Register Now
DC

Ways to cool off in the summer heat

Summer has officially begun. So what are your favorite ways to cool off in the heat? Personally I enjoy swimming, cold water, and ice cream. Those are typically the most effective. I tend to go to the theatre, museums, and sports events a lot during the summer. Those indoor activities really make life more bearable during the hot summer hots.

Keep your feet cool! And your neck. They're both pulse points and putting an ice pack or a cool cloth on them can do wonders. I live in England, I just open the window for a bit and let the rain in. And even when it's sunny it never really gets much above 25 degrees.

WHen we do get over 30c, doesn't last a week 😛 only a day or two

It doesn't get too hot often this days so when it does I just go out to sit in the open air maybe under a tree at the back of my house on other days I might go swimming. Keeping cold water around comes in handy too.

12 hours ago, Empire said:

Keep your feet cool! And your neck. They're both pulse points and putting an ice pack or a cool cloth on them can do wonders. I live in England, I just open the window for a bit and let the rain in. And even when it's sunny it never really gets much above 25 degrees.

When we do get over 30c, doesn't last a week 😛 only a day or two

Taking of your shoes and socks works wonders to regulate your body heat. I keep a pair of ankle socks beside the bed in case I get cold at night. It really works. As for temperatures, here for the last few weeks, it's been around 90° every day. My body can't handle temperatures above 75° most of the time.

On 6/21/2022 at 11:41 AM, kingpotato said:

With a nice cold one

images (7).jpeg

He's doing that with attitude too; making a statement saying: This is what you do in the heat. I don't give a flying fuck what you fucking do...I'm gonna chug this ice cold beer that's been buried under all this cold ass ice, and nothing is going to stop me. Not the damn heat, not the damn crying baby. And not that bitch that just told me to put on sunscreen. You see this? Gulp gulp gulp. Fuck this damn ring. I need another. 

16 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

He's doing that with attitude too; making a statement saying: This is what you do in the heat. I don't give a flying fuck what you fucking do...I'm gonna chug this ice cold beer that's been buried under all this cold ass ice, and nothing is going to stop me. Not the damn heat, not the damn crying baby. And not that bitch that just told me to put on sunscreen. You see this? Gulp gulp gulp. Fuck this damn ring. I need another. 

Just do  you man, let's have a toast to the cooler days and to the days when an ice cold beer at hand can work wonders in regulating body temperatures. Cheers mate😅🍻....' takes one big gulp from my own can of ice cold beer'.

On 6/22/2022 at 2:25 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Very correct!!! Taking your shoes off you can feel 10 degrees instantly cooler. 

Even going to the coldest room with no carpets with feet on the floor is good