possible for me to do. He's been stuck in Mass Effect series ever since I have known him.