Register Now
Clasher

Is The Last Of Us part 3 ever going to be a reality?

I have just completed part 2 for the second time and seen the ending a second time. I think it's already due time for a part 3 because the ending triggers me every time.

I went in search of answers and I saw this beautiful triller by inevagel gamers and it looks so good.

I hope the part 3 would become a reality soon enough I don't care how long to takes.

It’s interesting that Last Of Us 3 will be here soon. Honestly, they should have done better with part 2 storyline. Also I’m looking forward to the TV-Show as well. We’ll have to see how it goes with the timeline. On top of that, there have been rumors that Naughty Dog is working on Uncharted 5.

2 hours ago, Empire said:

It’s interesting that Last Of Us 3 will be here soon. Honestly, they should have done better with part 2 storyline. Also I’m looking forward to the TV-Show as well. We’ll have to see how it goes with the timeline. On top of that, there have been rumors that Naughty Dog is working on Uncharted 5.

There has been no official word that Naught Dog are working on TLOU Part III, what you see above is a fan made concept trailer

Naughty Dog sure do love to take their time with games, but at least they do it right. Both series were released at the end of a console generation. So a part 3 most likely will be when news of ps6 is about to be released. And it all also depends how well the TV TLOU series does. If it’s good then they will most likely keep the game series going. That would be awesome to have a 5 part game series all masterpieces. If Part 3 comes out 5 years from now, we will already be living in an apocalypse so they can easily use real footage to make it real as possible. A part 4 literally will livestream a nuclear fallout. 

Of course there will be a third in the series. When that is, I have no clue, but it's pretty much inevitable. Naughty Dog would be crazy not to capitalize on making a third in the series. They don't have to, but there's money to be made and lots of it. 

I wouldn't expect them to make a 4th though. If anything I think they will end it with the 3rd, and if they decide to make any future games, it'll be in this world, but will follow a completely different group of people and maybe be in a different setting. I'd be cool with that. 

There's been so many speculations about The Last Of Us Part III but I'm not giving any ears to it. Just like what happened when gamers were speculating about GTA 6 before Rockstar announced the game was in development. I'm going to stick on waiting for Naught Dog to make an official announcement, then it's Here We Go!! 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

There's been so many speculations about The Last Of Us Part III but I'm not giving any ears to it. Just like what happened when gamers were speculating about GTA 6 before Rockstar announced the game was in development. I'm going to stick on waiting for Naught Dog to make an official announcement, then it's Here We Go!! 

Naughty Dog will make a third. It's pretty much a given. They originally were only going to do just the first game, but the popularity and the fans wanting a sequel helped make that a reality. So a third is something they'd be crazy not to take advatage of. And hey, that means more remasters they can make. 😄

23 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Naughty Dog will make a third. It's pretty much a given. They originally were only going to do just the first game, but the popularity and the fans wanting a sequel helped make that a reality. So a third is something they'd be crazy not to take advatage of. And hey, that means more remasters they can make. 😄

There's a possibility of Naughty Dog making a third release of the game, I'm never writing that off but I'm just not having so much hope on it yet till they get to make an official announcement about it. I just don't want to have any sort of disappointment should they decide against making it. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

There's a possibility of Naughty Dog making a third release of the game, I'm never writing that off but I'm just not having so much hope on it yet till they get to make an official announcement about it. I just don't want to have any sort of disappointment should they decide against making it. 

And that's fair. But I feel at this point that Naughty Dog are set to keep this franchise going. If all these remasters says anything, they are willing to stick with these franchises and milk them for everything they can. I really didn't think we needed another remaster of the first game, but we're getting it. And I'm sure The Last of US part 2 will get another remaster by the time a third game is announced or released. 

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

And that's fair. But I feel at this point that Naughty Dog are set to keep this franchise going. If all these remasters says anything, they are willing to stick with these franchises and milk them for everything they can. I really didn't think we needed another remaster of the first game, but we're getting it. And I'm sure The Last of US part 2 will get another remaster by the time a third game is announced or released. 

Yeah, they have set a pattern already on how they decide to go with the game's franchise. If it goes exactly as they want it with the remasters, then it would inevitable they would keep going with the franchise till there's nothing to add in it again that's going to interest gamers. 

On 6/22/2022 at 10:29 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

If Part 3 comes out 5 years from now, we will already be living in an apocalypse so they can easily use real footage to make it real as possible. A part 4 literally will livestream a nuclear fallout. 

So you feel in 5 years we would already be living in an apocalypse,

though I don't agree with you on this but what you said about naughty dog releasing each title of TLOU at the end of a console generation is True and I think that is the same pattern that would come to play if there is going to be a TLOU part 3.

On 6/22/2022 at 9:09 PM, killamch89 said:

We aren't sure what Naughty Dog has in mind for the future of the series so it's currently up in the air at this moment. As of now, we only know that they're going to do a remake of the original game.

Exactly!! That's why I'm not really that much into the speculations of the 3rd one being made. If they eventually decides to have it developed, that's good and if not, I'm still good too. I'm just focused on the Remake of the first release they are working on and hopefully that's going to be something awesome to play, although I have an issue with the price. 

On 7/28/2022 at 5:11 AM, Heatman said:

Yeah, they have set a pattern already on how they decide to go with the game's franchise. If it goes exactly as they want it with the remasters, then it would inevitable they would keep going with the franchise till there's nothing to add in it again that's going to interest gamers. 

And it's very likely they'll continue the franchise past a part III. There's always a possibility of spin-offs. We also have the new TV show coming out, which could create new spin-offs there. The Uncharted games made it to a 4th game, so there's always a chance we'll see more Last of Us. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly!! That's why I'm not really that much into the speculations of the 3rd one being made. If they eventually decides to have it developed, that's good and if not, I'm still good too. I'm just focused on the Remake of the first release they are working on and hopefully that's going to be something awesome to play, although I have an issue with the price. 

Yeah I don't agree with the price. Here in the US I hear it's going to be $70. And I don't know if a remaster/little upgrade is worthy of a $70 price tag when there is already two different versions of this game already. I thought it was going to cost like $30. Hell I think $40 would be fair, but $70, for a game we already played, some of who played two different versions already? Yeah I don't agree with that.

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

And it's very likely they'll continue the franchise past a part III. There's always a possibility of spin-offs. We also have the new TV show coming out, which could create new spin-offs there. The Uncharted games made it to a 4th game, so there's always a chance we'll see more Last of Us. 

Yeah, you're right about such pattern already being played out with Uncharted games which is decent enough, so with The Last Of Us, it's highly unlikely they wouldn't work towards taking same advantage because when there's a possibility of making money from it, they will always explore it. 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah I don't agree with the price. Here in the US I hear it's going to be $70. And I don't know if a remaster/little upgrade is worthy of a $70 price tag when there is already two different versions of this game already. I thought it was going to cost like $30. Hell I think $40 would be fair, but $70, for a game we already played, some of who played two different versions already? Yeah I don't agree with that.

This is the only challenge I see that's likely going to deter a lot of gamers to jump into purchasing the game when it's released. A lot of gamers would definitely prefer to wait it out till the price comes down or it's being sold on promo.