Register Now
DC

Dumbest purchase

I once bought a really expensive bottle of wine for about $100, I have forgotten the brand and all but that was an extravagant choice at that time  for a friend's birthday only to for it to fall off his hand and shattered all over the floor.

I couldn't say a thing at the moment we were all tipsy and only had a good laugh about it.

This is a hard one. But to give it an answer, I would probably say it was a copy of RDR2 that I got on eBay. It cost $235. I got it for the DLC code, and so that @Rain Dew and I wouldn't be fighting over who gets to play it since at the time we only had one copy. The reason I say it was dumb is because if I had just gone to the Rockstar website, I would have been able to get a brand new copy for less than half of what I spent on eBay for a used copy. But the DLC code was unused, otherwise I would never have bought it.

Gaming wise probably donating 1500$ to the shenmue 3 kickstarter campaign, if only i had known how the game would have turned out in the end i woulden't have kickstarted so much money but ohwell.

Other then gaming spending 500 bucks on an ipad that i've used maybe a handfull of time before giving it to my dad who in turn got hooked on the damn thing.

It's going be Bulova Men's Crystal Octave Watch. I purchased it from amazon for $410 at 34% discount as its original price was $625. It was the Crystal Black colour I had purchased but in the end, I felt stupid over it. 

I think it was my limited Edition Air Force collection I had back in the day. I had a extremely limited orange and black Halloween version that costs me like $700 at the time. I never had worn it and ended up selling my entire collection of AF 1's for like $5000. I say it's my dumbest purchase because I've attempted to buy another shoe for anywhere close to $500.

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Paying extra fees for my second mobile phone is a pain in the axe. I bought it second hand, the first one wasn't okay, do I exchanged it back to the one that is okay, I was charged additional 30% fee.

Yikes! Why did they charge you that much just to replace it?

1 hour ago, Grungie said:

About 3 years ago I bought a Gen 1 Zune for shits and giggles. I loaded up some songs into it, listened to it once and haven’t touched it since.

I literally only bought it to say I had one.

How much did it cost you?

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yikes! Why did they charge you that much just to replace it?

Damn, it was frustrating to hear at that time. I was charged such high amount of money, because I returned the first phone and was desperate for another phone. The first one was their fault, they sold a phone that was faulty and expect me to repair it. In order for them to give me another, they said I have to balance up, because the second one has more features than the first one, but in a nutshell, the charges was whopping, I didn't expect it. I bought the first one at '$85, then the second, I have to pay extra '40$. 

2 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Damn, it was frustrating to hear at that time. I was charged such high amount of money, because I returned the first phone and was desperate for another phone. The first one was their fault, they sold a phone that was faulty and expect me to repair it. In order for them to give me another, they said I have to balance up, because the second one has more features than the first one, but in a nutshell, the charges was whopping, I didn't expect it. I bought the first one at '$85, then the second, I have to pay extra '40$. 

That's more than 50 % increment for a replacement. I hope the second one was worth it though and served much better than the first one you got.

On 6/25/2022 at 3:32 AM, Justin11 said:

That's a lot actually, you sure you couldn't have shopped around for a better deal on the phone you wanted? Or is it that the amount of phone sellers is limited based on where you live?