Register Now
DC

Celebrating 150,000 Posts at VGR Forum

I want to congratulate and thank each of you for contributing to 150,000 posts on VGR forum! This is a huge milestone, and it is hard to believe we accomplished it so soon after we hit 100,000 posts late last year.

I am so proud not only of how active our community is, but how much quality and consistency we have maintained over the years. While VGR’s membership has grown, we retain a tight-knit core of dedicated members who continue to engage in compelling, thoughtful dialogue, and who support each other as part of an inclusive and welcoming community. Thank you all again for all you have done to make VGR forum a top destination for discussing video games online.

As always, if you have any questions or suggestions about VGR, please feel free to post here to contact me via private message. 

Congratulations first to our amiable admin @DC for keeping VGR alive. With the active posters we have here, reaching this milestone wasn't surprising. Next up, will be reaching '200,000 posts, which might come in less than three months time. 

1 hour ago, Techno said:

Honestly, this is kind of concerning to me. The forum hit 50,000+ posts in a span of a few months. Seeing as the last three months had massive problems with low quality posts, I'm not sure 50,000 posts is a good thing when most of the posts kind of suck.

We have removed a handful of troublesome posters and evaluating the few that remain here, but the vast majority of all posts on VGR have been quality.

Great News, glad to know the community is growing and I have been seeing a lot of new members who are posting actively here in the community, vgr is sure a good place to cool off and discuss about your favorite games. More growth to the community 👍

When I came to this community which is around September 2021, the number of posts wasn't up to 100,000, I was here when DC capped off 100,000 posts mark in VGR. I'm happy that I'm part of the users here that has contributed over 75,000 forum posts within the interval of nine months, kudos to VGR and DC for the latest benchmark. 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

When I came to this community which is around September 2021, the number of posts wasn't up to 100,000, I was here when DC capped off 100,000 posts mark in VGR. I'm happy that I'm part of the users here that has contributed over 75,000 forum posts within the interval of nine months, kudos to VGR and DC for the latest benchmark. 

It's probably none of my business but I just gotta quote this so you have been here for like roughly 10 months and made over 10 000 posts in that period. That's over 1000 posts a month!!! That is like what over 30 posts a day. Come one man isen't it time to start giving it some tought you may be over doing it a bit? 

But anyways glad to know i contributed roughly 500 posts to the 150 000 milestone.

Edited by Yaramaki

12 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

It's probably none of my business but I just gotta quote this so you have been here for like roughly 10 months and made over 10 000 posts in that period. That's over 1000 posts a month!!! That is like what over 30 posts a day. Come one man isen't it time to start giving it some tought you may be over doing it a bit? 

But anyways glad to know i contributed roughly 500 posts to the 150 000 milestone.

I enjoy posting here, I take a rest too, I don't even know when I made such high number of posts. Since I got others I'm interacting with, such made it easy to keep average of 30 posts daily. 

43 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

28 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I enjoy posting here, I take a rest too, I don't even know when I made such high number of posts. Since I got others I'm interacting with, such made it easy to keep average of 30 posts daily. 

I just ran the same math for myself. I joined 950 days ago (November 28, 2019) and this here will be my 2,612th post. So that's average of 2.75 posts a day. I have had a little time off from the forum here and there and my moderating duties and updating the Game Services Threads do rob me of quite a bit of time I could spend making posts, but even so that is pretty alarming. To do 30 posts a day, I would have to try to hit that number, and I mean really try. That's not my style. I post if and when I feel I have something worthwhile to say. Whether it be something informative, in debate, advisory, funny or whatever, I could easily read about 30+ posts from others and not make a single post myself, that's just how I enjoy spending my time here. I get a lot out of this place, possibly more than I give back, and cannot imagine feeling that way whilst making 30 posts a day. Everything I say would be drowned out and bleed together and probably even forget most of it. I just couldn't do that, at least not a smaller forum like this.