Register Now
Clasher

Is The Last Of Us part 3 ever going to be a reality?

On 7/27/2022 at 1:58 AM, Kane99 said:

Naughty Dog will make a third. It's pretty much a given. They originally were only going to do just the first game, but the popularity and the fans wanting a sequel helped make that a reality. So a third is something they'd be crazy not to take advatage of. And hey, that means more remasters they can make. 😄

yep a 3rd game would hit the mark, and also differentiate Naughty dog from valve, what with no game with "3" in the title being made. 🤣 seriously this half life and co. gag that valve keeps on doing. like how world war Z is essentially left for dead 3. 😅

21 hours ago, Kane99 said:

And it's very likely they'll continue the franchise past a part III. There's always a possibility of spin-offs. We also have the new TV show coming out, which could create new spin-offs there. The Uncharted games made it to a 4th game, so there's always a chance we'll see more Last of Us. 

Yeah I don't agree with the price. Here in the US I hear it's going to be $70. And I don't know if a remaster/little upgrade is worthy of a $70 price tag when there is already two different versions of this game already. I thought it was going to cost like $30. Hell I think $40 would be fair, but $70, for a game we already played, some of who played two different versions already? Yeah I don't agree with that.

wait, there's a TV show coming out? Why'd I didn't hear about that? XD I must've been living under a rock or something... 🧱

also maybe the 70$ or 80$ would be a fine price if it was a 2 in 1 remaster of the last of us from 1-2 bundled in one game... maybe... just a thought.

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, you're right about such pattern already being played out with Uncharted games which is decent enough, so with The Last Of Us, it's highly unlikely they wouldn't work towards taking same advantage because when there's a possibility of making money from it, they will always explore it. 

This is the only challenge I see that's likely going to deter a lot of gamers to jump into purchasing the game when it's released. A lot of gamers would definitely prefer to wait it out till the price comes down or it's being sold on promo. 

Of course gamers will wait it out, they'll wait out the prices just like waiting for GPU sales too. 😁

4 hours ago, Gonassis said:

yep a 3rd game would hit the mark, and also differentiate Naughty dog from valve, what with no game with "3" in the title being made. 🤣 seriously this half life and co. gag that valve keeps on doing. like how world war Z is essentially left for dead 3. 😅

wait, there's a TV show coming out? Why'd I didn't hear about that? XD I must've been living under a rock or something... 🧱

also maybe the 70$ or 80$ would be a fine price if it was a 2 in 1 remaster of the last of us from 1-2 bundled in one game... maybe... just a thought.

Of course gamers will wait it out, they'll wait out the prices just like waiting for GPU sales too. 😁

They already have trilogies, like the jak and daxter trilogy. Also a quadrilogy with Uncharted as I think there's 4 games in the main series. 

As for the TV show, yup. It stars Pedro Pascal (I think I spelled that right) as Joel. I don't remember the actor who is playing Elle. But she too was from game of thrones. 

And a part 1 and 2 remaster in on package for that price would be a lot more convincing and worth it imo. It would make more sense too. 

16 hours ago, Gonassis said:

Of course gamers will wait it out, they'll wait out the prices just like waiting for GPU sales too. 

No matter how it's been looked at, that's the only best way to go about it unless the particular gamer doesn't care about how much he spends on game's he's got its first release. It's not economically wise for me to spend that much on a game I previously owned its two releases. 

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

They already have trilogies, like the jak and daxter trilogy. Also a quadrilogy with Uncharted as I think there's 4 games in the main series. 

The developers of Uncharted really hit a jackpot with the game and even its movie too. I enjoyed both of them without much to nag over and with The Last Of Us looking at taking up the same path, they will do just fine. 

Edited by Heatman

Naughty dog is going the path of remasters or remakes and I think this maybe could be because there are trying to play it safe and doesn't what to release a game that wouldn't meet up  to expectation.

A lot of games have actually lost its original intensity and feel like COD after some more release after the original first 2 releases but I don't see it that way either.

So I bet naughty dog doesn't want to classified in such ranks so they are taking their time before considering a whole new title on the series.

11 hours ago, Clasher said:

Naughty dog is going the path of remasters or remakes and I think this maybe could be because there are trying to play it safe and doesn't what to release a game that wouldn't meet up  to expectation.

A lot of games have actually lost its original intensity and feel like COD after some more release after the original first 2 releases but I don't see it that way either.

So I bet naughty dog doesn't want to classified in such ranks so they are taking their time before considering a whole new title on the series.

I wouldn't say it's playing it safe, just that they know that the audience would be into playing more last of us remasters until a new one drops. It's just their way of holding fans over until a third is announced. They will release another remaster, probably for the second game before the third is even announced. Or they may do a double remaster for both games in one package before the third is ever announced. 

What I'm saying is this, a third is a very likely possibility, because Naughty Dog knows there is definite money in a third game. So does Sony, so they're probably already in talks for a third. 

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Naughty dog is already more interested in doing Remakes for now and it's still unclear if they have any plans to make another sequel or develop the last of part three anytime soon.

Well, they could make sequels that they can later remaster like they're doing now. 😄

They will remake the second game next, and then we'll probably get some announcement about a third on the way. 

8 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Well, they could make sequels that they can later remaster like they're doing now. 😄

They will remake the second game next, and then we'll probably get some announcement about a third on the way. 

Yeah, they could do that as well.

Hopefully we get a new game or we just stay Satisfied with the Remakes we are getting now.