Register Now
StaceyPowers

Has anyone here ever ended up with a bricked console?

Yes, I am a victim of that. It still feels sad losing my first PS3 that way. Thunder strike damaged the rebooting system of my PS3, when I took it to the technician nothing was done. He (technician) simply said, nothing can be done to restore it. 

I think I had either two or three Xbox 360s end up that way. I was lucky enough to escape the initial Red Ring of Death (RRoD) manufacturing faults at the time, but they caught up with my system eventually. Then again they weren't really made for moving out of one place, which I did quite frequently to visit family elsewhere in the country. Fortunately I've never lost any other system besides a PC, part of which I'd mentioned in an earlier post.

My first xbox one got bricked due to lightning and a power outage. Well i should say the power supply was bricked but when i put it back into a power socket the console started smoking. I toke my anger out on it with a big hammer and smashed the damn thing.

At my grand parents place we had a master system and one day her dog found it necessary to urinate/piss on the console, needless to say the master system diden't make it lol. 

Nope - it's never happened to me and I've owned most consoles since the 90's including the infamous Xbox 360 with the ring of death issue. I must be extremely lucky and I do handle my consoles with care so maybe that's a factor in why it's never happened to me.

40 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I was never unfortunate to experience that with my console. Although, it was quite rampant with some of my friend's console. I guess I was one lucky lad 😊

Same thing I'm saying considering I used to play the hell out of my Xbox 360.

On 6/22/2022 at 6:36 PM, killamch89 said:

Same thing I'm saying considering I used to play the hell out of my Xbox 360.

Whenever such happens to my guys, I can see the frustration they feel because it ruins all the fun they have in playing their games. No one would ever be calm when that keeps happening with their game consoles. 

Yup, I had to send in my original Xbox 360 arcade console for repair up to 5 separate times, all due to the RRoD issue that plagued early consoles that generation. Everytime I had to send it off to get repaired (for free though thank goodness), but having to wait a month or more to get your console back was a pain in the ass. I decided to finally buy a Xbox 360 slim instead and that lasted me many years, until the DVD drive decided to stop working for me. 😞 

Sucks when that sort of thing happens, but if you're lucky, you'll have a warranty with it. 

23 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yup, I had to send in my original Xbox 360 arcade console for repair up to 5 separate times, all due to the RRoD issue that plagued early consoles that generation. Everytime I had to send it off to get repaired (for free though thank goodness), but having to wait a month or more to get your console back was a pain in the ass. I decided to finally buy a Xbox 360 slim instead and that lasted me many years, until the DVD drive decided to stop working for me. 😞 

Sucks when that sort of thing happens, but if you're lucky, you'll have a warranty with it. 

Seriously, having to work on my console controllers just once was a big turn off for me. After it was done, it felt weird playing with it to be very honest. It's why I'm not sure if I would be cool having to send in my console for a repair. Any little thing, I would feel it's because of the work on it. 

After my first PS3 got damaged I became afraid when something insignificant occur around my console. I am keeping my current console away from thunder strike, I don't want to lose my PS4 like the way my PS3 ended up. I experience some errors like 'freezing, lagging, when it gets heat up, but not regularly, it occurs once in a while. 

Edited by Justin11